Greasy Lake Community

9/19/1978! (New archive release)

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

I guess that's why I woke up to see my that my Vimeo account was deleted. Doesn't want anyone disturbing the slow drip feed of single songs from a 10 year old DVD

Nothing to do with the release. All to do with Bruce’s deal with Univeral Music Publishing Group. 

Amazing amazing release! we all know it so well already, but the sound is just... incredible. Racing into Thunder Road is simply my favourite transition ever. There's something transcendental about it that touches my soul and just takes me away. magical

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3

Really random observation and question incoming:

On my third listen on "Badlands" I was surprised to hear the announcer pronounce Passaic, "PA-SAY-ICK", as I've been under the impression it was simply something along the lines of, "PASS-ACK". 

Is this a matter of where you're from or is that the legit pronunciation and I've been living a lie?

Sorry, it's just my world hasn't been turned this upside down since BBC4 pronounced it "TemPA, Arizona" rather than "TEM-PAY."

• Haha 2

On 7 September 2019 at 7:15 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

Do you play the HD files on an SD card in your car head unit or a portable external Hard drive connected to the car USB? Car head units downsample the sound quality to CD (16 bit) as I understand it.

Unless you connect your external High Resolution music player which will process your HD files and convert that undiluted sound to analog for you to play via your car Aux-in. That way, the HD files are from your music player and not processed by your car head unit DAC.

I do that, because my high res player supports gapless play and I can’t stand listening to live concerts with gaps in between the tracks. 

Was this ever answered? Im curious about audio quality

On 9/9/2019 at 12:13 AM, davalav said:

How big of a must-have is this show?

Last time I downloaded a show was November when there was a 50-percent off sale. And that was after asking the Mrs. permission.

This time, I'm asking her for forgiveness.

B)

Hey I'm as whipped as the next guy, but MP3 is only $9.95. I'll just tell my wife I skipped lunch for a couple days. :o

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, USAman said:

Was this ever answered? Im curious about audio quality

No citysmith, didn’t say but I suspect he is playing his files directly via the car head unit (usb or sd card) so the files will be downsampled to standard FLAC from FLAC HD unless it’s a top end after market car stereo which has high resolution capability. 

While I love the 78 tour, it was never my favorite. But everyone here seems to want shows they already have - wasn’t it cool to hear Houston/78?

He did a lot of good stuff on that tour and there are certainly others besides these radio broadcasts I’d rather have.

Regardless,  here’s to a Fall/84 show being released soon ... 

Brad

• Like 1

Finally i could listen to the new release. I was already happy with this ‘78 release but after listening the show i was blown away. Great versions of the songs and also some great transitions like Meeting and Jungleland. 

Hopefully we also get more ‘78 shows like Atlanta and the Winterland shows or a surprise show which doesn’t circulate in soundboard yet.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 9/6/2019 at 11:15 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Do you play the HD files on an SD card in your car head unit or a portable external Hard drive connected to the car USB? Car head units downsample the sound quality to CD (16 bit) as I understand it.

Unless you connect your external High Resolution music player which will process your HD files and convert that undiluted sound to analog for you to play via your car Aux-in. That way, the HD files are from your music player and not processed by your car head unit DAC.

I do that, because my high res player supports gapless play and I can’t stand listening to live concerts with gaps in between the tracks. 

Which hi res player do you have? I was thinking about going in that direction. My old 4th Gen 160GB iPod recently died.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:38 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Really random observation and question incoming:

On my third listen on "Badlands" I was surprised to hear the announcer pronounce Passaic, "PA-SAY-ICK", as I've been under the impression it was simply something along the lines of, "PASS-ACK". 

Is this a matter of where you're from or is that the legit pronunciation and I've been living a lie?

Sorry, it's just my world hasn't been turned this upside down since BBC4 pronounced it "TemPA, Arizona" rather than "TEM-PAY."

Jez i only learnt how to say Monmouth last week (and that's with an English accent !)

On 9/11/2019 at 12:54 PM, Wild & Innocent said:

I’ve blasted the Because The Night out numerous times. His solo could be considered flawless. It pushes Nassau all the way!!

And yes, I listen to it absolutely blaring!!!!

100% agreed.  I always thought BTN sounded a little lightweight on the original boot but it is an absolute beast on this release.  Maybe my new favourite version overall and the solo is epic.  Nassau NYE was a revelation in the new mix and the solo here is on a par I feel.