Sign in to follow this  
gus

Time of the year

the day has improved somewhat

i never made my banana pancakes and bacon though :(

i had normal boring old weat bix, milk and tinned fruit salad (not even the good fruit salad with the cherries) :(

then i had planned on scotch eggs for lunch - a disaster :angry:

So i ended up having way too many cold soft boiled eggs for lunch :o

but i roasted a lamb leg for tea with roast kumera, spud and yams

Gary thawed out before lunch, i don't know what got into him

im been real quiet all day and its been bitterly cold outside the few times ibe been out to check on Tibby

he can go into the laundry if he gets cold - i made him a bed on a garden chair 

my sister texted me shock horror, that never happens  

this is my 20th birthday spent with Gary

we must be doing something right 

its just another day isnt it ?

turning 48 :(

Banana pancakes sound lovely, how do you make them, Daisey?

Sad you didn't have a nice day.  It's been rubbish here too, damp and chilly and we had no electricity from 9 to 5 as they were replacing poles and wires in our village.  So I saved up some chores that would take me out - really exciting stuff like going to the tip and taking the dog to have his claws clipped (that was quite eventful as he gets stressed out).

Is Gary on any medication?  Sometimes that can make people flip out a bit.

Hi Daisey, just realised missed your birthday! 

Sorry to read about all your troubles, sending you a big hug ..

fb45e424BD04634_LG__05918.1524170108.450.800.gif

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Rizla said:

Banana pancakes sound lovely, how do you make them, Daisey?

Sad you didn't have a nice day.  It's been rubbish here too, damp and chilly and we had no electricity from 9 to 5 as they were replacing poles and wires in our village.  So I saved up some chores that would take me out - really exciting stuff like going to the tip and taking the dog to have his claws clipped (that was quite eventful as he gets stressed out).

Is Gary on any medication?  Sometimes that can make people flip out a bit.

when my mum told dad she was going to gave a baby (me) my dad said " we need to go to the tip " 

im the worst person for cooking advice but its the basic 3 ingrediant banana pancake but i add a little brown sugar and vinnilla and cinnamon

mash ripe banana, add egg and wip, add self raising flour (not sure if you should sift it - probably a good idea)-  i never seem to have self raising flour here so i add baking powder (there is probably guidelines in all cookbooks what to actually do if you don't have self raising flour) but the egg helps anyway and i also add milk because you want mix not dough and i never remember how much flour it needs 

taste it to see if you need to add sugar

i guess ive deviated from the 3 ingredient recepie. it needs the cinoman and vannila imho

it looks a bit like a piclette mix and you do get bubbles when its time to turn it over 

it doesn't have butter in the mix so i put a big chunk in the pan :D

ive only recently got brave enough to try maple syrup but Gary slathers it on

and plenty of bacon

i usually have that in the oven as im making the pancake on the stove

yes Gary is on a ton of medication :(

• Thanks 1

Late as usual ..... Happy Birthday Daisey. Very nice of Bruce to release a classic Darkness show with a really long Kitty in honor of your Birthday. Hang in there ... Spring is just around the corner !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1