Greasy Lake Community

Bruce does NOT win Emmy for SoB

AMIW

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

It's not a loss.  Nothing was taken away from him - he just didn't win.

well its not like its a sports kind of loss so yours  is the glass half full way of looking at it

and getting nominated is an honour in itself 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, misty rain said:

I didn't see Michelle Obama, but I loved the Stevie Wonder episode. :)

i have to catch up on this

ive mean meaning to for a while 

ive only seen the one with President Obama and i thougherly enjoyed it

11 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:
13 hours ago, Rizla said:

It's not a loss.  Nothing was taken away from him - he just didn't win.

well its not like its a sports kind of loss so yours  is the glass half full way of looking at it

and getting nominated is an honour in itself 

Exactly, Daisey.  If I enter a competition and don't win, I don't feel that I've lost anything.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rizla said:

Exactly, Daisey.  If I enter a competition and don't win, I don't feel that I've lost anything.  

Exactly. Not winning the Emmy does not diminish the value or quality of the show at all. There’s no shame in losing to a Beatle either :D. The Wire is considered by many (myself included) to be the one of the greatest shows of all time, and it was completely a ignored for the most part every year it was on. Bruce on Broadway stands on its own, even without an Emmy. Besides, it’s not like it went empty handed, the director won.

25 minutes ago, Declansk said:

There’s no shame in losing to a Beatle either :D.

Correct.  There’s not.  Show does stand on its own, even if Thom hadn’t won.  I agree with you... lots of songs, shows, movies, albums, artists that I’ve loved either didn’t win or weren’t nominated.  

Doesn’t make them any less wonderful in my eyes.  SoB included. 

And great if it doesn’t bother anyone personally if you or someone you think should win, doesn’t.  

Be that as it may; there’s nothing wrong if anyone (any of us, Bruce, his family...) is disappointed that it didn’t win.   

18 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Didn't he already win a Tony for it?  

Jesus, if the guy wins anymore damned awards I will not be able to count 'em all.  

18 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes he did.  

Not to slit hairs here, but wasn't that Tony sort of given to him, and not really won? 

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Not to slit hairs here, but wasn't that Tony sort of given to him, and not really won? 

Yes, he was awarded the Tony, for “having preformed over 230 sold out shows, bringing hundreds of thousands of people to Broadway.” 

You’re absolutely right, he didn’t ‘win’ it the conventional way, but I wouldn’t say it was just ‘given’ to him, as IMO, he earned it.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yes, he was awarded the Tony, for “having preformed over 230 sold out shows, bringing hundreds of thousands of people to Broadway.” 

You’re absolutely right, he didn’t ‘win’ it the conventional way, but I wouldn’t say it was just ‘given’ to him, as IMO, he earned it.  

Totally agree. A one man show, entirely sold out for 236 performances and led to a film, a soundtrack and some of the most amazing reviews ever... deserved a Tony 100%!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1