Greasy Lake Community

47 years ago - M*A*S*H debuts

14 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Got them all on DVD. Loved that series … and was rather partial to Hawkeye.

Haha - just read the initial bit - not all of them. Just the first series. 

I wasn't THAT keen … or rich! :)

5 hours ago, THUE said:

Great series that faded for me as time went on. When Charles arrived it started going down hill. Trapper and Frank years were far superior. 

I love Charles! Never was really fond of BJ, though. Frank was great, but his act got a little old after 3 or 4 seasons. And as the show got a bit more serious as the seasons went on I thought the introduction of Charles was well done. 

My favourite character must be Col. Potter, though. Especially his interactions with Klinger and Charles were brilliant. I love that epsiode where Potter and Charles have the mumps and get quarantined in the same tent.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

A fantastic show. Impossible to pick a favorite episode, but the one with the stopwatch in the corner of the frame, Henry Blake's death as he's shipping out and the one where the woman smothers a chicken on the bus, but it was actually a baby all stand out in my memory as emotionally impactful.

Favorite character of all had to be Radar.

• Like 2

oh shit

im.going to have to get my blue ray player hooked up ...finally

im pretty sure i have them all

over the years and many repeat watchings ive learnt to really love Klinger 

the one that sticks in my head is when they have a gathering state side for the families and everyone pretends its not Korea for Klinger's mum, who doesn't speek English - but of course she knows he is in Korea

the one where Col Potter is out of camp and Sophie gets sick and the one where she goes missing and the old Korean vetern grandpa rides her before he dies

the one with the solider who is a pianist loses his arm and Winchester gets him one handed music

the one where Winchester buys lollies and presents for the orphins for xmas and they sell them to buy food for the orphins

When Margaret's dad comes to visit and has to be told what a fantastic nurse and officer she is

when Margaret thinks she's pregnent and they have to operate on Radar's rabbit to do a pregnency test

when Margaret catches the nurses making fudge in their tent and is really upset because they never invited her

Of course Henry Blake's plane going down over the sea of Japan. i probably know that one word for word

when MacIntyre goes home and doesn't get to say good buy to Hawkeye 

when Radar gives Col. Potter the horse 

I never liked Frank - i do love Charles Emerson Winchester the 3rd and Margaret got much nicer once Frank was gone

when Francis plants the corn and we see it through its growing season and then the cook creams it ! 

when they were low on water and Hawkeye got a bath and everything was cooked in canned milk

when they got OJ for Col Potter (maybe it was his birthday)

when Peg had an affair 

when Radar went home and meet Peg and Eryn at the airport on the way through, and Eryn called Radar Dad

when Margaret and Hawkeye finally got together one night caught out under fire

when Hawkey went to the peace talks

when hawkeye had to treat the north korean after being captured by North Koreans 

BJ's patient who was addicted to morphine 

the one that's bothering me is when Col Potter is upperty because something isnt right at home ...i can't remember what was wrong at home

col Potter's wedding aniversary and the home movies 

• Like 2

how could i forget the one where Radar is posting home a Jeep piece by piece

and when its really cold and the army hasnt got the winter gear out to them yet - reminds me of my last employer 

winter uniform arrives in November (almost summer)

4 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

A fantastic show. Impossible to pick a favorite episode, but the one with the stopwatch in the corner of the frame, Henry Blake's death as he's shipping out and the one where the woman smothers a chicken on the bus, but it was actually a baby all stand out in my memory as emotionally impactful.

Favorite character of all had to be Radar.

I believe the smothering chicken episode was the finale. I could be mistaken. 

Was always a fan of any episode with sidney freeman.

The episode with Whiplash Wang is classic 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

What was the one where Hawkeye had to promise a series of favors to get one favor for someone? I can't remember the details.

all i remember is that one was brilliant ! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

It was fascinating to watch the transformation of Margaret from Hot Lips, a caricature that bothered me even way back in the day, into a fully realized and complex character. One of my favorite things that she said was once when she was being treated disrespectfully because women aren’t “real” majors was that the oak leaf on her collar is gold, they don’t come in blue for boys and pink for girls. 

MASH elevated the sitcom, allowed that format to take on drama and pathos with more depth and regularity than any before it. Every dramedy on TV since owes them a debt. 

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
On 9/19/2019 at 6:30 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

when Peg had an affair 

This is the only bit I didn’t remember from your list, Daisey. 

I remember exactly the scene where Radar announces  Henry’s death in the OR and they all just have to keep working, 

• Sad 1