Greasy Lake Community

The 100 Top TV Shows Of The 21st Century

I would have had Dr Who near the top, particularly the Russell T Davies years.

What about

X Files

Hamish MacBeth

Ballykissangel

Goodnight Sweetheart

Wacky Races

Batfink!

or dare I say

Heres Humphrey @Humphrey B Bear

HR Pufnstuf 

Wallace & Gromit

The Goodies

Seachange (a local fave)

Do these reviewers live in a cave?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Nope.... Never seen a single episode of any of those three series.

Never seen any of The Sopranos.  I keep meaning to have a look.
I think I watched one episode of The Wire and never went back.
I've seen the first three (I think) eps of Mad Men but haven't watched any more for weeks, so you can see how gripped I am.  Just not finding it that interesting.

The shows I have enjoyed enormously recently are Chernobyl, The Assassination Of Gianni Versace, Sex Education and of course Game Of Thrones.   Not sure what that says about me and my taste :lol:

15 hours ago, Rizla said:

Never seen any of The Sopranos.  I keep meaning to have a look.
I think I watched one episode of The Wire and never went back.
I've seen the first three (I think) eps of Mad Men but haven't watched any more for weeks, so you can see how gripped I am.  Just not finding it that interesting.

The shows I have enjoyed enormously recently are Chernobyl, The Assassination Of Gianni Versace, Sex Education and of course Game Of Thrones.   Not sure what that says about me and my taste :lol:

Chernobyl was excellent. Also just finished watching The Terror, as I loved the book it was based on. Coincidentally, both star Jared Harris, whom I learned after is one of the sons of Richard Harris.

41 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Chernobyl was excellent. Also just finished watching The Terror, as I loved the book it was based on. Coincidentally, both star Jared Harris, whom I learned after is one of the sons of Richard Harris.

I really enjoyed The Terror even if the last episodes weren’t as strong as the first.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kent Guitar said:

I would have had Dr Who near the top, particularly the Russell T Davies years.

What about

X Files

Hamish MacBeth

Ballykissangel

Goodnight Sweetheart

Wacky Races

Batfink!

or dare I say

Heres Humphrey @Humphrey B Bear

HR Pufnstuf 

Wallace & Gromit

The Goodies

Seachange (a local fave)

Do these reviewers live in a cave?

omg i loved the x files from the very first episode 

obsessively so

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

Another one that is on the and that I can’t recommend enough is Inside No 9. 

Oh yes, that's appointment TV for me too.  As is Black Mirror.  But as they are true anthology shows, there are some episodes I like less than others.

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Hold on, it's a series isn't it? Different stories? Well, the story that I watched was just dire.

Yes, it is.  Some are brilliant, some are unremarkable and therefore disappointing compared to the best ones.  A couple of them I just may not have 'got'.  :unsure:  Which one did you watch?

14 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Yes, it is.  Some are brilliant, some are unremarkable and therefore disappointing compared to the best ones.  A couple of them I just may not have 'got'.  :unsure:  Which one did you watch?

Two fellas who played video games against each other then ended up inside the video game.  In some fashion.  Sort of.  I can't even go on, it was such rubbish :lol:

Just now, janeymarywendy said:

Two fellas who played video games against each other then ended up inside the video game.  In some fashion.  Sort of.  I can't even go on, it was such rubbish :lol:

Ah yes, that one was weak.  

San Junipero, White Bear and Shut Up And Dance are three that spring to mind that kept me gripped from start to finish.  Probably my least favourite was the Waldo one, and there was one about soldiers that I didn't enjoy much.

32 minutes ago, Rizla said:

San Junipero, White Bear and Shut Up And Dance are three that spring to mind that kept me gripped from start to finish.  Probably my least favourite was the Waldo one, and there was one about soldiers that I didn't enjoy much.

White Bear was the first one I ever saw. I just stumbled upon it on TV when no one hadn’t ever heard of Black Mirror and I didn’t know what I was watching but I was absolutely glued to the TV screen. 

• Like 1