Sign in to follow this  
hammersmith75

London general release screening Western Stars Oct 28th 2019

Recommended Posts

The Prince Charles Cinema, just off Leicester Square, have confirmed two showings of Western Stars at 1545 and 1815 respectively on Monday October 28th 2019, general admission tickets now on sale.

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=13907147&utm_source=email20sepWESTERNSTARS&utm_medium=email

 

  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hammersmith75 said:

The Prince Charles Cinema, just off Leicester Square, have confirmed two showings of Western Stars at 1545 and 1815 respectively on Monday October 28th 2019, general admission tickets now on sale.

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=13907147&utm_source=email20sepWESTERNSTARS&utm_medium=email

 

will there be a GA line and a lottery ??? :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AMIW said:

will there be a GA line and a lottery ??? :D

What times are the roll calls for the front row Seats B)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope we get a few screenings across the UK in the major cities when it is released.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Marnix said:

What times are the roll calls for the front row Seats B)

Well the Italians and Belgians will be in line the night before.. so I would guess roll calls every hour from about 3am

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Really hope we get a few screenings across the UK in the major cities when it is released.

 

and sunny Morpeth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmw said:

The Monday after the lunch. :(

 

:( ?

but you can shear all your anticipation and excitment with each other like (i say this with respect) a bunch of over excitted teenypoppers (but with adult beverages) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

only 2 screenings :(

Daisey, personally I struggle to see Western Stars getting anything like a full general release in the UK. The Prince Charles in London is a great cinema for film buffs as it specialises in single showings/short runs of both recent release and classic movies and leaves long run current releases to the big chain cinemas. For instance, when Blinded By The Light was on general release recently it didn’t show at The Prince Charles but now that BBTL has disappeared from general release it’s got a one off single showing on Monday next (Sept 23rd) to coincide with Bruce’s 70th birthday. Another example was The Netflix “only” Rolling Thunder Revue film directed by Martin Scorsese which had a number of showings at The Prince Charles, the only cinematic release of that film in the UK as far as I’m aware.  I suspect Western Stars, if it makes it to the big chain cinemas, will only get very limited showings so if UK fans want to see it they’ll have to grab the opportunity when it arises, repeat showings will very much depend on initial audience demand.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hammersmith75 said:

Daisey, personally I struggle to see Western Stars getting anything like a full general release in the UK. The Prince Charles in London is a great cinema for film buffs as it specialises in single showings/short runs of both recent release and classic movies and leaves long run current releases to the big chain cinemas. For instance, when Blinded By The Light was on general release recently it didn’t show at The Prince Charles but now that BBTL has disappeared from general release it’s got a one off single showing on Monday next (Sept 23rd) to coincide with Bruce’s 70th birthday. Another example was The Netflix “only” Rolling Thunder Revue film directed by Martin Scorsese which had a number of showings at The Prince Charles, the only cinematic release of that film in the UK as far as I’m aware.  I suspect Western Stars, if it makes it to the big chain cinemas, will only get very limited showings so if UK fans want to see it they’ll have to grab the opportunity when it arises, repeat showings will very much depend on initial audience demand.

oh dear 

and who said yesterday this was starting to look like an "exclusive type " release ??!!??

this is not going to bode well for me in heartland provincal NZ

 even when i lived in walking distance to the big multiplex at Porirua it never screened arty type movies 

i find this sad as when i first read about this new movie i was so excitted because i saw it as the antidote to the verified fan fiasco of SOB, a wounderful project it itself, but completly out of the reach of so many genuine fans

i had hoped - obviously nievley, that this would screen in all the places where our board members live that Bruce has not visited 

i thought from reading about the American distribution of BBTL that the Western stars movie was going to be bigger 

i mean this is a beaitiful big cinematic production, no money spaired

i don't want to wait a year for Netflex or maybe hopefully eventually a dvd

 

 

 

downloadfile-135.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

thought from reading about the American distribution of BBTL that the Western stars movie was going to be bigger 

I never thought that.   BBTL stayed in the theater in my town for 3 weeks.  Movies usually stay there for one, maybe 2 weeks for something really popular.  3 weeks is very rare.  

With the BBTL movie there was a story.  Of course for most Bruce fans, his music being in it was reason enough to go.  

But as long as you don’t hate Bruce, if this type of story interests you, you might go just for the story.  I actually know a few people who are ‘casual fans’ at best, who were excited to tell me they loved the movie.  But no way are they interested in seeing WS. 

I don’t think anyone except Bruce fans will be interested enough to check it out.  That’s what I meant when I said it’s a very niche type film.  

Maybe it’ll get more showings than we’re seeing now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not the case.  

Which is for sure really unfortunate and frustrating if you want to see it on the big screen and it’s not available.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i saw the ziggy stardust movie at the pictures with my friends in the days before multipleax

but it was made in 1973 and we only saw it in 1983

im not going to have to wait 10 years for western stars i hope ! 

of course i have no idea if Ziggy made it to Dunedin actually in 1973 but movies used to take ages from when we saw them advertized on tv and sometimes if they didnt do well up north they just never made it at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seeing anything in the cinema holds no interest for me at all, and i certainly aint spending a huge fortune to see an exclusive showing 200 miles away,  by love of bruces music will never fade but my respect is diminishing by the day

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I never thought that.   BBTL stayed in the theater in my town for 3 weeks.  Movies usually stay there for one, maybe 2 weeks for something really popular.  3 weeks is very rare.  

With the BBTL movie there was a story.  Of course for most Bruce fans, his music being in it was reason enough to go.  

But as long as you don’t hate Bruce, if this type of story interests you, you might go just for the story.  I actually know a few people who are ‘casual fans’ at best, who were excited to tell me they loved the movie.  But no way are they interested in seeing WS. 

I don’t think anyone except Bruce fans will be interested enough to check it out.  That’s what I meant when I said it’s a very niche type film.  

Maybe it’ll get more showings than we’re seeing now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s not the case.  

Which is for sure really unfortunate and frustrating if you want to see it on the big screen and it’s not available.  

You're absolutely right.  BBTL was a film in the same vein as 'Bend It Like Beckham' which was a hit for the same director.  People who enjoyed that story will have gone to see BBTL.

Western Stars on the other hand is niche, as you say.  It's not a film with a story, it's not even a biopic.  I've never expected it to have more than very limited showings.  Not "exclusive" showings, but few.  We may have to go a bit out of our way to see it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

seeing anything in the cinema holds no interest for me at all, and i certainly aint spending a huge fortune to see an exclusive showing 200 miles away,  by love of bruces music will never fade but my respect is diminishing by the day

I don't see any reason to lose respect over this.  It's a film that will be of interest to a very small number of people, so it's not going to have multiple showings for a week in the main cinemas.  More likely just a day, possibly (but not necessarily) independent and arthouse cinemas.  We will just have to seek it out.

Not that long ago there was a documentary film about Grace Jones called 'Bloodlight and Bami'.  Grace pushed this on her facebook and twitter, so I know it was shown in my nearest Vues, but only a single screening in each.  (It did eventually turn up on TV.)  I expect Western Stars to be a similar case.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rizla said:

I don't see any reason to lose respect over this.  It's a film that will be of interest to a very small number of people, so it's not going to have multiple showings for a week in the main cinemas.  More likely just a day, possibly (but not necessarily) independent and arthouse cinemas.  We will just have to seek it out.

Not that long ago there was a documentary film about Grace Jones called 'Bloodlight and Bami'.  Grace pushed this on her facebook and twitter, so I know it was shown in my nearest Vues, but only a single screening in each.  (It did eventually turn up on TV.)  I expect Western Stars to be a similar case.

Agree 100%.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it shouldn't be seen as "exclusive".  It's just a matter of demand.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Yes, it shouldn't be seen as "exclusive".  It's just a matter of demand.

Exactly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing my luck the exclusive screening in Scotland will be a one off showing in Inverness or somewhere like that !

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Knowing my luck the exclusive screening in Scotland will be a one off showing in Inverness or somewhere like that !

I hope not!!!  If you are someone who wishes to go, I hope it’s within reasonable driving distance! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Knowing my luck the exclusive screening in Scotland will be a one off showing in Inverness or somewhere like that !

Is there an equivalent of fathomevents in blighty. You think they would be advertising it or showing trailers by now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

seeing anything in the cinema holds no interest for me at all, and i certainly aint spending a huge fortune to see an exclusive showing 200 miles away,  by love of bruces music will never fade but my respect is diminishing by the day

Having seen it, I can say I’d far rather see it on a big screen in a theatre than at home on my TV.  Sweeping scenery, big music - it calls out for a big screen.  

  • Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Looks as if we are going to have to seek it out. I might go to the Prince Charles theatre in London as it sounds like an interesting venue.

It is!

check out a recent review

Time Out says

The legendary Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square is central London’s wild-card cinema. Its two screens offer a fantastic blend of new-ish blockbusters, independent and arthouse titles with horror, sci-fi and teen-flick all-nighters, double bills and short seasons. The basic premise of the cinema is, ‘If they can screen it, they will’. Akira Kurosawa seasons run alongside strands celebrating the performances of Greta Gerwig and Richard Pryor; epic 70mm presentations of ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ run take place in one screen while people aca-alonged to ‘Pitch Perfect’ in the other, and if you’ve ever fancied watching every ‘Harry Potter’ films back-to-back in one 22-hour sitting, yep, they do that too.

It’s comfy, cheap and very cheerful, and the programming is as good as it gets. Voted 'best for fun' in Time Out's cinema awards, it’s also Quentin Tarantino and Paul Thomas Anderson’s favourite UK cinema.

In my time going there I’ve seen films as diverse as Dr Strangelove from 60’s, a double bill of both Bladerunner movies back to back and a sing-a-long night of Bruce promo videos. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this