Silvia

Happy Birthday, Bruce!

Gary treated us to pizza* tonight for birthday tea

a nice zingy pepperoni and for me a side of corn nuggets 

i found a bud in the back of the fridge to toast the birthday boy 

and we have doughnuts for pudding 

not my photos, pizza actually better than pix

*@Jimmy James its ok, no pinnapple

A-pile-on-worth-being-at-the-bottom-of.-@pizza-@budweiser-our-kind-of-Superbowl.-ActLikeIt-EEEEEATS-.jpg

C752ztgVMAEo5IZ.jpg

• Like 3

Happy Birthday Bruce

Quite simply the best. For the last 35 years I've been riding your train, not really knowing the destination, but content to let you take me there, wherever it was. 

Your songs have taught me a lot about, life, family and work but mainly they have been a companion reminding me that when the shitty stuff happens, I can be strong and cope. 

Hope to see you down the road soon (Newcastle please!!!). 

• Like 7
  • Bruuuuce! 1

For so many of us you are a good friend, teacher, wannabe soulmate, and a truly inspiring presence throughout our lives. Thank you for your music and see you further on up the road!  Happy 70th Birthday!  

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Happy birthday mate,

Raising a glass for your big milestone tonight. Only the good stuff of course - you've earned it.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Bruce is now trending at no.18 in the uk on Twitter... There’s so many nice messages wishing him happy birthday. I wish he could see them

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lampi said:

Seems in 1978 Bruce liked blondes more than redheads.

You're assuming the curtains matched the carpet... :D

• Haha 2

10. Incident

9. DITD

8. If I Should Fall Behind

7. Badlands

6. Glory Days

5. Thunder Road

4. I'm on Fire

3. Born to Run

2. Tougher Than the Rest

1. The River

RTE Gold listeners have voted The River as their favourite Bruce track!

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Happy birthday, Brucie boy.  I feel inadequate to call myself a true fan when compared to some of the nutters  die hards on here :D I haven't been with you from the beginning (DITD girl, me), I don't have any interest in the archive series, haven't been to AP (yet), I don't know when your childrens'/Patti's birthdays are (yeah, I could Google, I suppose), I didn't go out of my way to go to Broadway (but happy for my pals who did, and they know it).  Hell, I haven't even seen Blinded By The Light :lol:. But we've had a blast so far, eh? Some of the best days/nights of my life have been spent at your shows (once again, I'm waaaay down the list in the amount of times I've seen you).  There's something about you ... even mr jmw knows that. Thanks for Western Stars too :wub:

Anyway, I wanted to make it a bit special, this day of yours, by quoting some songwords that came into my head this morning.  They are as much about Greasy Lake as they are about you.  Do I love the Lake more? Crikey, there's a question! And have you (and you Lakers out there) read Karsten's story on the front page today? He deserves the front page.  Without him we wouldn't ... well, you know the rest, Bruce.

"I close my eyes and feel so many friends around me in the early evening light.  And the miles we have come and the battles won and lost are just so many roads travelled, so many rivers crossed.  And I ask God for the strength and faith in one another, cos it's a good night for a ride, 'cross this river to the other side, my blood brothers".

Thank you for highlighting Karsten's message - I would have missed it!

• Like 5

70 years old - wow! - having a little wry smile today about the hamming it up at the No Nukes concert "I can't go on like this...….I'm 30 years old......my heart can't take it!" (or words to that effect) and then back at Wembley Stadium 1985 (when I could count my Bruce gigs on one hand still) hamming it up during the intro to Glory Days "now Roy - he turned 36 day before yesterday - that's it man, he's gone, he's finished, over the hill...…...I'm just 35 I still have a little time left" (again - or words to that effect)……….35...…..half his life ago today...…..and therefore more than half my life ago (and had been on this train for 7 years by that point anyway!, and therefore have been for 2/3 of my life!)……...still loving the ride, what a joy/gift and hoping we ain't pulling in to the station at the end of the line any time soon yet!!? HAPPY 70th BRUCE - thanks for everything!   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eileen said:

Woke up this morning to see the kittens staring at me … Cyndi was nibbling my hand, Bruce was purring for England. Turned the radio on and BRUCE WAS SINGING BORN TO RUN!!!  What a wakening!

Happy Birthday, Bruce. Love you to the end of time … and back.

Was in the car yesterday with the family (people talking) with Johnnie Walker on and about to play his obligatory Bruce song and reading out several requests etc and although I didn't hear fully/properly I did hear something like "say a big hello to any Greasy Lakers" and my daughter from the back was saying "that's you Dad" and then I heard the phrase "Sunny Morpeth" and I replied to my daughter "I know who that person is!"   Cheers! ha!  

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

6 hours ago, Eileen said:

Woke up this morning to see the kittens staring at me … Cyndi was nibbling my hand, Bruce was purring for England. Turned the radio on and BRUCE WAS SINGING BORN TO RUN!!!  What a wakening!

Happy Birthday, Bruce. Love you to the end of time … and back.

Was in the car yesterday with the family (people talking) with Johnnie Walker on and about to play his obligatory Bruce song and reading out several requests etc and although I didn't hear fully/properly I did hear something like "say a big hello to any Greasy Lakers" and my daughter from the back was saying "that's you Dad" and then I heard the phrase "Sunny Morpeth" and I replied to my daughter "I know who that person is!"   Cheers! ha!