Greasy Lake Community

UK General release of Western Stars movie

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Do you have an Odeon near you, if you go onto the Odeon site it list all the Cinema showing the film.

I want to know if any other cinemas are showing it.
Neither of the Oxford Odeons is currently listing it, which makes me wonder if another Oxford cinema will get it.

The Vue by Oxford FC* does have it listed on its site, but no date or time as yet.  But there are at least 3 other cinemas that I can think of, so I haven't given up. 

* All the Vues seem to mention it, so they may be showing it at some point.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woop woop. Cineworld in Aberdeen is showing it...Dragging the current Mrs Elbow along. Had to tell her it was in 3D to get her to go with me.  If any fellow Lakers are going and want to say hello

SHOWING IN MY HOME TOWN!!!!

Terry Wogan used to say it I think. I say current Mrs E, because if she asks me one more time if Born in The USA is in the movie....makes a nice change from me being the one on a shoogly peg though. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Do you have an Odeon near you, if you go onto the Odeon site it list all the Cinema showing the film.

Nah,Vue only.here.

Well, there's a cinema in my local theatre.

I wondered  if any smaller aces were getting it or just the Odeon.

29 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Ooh, let us know what Picture House says, as there's one of those in Oxford.

Picture House don't have it scheduled either. They said this doesn't necessarily mean it won't be on! Not really that helpful.

Realised we will be staying with friends in Sussex, so have booked to see it in Brighton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Nah,Vue only.here.

Well, there's a cinema in my local theatre.

I wondered  if any smaller aces were getting it or just the Odeon.

I hope so, amazed that it is showing in my home town.

Right!  Showcase Cinema Reading has it, and is taking bookings. 
So it's not an Odeon exclusive.  Which is the main thing, as I'm not paying £17 ! :blink: also it's not actually in Reading.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Right!  Showcase Cinema Reading has it, and is taking bookings. 
So it's not an Odeon exclusive.  Which is the main thing, as I'm not paying £17 ! :blink: also it's not actually in Reading.

I've paid £17 for the Leicester Square screening. Probably because they'll have the red carpet out for me. Bruce will be too overwhelmed to attend after meeting Rachel the night before ^_^

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

I've paid £17 for the Leicester Square screening. Probably because they'll have the red carpet out for me. Bruce will be too overwhelmed to attend after meeting Rachel the night before ^_^

But it's in That London, isn't it?  And special screenings before general release. 
Showcase Reading is in a godforsaken no-mans-land known as "the Winnersh Triangle" halfway between Reading and Wokingham. 

Just been surfing about looking for Uk  Western Star performances  as you do and an event has come up at My local VUE Cinema in Cramlington!!! :D

It is the same day and performance time Monday 28th October 19.30 as the  ODEON Cinemas.

Soooo  get searching peeps if you have a Vue near you.  Gives another option to Odeon!

• Bruuuuce! 1
2 minutes ago, 11thMay1981 said:

Just been surfing about looking for Uk  Western Star performances  as you do and an event has come up at My local VUE Cinema in Cramlington!!! :D

It is the same day and performance time Monday 28th October 19.30 as the  ODEON Cinemas.

Soooo  get searching peeps if you have a Vue near you.  Gives another option to Odeon!

I KNEW something would crop up nearer home - but the Metrocentre is actually easier for me to get home from.

You're from Cramlington?

4 minutes ago, Rizla said:

But it's in That London, isn't it?  And special screenings before general release. 
Showcase Reading is in a godforsaken no-mans-land known as "the Winnersh Triangle" halfway between Reading and Wokingham. 

Special screening, yes. I'm feeling sooo superior to you lot, but not as superior as Rachel is feeling (even though she doesn't know she's feeling superior as she's otherwise engaged at the moment :D).

From a C-lister. x

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Following this with interest. New Curzon in Oxford doesn't mention it either. Phoenix up Walton Street does a more interesting mix of less 'mainstream' movies so might drop them an email. You're right about Winnersh Triangle.

14 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Following this with interest. New Curzon in Oxford doesn't mention it either. Phoenix up Walton Street does a more interesting mix of less 'mainstream' movies so might drop them an email. You're right about Winnersh Triangle.

Yes, I saw 'Control' at the Phoenix which was the only local option. Although I think that was on for more than one day.
Somewhere in Oxford will show Western Stars, surely?  Odd that neither of the Odeons are listing it. 

3 hours ago, Rizla said:

The winnersh triangle is where all the posh people live... had to pass security checks when I tried to enter from lower earley

I'm going on tour on sunday, november the 17th!
First solo in my hometown Almere (Kinopolis) in the afternoon, and later in the evening in Rotterdam (Pathé) with some family.

I was the third to book in Almere, in Rotterdam most of the good seats were already taken.

• Like 2
On 9/26/2019 at 8:48 PM, Walker in the sun said:

Now Reading Vue added to showings, but still can't see anything for Oxford.  That'd do for me, but I would prefer Oxford so I'll hang on a bit longer.

On 9/25/2019 at 1:07 PM, red headed woman said:

Its not on in Sheffield which is my closest one but is showing in Newark which is 30 miles away. It makes no sense to show it in a small market town but not a big city!!!

It’s now appeared on the Sheffield Odeon Luxe listings. Just booked the first two tickets :D

i contacted Odeon last week and was told they update their listings on a Tuesday. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, LongTallSally said:

It’s now appeared on the Sheffield Odeon Luxe listings. Just booked the first two tickets :D

i contacted Odeon last week and was told they update their listings on a Tuesday. 

Really annoyed now as its just appeared at the Savoy in Worksop which is 5 mins from the village where I live!! So I'm going to Newark as the tickets are non refundable :angry:

• Sad 3