Geordie 99

UK General release of Western Stars movie

2 hours ago, red headed woman said:

Really annoyed now as its just appeared at the Savoy in Worksop which is 5 mins from the village where I live!! So I'm going to Newark as the tickets are non refundable :angry:

well its still awsome you live in NJ where you get to see everything :)

im sure it will be worth the drive

imangine if you had waited and it wasn't showing local or it was all sold out before you got your ticket

but i understand your frustration all the same

Daisey she means Newark in blighty not the one in yankeeland

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Daisey she means Newark in blighty not the one in yankeeland

Yes I'm in the UK Daisy :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red headed woman said:

I was wondering if there was a Worksop on the Eastern Seaboard.

Two Odeon cinemas in Edinburgh showing it on 28th.

Hoping to get down to see it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Cineworld showing it down our way as well as Odeon.

The nearest cinema to me is actually a Cineworld, but wouldn'tya just know it, ours isn't listed for WS.  :(

Woop woop. Cineworld in Aberdeen is showing it...Dragging the current Mrs Elbow along. Had to tell her it was in 3D to get her to go with me. 

If any fellow Lakers are going and want to say hello,  we will be the ones wearing cardboard glasses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

40 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Woop woop. Cineworld in Aberdeen is showing it...Dragging the current Mrs Elbow along. Had to tell her it was in 3D to get her to go with me. 

If any fellow Lakers are going and want to say hello,  we will be the ones wearing cardboard glasses.

The current Mrs Elbow? How many are there? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

The current Mrs Elbow? How many are there? 

I'm reminded of the time I went to see Will T Massey at the Riverside, Toon. We were sitting upstairs having something to eat and Will and pals were on the next table.  He said something about his 'current' wife and I thought 'How rude?'. :) However, I've heard it a lot since then (as above) and realise it's meant as a joke. Hey … same with Gene Pitney - he referred to his wife as the 'current' one.

You blokes have an iffy sense of humour. ;)

btw, I wasn't sitting at the next table to Gene Pitney … although I did see him in concert in (shhh, whisper) Sunderland.

• Haha 2

I once knew a bloke who used to introduce his Mrs as "This is Brenda, my first wife".  He would follow that up with "Keeps her on her toes".
They had been married about 40 years. :lol:

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, red headed woman said:

:( oh ;)

im sure its still nice :lol:

and you get to see Norton before the rest of us 

i didn't know there was another one 

you were definatly right to get those first tickets you saw

enjoy :lol:

In the UK is it only being shown once in each cinema on the Monday.Was hoping for an afternoon showing in London.I guess its a bit niche.How quickly will it come to dvd i suppose before xmas would be nice if it was bundled with some outtakes and maybe put in a box 

14 hours ago, red headed woman said:

ive been thinking about you all day

i thought you must live around the corner from the old Weinburg homestead :(

i did google Newark UK and it does look real pretty :) (on Trent ? i never knew Trent was  a river ...mind you the cricket ground is Trent Bridge so i must just be thick:lol:)

im sure it's a nice place to live too

10 hours ago, Eileen said:

I'm reminded of the time I went to see Will T Massey at the Riverside, Toon. We were sitting upstairs having something to eat and Will and pals were on the next table.  He said something about his 'current' wife and I thought 'How rude?'. :) However, I've heard it a lot since then (as above) and realise it's meant as a joke. Hey … same with Gene Pitney - he referred to his wife as the 'current' one.

You blokes have an iffy sense of humour. ;)

btw, I wasn't sitting at the next table to Gene Pitney … although I did see him in concert in (shhh, whisper) Sunderland.

Terry Wogan used to say it I think. I say current Mrs E, because if she asks me one more time if Born in The USA is in the movie....makes a nice change from me being the one on a shoogly peg though. 

• Haha 4

It’s showing at the Filmhouse in Northampton.

Got 2 tickets but there are plenty of the 88 seats left.

Lovely little cinema, so Northants Lakers give it a go!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elbow said:

Terry Wogan used to say it I think. I say current Mrs E, because if she asks me one more time if Born in The USA is in the movie....makes a nice change from me being the one on a shoogly peg though. 

An old friend of mine used to refer to his wife as 'her that shares a pillow with me.'

• Like 1

Odeon Dunfermline is showing.

Went to see Springsteen and I there in 2013 the day after I got back from Belfast Wrecking Ball, and it was amazing to see the HRC section on the big screen after the film. Well worth the cinema admission cost (although popcorn and soda hideously overpriced).

7 minutes ago, Fifer said:

Went to see Springsteen and I there in 2013 the day after I got back from Belfast Wrecking Ball, and it was amazing to see the HRC section on the big screen after the film. Well worth the cinema admission cost (although popcorn and soda hideously overpriced).

Taks a lang spoon tae sup we a Fifer! Especially at the pictures. 

16 minutes ago, Fifer said:

Springsteen And I.  There's ninety minutes of my life I never got back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Eileen said:

I'm reminded of the time I went to see Will T Massey at the Riverside, Toon. We were sitting upstairs having something to eat and Will and pals were on the next table.  He said something about his 'current' wife and I thought 'How rude?'. :) However, I've heard it a lot since then (as above) and realise it's meant as a joke. Hey …

I once saw him supporting Steve Earle, someone for whom the concept of "current" wife takes on whole new dimensions.

Showing at the Empire, Swindon. As Oxford seems to be a Western Stars free-zone as far as we can tell, we’ll be heading west on the 28th. Tickets bought. So far looks like we might be on our own!

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I once saw him supporting Steve Earle, someone for whom the concept of "current" wife takes on whole new dimensions.

To paraphrase Tom Waits, he's got rice marks all over his face.