Greasy Lake Community

Bruce on Graham Norton, BBC 1 Oct 11 2019.

I was nervous (!) but he was great. I thought that De Niro relaxed a lot when Bruce came on, he had avoided physical contact with Sienna Miller (Bruce gave her a little hug/kiss). I love Graham Norton (and knew he obviously would not be a Bruce expert, Madonna is more his thing) but he did well and was suitably awestruck. The film clip looked very very good.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Norton knows it well.."there's stars and there's legends"...Norton does his best to make them at ease. He's done this with Deniro over the last couple of seasons. Chat shows are not exactly  Bruce or Bob's thing. Norton was clearly in awe of Bruce and knew he was in the presence of greatness, what a coup for Norton. Enjoyed it.

Screenshot_20191012-003251_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-003516_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-003743_Instagram.jpg

IMG_20191012_004339.jpg

IMG_20191012_004331.jpg

• Like 7
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Don't usually watch the show, but have to admit that was great TV. DE Niro had a film to plug and Bruce just came and blew the whole thing away.

Just one thought though..

The Western Stars film clip??

Was the spoken audio taken from the audio book of 'Born to Run' the Book???

It sounded so much like it, although I would have to dig through so many hours of audiobook or written words to check - just wondered if anyone had the same thought?

14 minutes ago, seadogscarb said:

Was the spoken audio taken from the audio book of 'Born to Run' the Book???

It sounded so much like it, although I would have to dig through so many hours of audiobook or written words to check - just wondered if anyone had the same thought?

All new spoken audio for the WS film

• Like 2

I enjoyed it. Never watched Graham Norton before and thought I would just fast forward to Bruce, but I enjoyed the whole show. Thought Bruce looked relaxed and did fine! 

The clip from the film looked fantastic - cannot  wait!

• Like 5

All in all, it was mostly about Bruce & Bobby, although Bob looked detached and far away at times (got a bit more animated when mentioning the Prez) :lol: Not much attention paid to Sienna and Paul in my opinion.  I thought James Blunt was very funny (quite liked that song too).

We're going to see the film this morning in Leicester Square.  Can't wait!

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, MacBruce said:

Graceland story trotted out again !

To be fair, that's a story us diehards are familiar with but on a pop culture talk show like this where viewers may not know the anecdote its perfect.

(Mind you, I haven't seen the clip...on tv here Sunday night and holding off till then)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

All in all, it was mostly about Bruce & Bobby, although Bob looked detached and far away at times (got a bit more animated when mentioning the Prez) :lol: Not much attention paid to Sienna and Paul in my opinion.  I thought James Blunt was very funny (quite liked that song too).

We're going to see the film this morning in Leicester Square.  Can't wait!

See you there

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

For once, I was wide awake so was able to watch it. By heck, it was very good but the best bit, for me, was seeing clips from WS. I must admit I was just going to see it cos it was Bruce - now I can't wait to see it cos it's Bruce … and looks wonderful. I'd best take my hankies with me.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

I feel compelled to retract an earlier email expressing my anxiety about the appearance.  Bruce sailed through and got treated with due respect by Graham Norton.  James Blunt was enthusiastically self-deprecatory talking of his surfing misadventures.  Bruce eventually smiled.  Talk of very different artistic worlds colliding. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

4 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I enjoyed it. Never watched Graham Norton before and thought I would just fast forward to Bruce, but I enjoyed the whole show. Thought Bruce looked relaxed and did fine! 

The clip from the film looked fantastic - cannot  wait!

You should watch it more frequently Anne! - has been the best talk show on (our) TV for years!

Obviously it's not Parkinson (for those old enough to remember that, in the BBC years) - but - whilst often more light hearted etc what GN does have that Parkinson was so good at is letting the "guests" talk (once they start to maybe open up) and knowing when to shut up (unlike Jonathon Ross and others) ie it's not all about "him" (which I'm afraid is the case with Ross and unfortunately most US talk show hosts!...…….it's like "they" are the entertainment).

Graham Norton is much more humble and yet can be very funny when called upon to be so. Like all talk shows some episodes are better than others (ie. who is "on"?) - but - overall the standard is pretty high and there have been some terrific moments over the years - it can be a bit "too" silly at times but again that will be as a result of the mix of guests that evening...……..it looked to me like Bruce would come back / do it again!!?, and rightly so / why not!?    

• Like 4