Greasy Lake Community

Bruce on Graham Norton, BBC 1 Oct 11 2019.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amen!!

He mentioned recording in November and touring next year. Didn’t make the cut.

I was at the recording, Bruce didn’t disappoint, he came on about half way through. James Blunt was very funny !  

Posted Images

I used to watch Graham Norton back in the days he was on C4 most week nights. I used to think his opening monologue section was generally funny but the show kind of sunk once the guests came on. Just watch last night's episode and I see little has changed. Last night's interviews were all fairly meh. Springsteen's included.

Can Robert De Niro smile? 

Chat shows based on celebrities are generally boring. Most of these people aren't that interesting outside of their day jobs. Best by far these days is the great Bill Maher over in the USA but his show is firmly based on current politics so you get conversation with a bit more meat on it. 

'Interstitial' must be a new buzz word.   Muse used it to describe the short instrumentals between songs on their last tour.  I had to look it up then. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Frank03 said:

Norton knows it well.."there's stars and there's legends"...Norton does his best to make them at ease. He's done this with Deniro over the last couple of seasons. Chat shows are not exactly  Bruce or Bob's thing. Norton was clearly in awe of Bruce and knew he was in the presence of greatness, what a coup for Norton. Enjoyed it.

Screenshot_20191012-003251_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-003516_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20191012-003743_Instagram.jpg

IMG_20191012_004339.jpg

IMG_20191012_004331.jpg

When you see him smile, you just have to smile back.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
4 hours ago, Frank03 said:

https://youtu.be/vd0hn2gYhwM

Full show. Bruce part starts at 23 mins.

thank you for the link

im not sure wheather to watch it or wait till its on tv on Friday

i guess ill watch it in the morning over breakfast :lol:

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, jmw said:

Did he?

I turned it on when I went upstairs and the woman who helps with the letters was on about Robert not knowing if he'd been in the barn or not. He probably mentioned it more than that but I'd have to have a listen on the iplayer thingy so don't think I'll get round to it.

• Like 1
Just now, Eileen said:

I turned it on when I went upstairs and the woman who helps with the letters was on about Robert not knowing if he'd been in the barn or not. He probably mentioned it more than that but I'd have to have a listen on the iplayer thingy so don't think I'll get round to it.

Maybe Bruce has so many barns that he couldn't remember whether he'd been in that particular barn.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Maybe Bruce has so many barns that he couldn't remember whether he'd been in that particular barn.

He must think Bruce's house looks like a barn. Bruce'll have to get the duster out and vacuum.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, BruceWho said:

You should watch it more frequently Anne! - has been the best talk show on (our) TV for years!

Obviously it's not Parkinson (for those old enough to remember that, in the BBC years) - but - whilst often more light hearted etc what GN does have that Parkinson was so good at is letting the "guests" talk (once they start to maybe open up) and knowing when to shut up (unlike Jonathon Ross and others) ie it's not all about "him" (which I'm afraid is the case with Ross and unfortunately most US talk show hosts!...…….it's like "they" are the entertainment).

Graham Norton is much more humble and yet can be very funny when called upon to be so. Like all talk shows some episodes are better than others (ie. who is "on"?) - but - overall the standard is pretty high and there have been some terrific moments over the years - it can be a bit "too" silly at times but again that will be as a result of the mix of guests that evening...……..it looked to me like Bruce would come back / do it again!!?, and rightly so / why not!?    

I might check out who the guests are and watch again, but the guests mentioned next week (I can't remember who they were) will not make me tune in.

2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I might check out who the guests are and watch again, but the guests mentioned next week (I can't remember who they were) will not make me tune in.

Hear what you are saying Anne and there are several times (even though I record it on series link) that I don't end up watching it for that very reason - but - there have equally been some of those whereby they have turned out to be very enjoyable or the banter/humour has carried the show and made it entertaining! I'm sure there have been many past episodes (over several series now) that you would have enjoyed and there are regulars who keep coming back (like Tom Hanks) who are always good value. I recall one episode with Kevin Costner (he was the guest that came on half way thru' like Bruce did last night) that was like a throwback to the old days of Parkinson as he had everyone on the sofa and GN enthralled / captivated (and the audience) - there have been many like that along the way!

Was about to hit submit and thought I'd look on youtube - here is one of his stories - can't believe that was 3.5 years ago, Jeez!!!, the world / time needs to slow down!!!

8 hours ago, Elbow said:

Learned a new word from Brucie last night too. Interstitial.

I tried to find my way out to somewhere where I thought it'd be safe
They stopped me at the roadblock they put up on the interstitial
They put me in detention but I broke loose and then I ran

• Like 1

I’d never seen Graham Norton before but I really enjoyed last nights show. I thought DeNiro was excellent and I’m really looking forward to seeing The Irishman. Bruce was great as always, (I did think he’d aged but haven’t we all!).

I though the Western Stars trailer was beautiful.

I thought interstitial was a pretty common well known word...

I liked Bruce in this. More than I did when he went on Colbert or that insufferable Fallon. I think if Bruce wanted to play, he would have played. I was hoping that eventually we’d get a solo version of Midnight Motel but I guess I’ll have to keep waiting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BruceWho said:

I recall one episode with Kevin Costner (he was the guest that came on half way thru' like Bruce did last night) that was like a throwback to the old days of Parkinson as he had everyone on the sofa and GN enthralled / captivated (and the audience) - there have been many like that along the way!

Although I'm not sure I've seen him in anything in the past 15 years, I always liked Kevin Coster—despite being remarkably wooden as an actual, he's also strangely likable and engaging. But he's also clearly one hell of a storyteller. If you've never seen his tribute to Whitney Houston, it's well worth your 20 minutes

• Like 1
6 hours ago, whispered secret said:

the main reason i don't watch it is that there is always something better on the other channel i want to watch more and then i forget about watching it on demand 

i usually never know more than one or two some times no guests

but its so entertaining it doesn't matter 

i realized i think since i stopped watching it is why i don't go to the movies much any more

• Like 1