Greasy Lake Community

Bruce on Graham Norton, BBC 1 Oct 11 2019.

7 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

At the risk of you lot disagreeing with me, I will just say that the red chair thing right at the end was horrible and I'm not a snob.  I wondered where the joke was going. I only hung on to hear GN announce Bruce's name for next week (how sad am I?).  Whether it was a set up, or the bloke was lying, I don't know.  I just didn't find it funny.  Graham should've pulled the lever ... but of course, he had to be inclusive!

The rest of the show was really good.

As rosiejaneymary says, don't @ me! :lol:

i hope Bruce gets to pull the lever next week !

2 hours ago, jmw said:

I just fast forward it, didn't look like something I would enjoy. I watched the whole program, hopefully Bruce has seen the program, really not sure, oh for the days of Wogan.

it could depend of the quests ?

im kind of surprised you don't like it when i find very little funny but i love this show 

there is really a week when i know all (sometimes none) of the guests but Norton is really good at making them interesting 

ill be disapointed if Bruce doesn't sing but the musical slot is near the end and that person never gets much time on the couch 

mind you Gary hates it - so i don't see it much these days - one has to pick one's battles 

Norton's a decent person hopfully Bruce speaks up and doesn't sound like muttley from the wacky races as in the pass. 

Dont let me down Bruce! as I just texed 20 people to tell them your on and as usual the replies are what I expected as in.. get a life mate - Bruce who? - the bloke with the big nose? - who gives a fuck etc etc 

People can be so hurtful. 

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, catfish said:

Norton's a decent person hopfully Bruce speaks up and doesn't sound like muttley from the wacky races as in the pass. 

Dont let me down Bruce! as I just texed 20 people to tell them your on and as usual the replies are what I expected as in.. get a life mate - Bruce who? - the bloke with the big nose? - who gives a fuck etc etc 

you don't need those people ! 

you have us ! 

21 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

it could depend of the quests ?

im kind of surprised you don't like it when i find very little funny but i love this show 

there is really a week when i know all (sometimes none) of the guests but Norton is really good at making them interesting 

ill be disapointed if Bruce doesn't sing but the musical slot is near the end and that person never gets much time on the couch 

mind you Gary hates it - so i don't see it much these days - one has to pick one's battles 

I am sure someone will post it and you can enjoy it.

• Like 1

I can’t help but be worried about how this interview will go, if Norton is his usual joking, irreverent self, and Bruce, lest we forget, is a serious ‘performer’. That said, our man does have experience of these type of situations having done Fallon and Stewart in the past, both frivolous individuals.

Frankly, all I want out of the interview is a positive answer to “so a new E Street album this Autumn and a full world tour in 2020, Bruce ?”

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 11:25 AM, catfish said:

If these 20 people don't give a flyin' shit about Bruce period is there any need to worry how he comes off on the show?

I do not understand anyone worrying about a grown man giving an interview, he chose to do the show, he's got great company, and he might have a blast.  And if he doesn't, whoopdedoodaday.   No one is responsible for his interview

I hate that red chair incidentally.  

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I do not understand anyone worrying about a grown man giving an interview, he chose to do the show, he's got great company, and he might have a blast.  And if he doesn't, whoopdedoodaday.   No one is responsible for his interview

I've laughed every time I've read this thread and read about him being on the show seeing people go on about what Bruce will talk about and how he'll be acting, how Norton will talk to him, how the audience will react etc. 

It's like the Blinded By The Light One Show thing all over again. Nobody other than Springsteen fans really give a fuck he's on the show, so it doesn't matter. Our opinion of him isn't going to be changed in any way, you might get the odd person who listens to some songs after seeing him on the show, the rest of the watching population will continue to care about him as much as Daisey cares about Paul Rudd. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Bobby D and Bruce together could be fun if they start piling on Trump.  The former sure had lots to say just recently so ya never know.  

If Trump gets brought up I'll be turning it off immediately. 

Looking forward to the days when talk shows (and every thing else for that matter) aren't driven by Donald Trump and Brexit.

Seriously, if everyone just took a fuckin' day off from stressing about the President. 

• Love Love Love! 1

43 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Looking forward to the days when talk shows (and every thing else for that matter) aren't driven by Donald Trump and Brexit.

Seriously, if everyone just took a fuckin' day off from stressing about the President. 

you seem very on point today Mr Paollo

i read an article with an interview with Norton and he said to the effect that he stays away from politics but one can probably guess how he votes 

im happy with that

as for Paul Rudd - hee hee :lol:

i had forgotton all about him so point taken !!

i enjoy Norton because its funny and he has a way of making people ive never heard of interesting

ive never went out and brought music sung on the show but i have been to a few movies that sparked my interest

ive also thought oh that bloke (insert generic Hollywood type or old British Shakespearean actor) seems quite nice

its just nice light entertainment for people who stay home and watch tv instead of going out on Friday night  !

no one is saving the world or finding a cure for cancer

its just rollicking good fun

light entertainment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Immediately turn it off or wait two seconds to see if it's just a quick mention?  Could be a fast joke and then interesting convos.

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The first one

I’d probably suggesting turning on BBC1 about 5 minutes into the programme then as Norton’s mentioned both Trump/Brexit in every monologue since 2016 :D

• Like 1

im really looking forward to how funny i think Bruce will be

you know he likes people, he's friendly and genuine and i love his laugh

i think he'll turn out to be a natural on that couch with the other guests

im hoping he comes out first just so we get maxiumun Boss time 

1 hour ago, jackiow said:

I’d probably suggesting turning on BBC1 about 5 minutes into the programme then as Norton’s mentioned both Trump/Brexit in every monologue since 2016 :D

i havn't seen Norton since President Trump got elected but im sure Norton will be funny

that wee bit at the beginning used to be hillerouse 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

If these 20 people don't give a flyin' shit about Bruce period is there any need to worry how he comes off on the show?

I hate that red chair incidentally.  

I should have put a "wink wink" along side my post to assist readers. 

No- no one is really worrying about his interview just a small light topical chat between tours as this site does 24/7 between set lists to lighten up the place. 

But I still hopes he doesn't sound like muttley. 

• Haha 2