New Bruce Soundtrack Album out October 25th. Wester Stars - Songs From The Film

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rule 1: don't challenge me Rule 2: Refer to rule 1

Well, it's not a film about the making of the album, it's a concert performance. I don't know why so often around here the reasoning given by Bruce for a particular project is ignored in favor of the

‘Western Stars – Songs From The Film’ pulls the audio from the film co-directed by Bruce Springsteen and longtime collaborator Thom Zimny. Springsteen and Ron Aniello produced the soundtrack, and its

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

It called for "a series of 5 complete live concert albums"

The Broadway album could also count I suppose. However, the contract as described in that 2014 document could potentially have been amended further.

Or, the whole thing could have just been unicornology.

:blink:

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

Or, the whole thing could have just been unicornology.

:blink:

as much as refuse to accept this notion may i add that to vocabulary please 

16 hours ago, Irish Ian said:

So, he makes a movie of him recording the album.... then releases an album of him making the movie..

Cha ching...

Yeah, my very first thought was, "well, that's a bit of a cash grab by our boy." And immediately upon that came the thought, "but...I really WANT this." So maybe it's less a cash grab and more a giving the fans what they want? 

I guess what I feel is the same thing I've expressed on here many times: absolutely no matter what this guy does, it'll make a good chunk of his most ardent fans upset. Release too much, accused of greed. Release too little, accused of neglect and sloth. Release a well known show, we've already got it. Release one that's never circulated, I wanted Winterland. We are one impossible to please bunch. 

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

We are one impossible to please bunch. 

So true.

For me, this release was like Bruce read my thoughts and wishes and went "here you go bud"

And yes, if (when?) the movie is released on Blu Ray, I'll buy that too.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Scott Peterson said:

Yeah, my very first thought was, "well, that's a bit of a cash grab by our boy." And immediately upon that came the thought, "but...I really WANT this." So maybe it's less a cash grab and more a giving the fans what they want? 

I guess what I feel is the same thing I've expressed on here many times: absolutely no matter what this guy does, it'll make a good chunk of his most ardent fans upset. Release too much, accused of greed. Release too little, accused of neglect and sloth. Release a well known show, we've already got it. Release one that's never circulated, I wanted Winterland. We are one impossible to please bunch. 

Yup.

In the words of the wonderful Steve Earle, "I ain't ever satisfied."

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Well, it's not a film about the making of the album, it's a concert performance. I don't know why so often around here the reasoning given by Bruce for a particular project is ignored in favor of the "cash grab" theories. There wasn't any intention to tour the album and I think Bruce was genuinely surprised by just how well Western Stars was received. A concert film is a really nice way to at least be able to experience this fantastic sequence of songs performed live and a soundtrack album seems almost a wish come true for those of us who were already planning our own audio rips of the eventual DVD.

If indeed there is ever a DVD.

Given the fact the movie is a substitute for a tour, I would have thought a DVD/Blu Ray would have been the first thing on their minds.

• Like 1

I got the impression Bruce wanted it to be experienced on the big screen. I dunno. I imagine it will have a home release or we'll all be downloading it from YouTube eventually. I'll be happy with the CD if we don't get a DVD. I love having the concerts in video format, but I don't watch them very often.

• Like 4

Its definitely a trend at the moment, concert movies at the cinema. I've not seen anything about this playing here yet but I recently bought tickets to see the new Roger Waters movie at the cinema next month.

Small theatre, so far half full. But I can rest assured they are all serious Floyd or Waters fans...

I saw recently as well that the 1991 INXS live album from Wembley, Live Baby Live, is seeing a cinema re-release.

For us here who don't get as many shows as Europe and the US, its the next best thing to a live concert. I dare say a lot more comfortable too.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Well, it's not a film about the making of the album, it's a concert performance. I don't know why so often around here the reasoning given by Bruce for a particular project is ignored in favor of the "cash grab" theories. There wasn't any intention to tour the album and I think Bruce was genuinely surprised by just how well Western Stars was received. A concert film is a really nice way to at least be able to experience this fantastic sequence of songs performed live and a soundtrack album seems almost a wish come true for those of us who were already planning our own audio rips of the eventual DVD.

I just wish he released as a sound & vision version though.

• Like 1