Greasy Lake Community

Which band line-up do you want to see on stage next ESB tour?

Which band line-up do you want to see on stage next ESB tour?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these two options which one would you like to see next tour?Personally I thought the Wrecking Ball tour stage lineup was so much better,absolutely loved seeing those 18(I think?) people kicking ass in unison,it was something special to behold.

• Wrecking Ball 12/13 stage line-up(horns,singers etc.)
    • River 16/17 stage line-up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2019 at 06:39 PM

26 minutes ago, Lampi said:

And Soozie? Especially for the acoustic set you could use Soozie, not alone for violin but also for backing vocals. For full blast classic ESB you don't need Soozie though, but also no need to leave her home. Agree about leaving Steve home though.

Some variations:

A few years ago in a discussion like this there was the suggestion of a small band album and tour with only Bruce, Nils, Garry and Max. Guitar-bass-drums, that's all (backing vocals by Nils).

And for full Nebraska album performance you only need: Bruce, Nils, Garry, Max and I think also Soozie (doing the vocal parts Patti did in 1984-1985 and maybe also some violin on some songs (Mansion On The Hill? Highway Patrolman? My Fathers House?).

For full Tunnel Of Love album performance you need to add Roy and Charlie, so we are almost back to the core band, except Jake.

Opening mini-acoustic set, Bruce solo (like 1993). Then Roy joins and they play Thunder Road together. Then Soozie joins to play violin for '1974-1975 with Suki Lahav-style performance of Incident On 57th Street. Then Nils joins for short semi-acoustic set (like some Nebraska songs or Joad songs). Then rest of band follows. (This all Stop Making Sense-style).

It goes without saying all Sunny Day kids can stay home so can they can go to bed early. And all signs are confiscated when entering the venue and destroyed. (Eco-friendly destroyed, Greta Thunberg-approved-style).

It even goes more without saying we are not talking about stadium shows (and other outdoor venues).

Discuss.

Yeah - I’d be up for Soozie in there.

Actually - I’d swap her for whoever plays that violin solo at the end of Stones. 

Maybe that is Soozie?? 

3 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I have not seen too many bitch about Western Stars and its production merits

Because we aren't at that point in the album cycle yet.

We are still at the "Second coming of baby Jesus" just barely starting to creep into "eh, it's fine" part of the cycle.

Just give it time, and they'll be people calling it hogwash garbage (probably closer to the release of the next album)

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Lampi said:

And for full Nebraska album performance you only need: Bruce, Nils, Garry, Max and I think also Soozie (doing the vocal parts Patti did in 1984-1985 and maybe also some violin on some songs (Mansion On The Hill? Highway Patrolman? My Fathers House?).

For full Tunnel Of Love album performance you need to add Roy and Charlie, so we are almost back to the core band, except Jake.

I always wished they could have done these two in 2009. A return to Lincoln, Nebraska (was that his only show there in 1984?) would have been great.

At his age (and at this point of his career) any band and show would do, as far as I’m concerned. My only wish is he doesn’t repeat the recent hits/album show format, if that’s possible.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 2:51 PM, ProveItAllNight747 said:

Also,purposefully left out the 2014 part of the WB tour because I know Tom Morello is a bit like marmite on here.

Man, whatever people want to say about Tom Morello, the fact that we never got to see him and Bruce do "Spare Parts" together is a shame.

Of course, the fact that "Spare Parts" hasn't been played with the E Street Band in any fashion in over 30 years is a shame in general, but still.

• Like 2