Greasy Lake Community

Which band line-up do you want to see on stage next ESB tour?

Which band line-up do you want to see on stage next ESB tour?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these two options which one would you like to see next tour?Personally I thought the Wrecking Ball tour stage lineup was so much better,absolutely loved seeing those 18(I think?) people kicking ass in unison,it was something special to behold.

• Wrecking Ball 12/13 stage line-up(horns,singers etc.)
    • River 16/17 stage line-up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2019 at 06:39 PM

There was also no sax in 1992-1993 (except Born To Run). Which, err, sounded weird (not Born To Run but the other songs).

And there was a guitar solo instead of a sax solo in early live versions of Jungleland.

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Ooooo... sorry DJ, but no matter how amazing that guitar solo might be; I can’t imagine ESB songs written to have that iconic sax sound replaced with a guitar solo.  

Actually Bruce replaced that iconic sax sound with a guitar solo before, and I hear plenty of happy people, both on stage and in the audience:

• Love Love Love! 1

3 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Actually Bruce replaced that iconic sax sound with a guitar solo before, and I hear plenty of happy people, both on stage and in the audience:

Yeah I know.  I remembered and was actually coming to add to or edit my post, but you and Lampi beat me to it with the info. 

However, I still prefer the sax solos to using the guitar.  Others may feel differently or may not care one way or the other.  

Bottom line, I just hope there’s a tour.  With the ESB.  Including Jake. 

I’d love horns and backup singers.  I’d love local orchestras for some WS stuff.  

If he chooses to do a stripped down E Street with Charlie, Jake and Soozie, great. 

If he decides to not use the sax, I’m still going to go, and I’m sure I’ll love every minute of it.  

But my personal feeling is the sax sound is an integral part of the ESB.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Ooooo... sorry DJ, but no matter how amazing that guitar solo might be; I can’t imagine ESB songs written to have that iconic sax sound replaced with a guitar solo.  

when i first thought about it was just after C's death and i coukdn t imangine 'anyone' replacing him so i thought well better for Bruce only to play his music because its sacred 

however the 'village' that toured wrecking ball was a really exceptional idea and it turned out really good but I'll always be sad C died quite young (and dear Danny) and that i never got to see them live 

Charlie and Jake are great and Bruce and the ESB have generously allowed them to grow their own presence on their stage rather than just mimic/tribute C and Danny 

i think Charlie quietly blazed a trail that made it eaiser for Jake

and the horns and Evit Bradley must have taken some of the enormous pressure off him

i was really chuffed with Mr Bradley's contribution because wasn't  C want blowing that horn he was still making music up there and who doesn't want more cow bell !

plus i got full album BTR with trumpet on meeting ! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I personally also love the banter and crowd interaction.  DITD dancers and Sunny Day kids included.  Wait, maybe that sentence belongs in the unpopular opinions thread... 

Also, I ADORE Charlie, no way I’d want to see an E Street tour without him!  No way I’d ever want to see an E Street tour without Jake either!  

Agree! The banter, people up on stage etc. It's what's called entertainment and I love every minute of it (even the sunny day kids:ph34r:)

• Love Love Love! 1

Great poll question, great thread.

Not that I think it will happen---or even that it's feasible---but I'd love to see a Springsteen "residency" tour.

By that I mean that Bruce & company spend a week or two in each city, playing different gigs at different sites: a solo acoustic show at a theater, a stripped-down/mostly acoustic small band show (lots of duos, trios, quartets on different numbers) in an arena, a "core" E Street Band show, a "Big Band" show in a stadium, etc.

This could also be paired with themed set lists: 2020 is an election year in the States, so a "political" show could be built around some of the "Darkness" staples along with songs like "The Rising", "My City of Ruins", "Eyes on the Prize", "Mrs. McGrath", "Gypsy Biker", "Long Walk Home", "We Take Care of Our Own", "American Land", "Land of Hope & Dreams", "American Skin (41 Shots)", while a more "personal" show could have newer songs like "Maria's Bed", "Long Time Comin'", "My Lucky Day", "Kingdom of Days", and "Tucson Train" mixed with songs like "Rosalita", "Two Hearts", "Fourth of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)", "Tunnel of Love", "Tougher Than the Rest", "Human Touch", "Better Days", "If I Should Fall Behind". There's such a large catalog of Springsteen songs---not to mention hundreds of cover songs at their fingertips---that there are many more "themes" to be explored (as Springsteen, Inc. has started to do with some of the Nugs releases on hope, love, friendship, the road, etc.

Bruce is a masterful constructor of set lists. It'd be interesting to see what he'd do given a format other than 1-2 shows/city.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MassCommons said:

Not that I think it will happen---or even that it's feasible---but I'd love to see a Springsteen "residency" tour.

By that I mean that Bruce & company spend a week or two in each city, playing different gigs at different sites: a solo acoustic show at a theater, a stripped-down/mostly acoustic small band show (lots of duos, trios, quartets on different numbers) in an arena, a "core" E Street Band show, a "Big Band" show in a stadium, etc.

This could also be paired with themed set lists: 2020 is an election year in the States, so a "political" show could be built around some of the "Darkness" staples along with songs like "The Rising", "My City of Ruins", "Eyes on the Prize", "Mrs. McGrath", "Gypsy Biker", "Long Walk Home", "We Take Care of Our Own", "American Land", "Land of Hope & Dreams", "American Skin (41 Shots)", while a more "personal" show could have newer songs like "Maria's Bed", "Long Time Comin'", "My Lucky Day", "Kingdom of Days", and "Tucson Train" mixed with songs like "Rosalita", "Two Hearts", "Fourth of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)", "Tunnel of Love", "Tougher Than the Rest", "Human Touch", "Better Days", "If I Should Fall Behind". There's such a large catalog of Springsteen songs---not to mention hundreds of cover songs at their fingertips---that there are many more "themes" to be explored (as Springsteen, Inc. has started to do with some of the Nugs releases on hope, love, friendship, the road, etc.

Bruce is a masterful constructor of set lists. It'd be interesting to see what he'd do given a format other than 1-2 shows/city.

Indeed he is. I would also like to see the placement of the songs changed. At this point, we all expect BTR and DITD to be played towards the end of the show. I would like to see them played at the beginning of the show next year. Born to Run is a great opener.

• Love Love Love! 1

47 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

even the sunny day kids:ph34r:)

Yeah, they make me smile.  More importantly, they make Bruce smile.  I love watching him watch them.  

14 minutes ago, Declansk said:

Born to Run is a great opener.

Yes it most certainly is!!   :wub:

I’d also love to see Rosie as an opener.  Or better yet, Incident into Rosie.  Hey, a girl can dream... ! 

• Bruuuuce! 1

52 minutes ago, MassCommons said:

Should this come to pass I would certainly feel as if I had died and gone to heaven.:wub:

That is what The Rolling Stones did quite some time ago: a club show, an arena show and a stadium show in the same city or the same country. So it is not impossible. Bur tickets for the club shows will be impossible.

(Not that I think such a tour will happen, and Mr. Landau will follow the money anyway (i.e.stadium shows in Europe)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Guitar instead of sax you all say? It's not the worst thing in the world, because this is mint. 

Mind, I know what I'd rather have...

no disrespect to C in giving this post a love

5 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Yeah, they make me smile.  More importantly, they make Bruce smile.  I love watching him watch them.  

Yes it most certainly is!!   :wub:

I’d also love to see Rosie as an opener.  Or better yet, Incident into Rosie.  Hey, a girl can dream... ! 

yes take Rosie out of the encore and i know i would enjoy her tons more 

yesterday i listened to a magic tour show and i enjoyed sunny day very much

i serously think Bruce needs grandkiddies

i mean horses are great but you can't bounce them on your knee

4 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

no disrespect to C in giving this post a love

Definitely not.

I think on here a lot of the time some of us get a bit caught up in appeasing the social consensus that we forget that we don't have to love just one set thing. 

Clarence's "Jungleland" solo is the ESSENCE of the ESSENCE, and "Jungleland" as it is on Born to Run is Springsteen's finest piece of work. It doesn't mean I can't listen to the version from The Main Point Night and think "this is the greatest thing I've ever heard" every now and then. 

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

yes take Rosie out of the encore and i know i would enjoy her tons more 

As long as it’s included somewhere, I’m a very happy girl.  But yes, it’d be extra great in a new slot! 

• Like 1