JustDan

Billie Eilish the Next "Elvis, Beatles, MJ"...?

So this DC radio DJ says that Billie Eilish could as big as Elvis, the Beatles & Michael Jackson.She is the hottest trending personality in the music business in terms of style, stage show and "unique blend of pop, electronica, hip-hop & goth". Her album "When We Fall Asleep Where Do We go" & single "Bad Boy" are at the top of all music streaming services & Amazon is struggling to keep up with demand for CD/vinyl units. She's 17 years old & this dude claims that "When We Fall Asleep..." sounds as fresh, new & exciting today as 'Meet The Beatles' did 55 years ago. She got a standing ovation on SNL this past weekend with her stage show...Anybody see it? Apparently she walked on the walls & ceiling of her stage...& she did this all live :blink: The studio audience apparently went nuts.

190929113338-01-billie-eilish-snl-0928-l

I've heard the single. I mean...yeh, it's definitely catchy & all & sounds very modern, but IMO, I wouldn't call it all that groundbreaking. What sayeth you all? I mean, this DJ just put about a thousand pounds of pressure on this kid's shoulders by saying she's as groundbreaking as the Fabs and could be as big as them, Elvis & MJ. I just think that's kind of a tall order. I could see her being the next big thing but.....the next Elvis or Beatles? I will say my Godson told me she's the talk and all the rave at his middle school (grades 6th, 7th, 8th). My nieces and nephews (20s-early 30s) love her as well. 

well good luck to her

those are huge shoes to fill

can't say ive heard of her

maybe she could be the next Madonna ?

we'll see in 5 years time how she's going 

9 hours ago, JustDan said:

So this DC radio DJ says that Billie Eilish could as big as Elvis, the Beatles & Michael Jackson.She is the hottest trending personality in the music business in terms of style, stage show and "unique blend of pop, electronica, hip-hop & goth". Her album "When We Fall Asleep Where Do We go" & single "Bad Boy" are at the top of all music streaming services & Amazon is struggling to keep up with demand for CD/vinyl units. She's 17 years old & this dude claims that "When We Fall Asleep..." sounds as fresh, new & exciting today as 'Meet The Beatles' did 55 years ago. She got a standing ovation on SNL this past weekend with her stage show...Anybody see it? Apparently she walked on the walls & ceiling of her stage...& she did this all live :blink: The studio audience apparently went nuts.

190929113338-01-billie-eilish-snl-0928-l

I've heard the single. I mean...yeh, it's definitely catchy & all & sounds very modern, but IMO, I wouldn't call it all that groundbreaking. What sayeth you all? I mean, this DJ just put about a thousand pounds of pressure on this kid's shoulders by saying she's as groundbreaking as the Fabs and could be as big as them, Elvis & MJ. I just think that's kind of a tall order. I could see her being the next big thing but.....the next Elvis or Beatles? I will say my Godson told me she's the talk and all the rave at his middle school (grades 6th, 7th, 8th). My nieces and nephews (20s-early 30s) love her as well. 

I saw it. I didn’t care for the first song but I enjoyed second one. This was the first time I ever really listened to her. It’ll be interesting to see where her career goes. She has potential.

It might happen! It might not. Pretty sure the same things were said about Lady Gaga back in '08/'09.
I've listened to the album once and I like Bad Guy, 8 and Xanny from it.

The trail to stardom is littered with corpses of the "next Beatles", the "next Dylan" and the "next Elvis".

She spent about two hours this morning being interviewed by Howard Stern.   Her brother was with her, and even her parents dropped in at the end of the interview.  The parts that I heard were terrific.  She seems to be a pretty good, and talented, kid...but, I'm sure not even she would want any comparisons to Elvis or the Beatles.

• Like 1

No new artist/band will ever be as big as the ones you mention in the thread title, because nowadays music doesn't mean as much to young people as it did 20, 30, 40 years ago.

• Like 1

Saw a live set from one of this summer's festivals. Very unimpressed. But then, people like her don't make records for people like me.

• Like 1

I like a lot about her, but can't really get excited about her songs.  I'm pretty open to female pop singers but there's nothing really about her stuff that really grabs me.  Hopefully she builds on her great start rather than fizzling out, but we'll see.