stillilllife

What are your unpopular non-Bruce music opinions?

On 10/11/2019 at 2:34 AM, Eileen said:

They've got a new album ready to unleash on the clamouring Victims. I wonder if it'll eclipse WS?

Oh yeah I def look forward to any new Killers content. They're one of my favorite bands.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Not going to try do the linky thing to each comment but, my 11 cents worth:

I love The Beatles. I think they are the greatest pop band of all time. I think the Stones are the greatest rock band of all time. And Led Zeppelin arguably the greatest HARD rock/blues band of all time...

Hard to disagree that Karen Carpenter was one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

It annoys me that one of Robbie William's biggest hits was a cover of a Karl Wallinger song, the original of which was much better and Karl definitely doesn't get near enough credit.

Van Morrison is like soul food to me... A huge part of my musical diet. Some days I can't think of anything I would rather listen to... I know he is one of those difficult people in person but I don't have to deal with that bit on CD.

Not a big fan of Christmas music, and especially when I see artists doing Christmas albums I inwardly groan. I think a part of it for me is that it's hard to correlate snow and roasting shit on fires when it's dry, hot and 40 degrees C outside. But... Having said that, the James Taylor Christmas album is so good, I actually listen to it all year round. Trust me.

im prepaired to this for you Steve 

because i had a Fabulouse Christmas in South Africa

but closer to Dec 25th if you don't mind

i am sure we will have a Christmas themed thread going on by then so please remember to remind me 

• Like 1

christmas music is one very good reason to shop online and not listen to constant xmas songs in shops from beginning of november. bah humbug

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 2

What's with all the Xmas music hate. Day after thanksgiving we put out all the Xmas decorations and the lights outside. Listen to Christmas music all day doing so. And when shopping yes love the Xmas music too. But besides that no Christmas music until the week before. And all day Christmas day of course.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What's with all the Xmas music hate. Day after thanksgiving we put out all the Xmas decorations and the lights outside. Listen to Christmas music all day doing so. And when shopping yes love the Xmas music too. But besides that no Christmas music until the week before. And all day Christmas day of course.

May I be the first to wish you a Happy Christmas then, Jimmy :lol:

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

lights are ok

On 10/13/2019 at 10:00 AM, janeymarywendy said:

May I be the first to wish you a Happy Christmas then, Jimmy :lol:

Don't forget your holiday avatar. I have mine at the ready. 

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:11 AM, Jimmy James said:

If someone doesn't like Christmas Music check this out. 

The Nat King Cole Christmas Album

On the other hand, there is this...

Elvis Christmas.jpg

• Like 2

Jay Farrar is better than Jeff Tweedy.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Jay Farrar is better than Jeff Tweedy.

Funny, both grew up in Belleville Il about 30 minutes from where I'm sitting. 

But I prefer Jeff Tweedy a bit more. 

• Like 1

Well, I like them both more than I like you.;)

I'll take Son Volt over Wilco any day.

• Haha 1

Rhindstone cowboy is s gizzilion times better than everything on SS and i wouldn't mind a few more Glenn Campbell covers 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:56 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

I'll take Son Volt over Wilco any day.

I'm not so sure about that - but I do believe Trace is the finest album released by either Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, Son Volt.