BruceSpringsteenFan

Bruce Memorabilia (MAYBE NEW ARCHIVE)

You're doomed.

• Haha 9

I have a ton of Bruce related stuff, but not the types of things for which you are looking.  

I’m not interested in selling anything I own (it’s all in my will to @rachelharms anyway!), and likewise if I ever came into possession of such items, I'd personally not be of the mind to part with them.  

Sorry to not be of any help, and I wish you good luck with your search.  

23 hours ago, BruceSpringsteenFan said:

As I said, it is something for a museum. If you point the direction I would love to find handwritten lyrics/notebooks. Money isn't the problem. I figured some people on a forum like this would have items like this. 

have you tried posting on our subforum record machine

you just never know who's lurking

from time to time people do downsize collections i think its worth asking there

The handwritten lyrics I've seen sold have gone for $200,000 and more.

I have a cassette with hand written lyrics signed by Bruce.

Unfortunately, I wrote the lyrics myself and the Bruce who signed it is some random dude I met at the pub 

• Haha 5

Try https://www.julienslive.com/m/ 

They often have high end rock n roll memorabilia that comes up for auction.   Occasionally, a Bruce item will pop on.  

One time I literally had hopes for bidding on a guitar that Neil Young used to record a song off of his Hawks n Doves album.  It was originally valued at $5,000...out of reach for me, but I could have gone into some creative financing to purchase it.   The guitar ended up going for around $60,000!  Yes, $60,000!

So, good luck on your Bruce search.  I imagine you'll need some heavy backers to make it happen.

Edit:  Here's actual handwritten lyrics by Bruce for a Born to Run-era song entitled "Glory Road".  Looks like an early draft to "Born to Run"  It's first bid is $20,000.

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/313/lot/124318?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F313%3Fpage%3D2

330874_0.jpg?1570231323

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sonicramone said:

Try https://www.julienslive.com/m/ 

They often have high end rock n roll memorabilia that comes up for auction.   Occasionally, a Bruce item will pop on.  

One time I literally had hopes for bidding on a guitar that Neil Young used to record a song off of his Hawks n Doves album.  It was originally valued at $5,000...out of reach for me, but I could have gone into some creative financing to purchase it.   The guitar ended up going for around $60,000!  Yes, $60,000!

So, good luck on your Bruce search.  I imagine you'll need some heavy backers to make it happen.

Edit:  Here's actual handwritten lyrics by Bruce for a Born to Run-era song entitled "Glory Road".  Looks like an early draft to "Born to Run"  It's first bid is $20,000.

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/313/lot/124318?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F313%3Fpage%3D2

330874_0.jpg?1570231323

I am the one who gave Juliens this lyric. Thank you tho :)

Also, do you guys have anything or know of anything. I can offer a finders fee. 

• Haha 1

Dude - it's Bruce Springsteen. there should be nothing "secret" about if you were trying to open a museum about him. Further, your lame screen name and lack of understanding of his album names show you're not exactly someone who is deeply passionate.

Why don't you give up the ruse and tell us what your real intentions were. Woke up and realized that you could make a quick buck by getting a famous person's handwritten artifacts and putting them on Ebay I'm guessing. Nice try.

If I'm wrong, then tell us more about this awesome super-secret museum you're creating. If not, get lost! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BruceSpringsteenFan said:

I am the one who gave Juliens this lyric. Thank you tho :)

Also, do you guys have anything or know of anything. I can offer a finders fee. 

So, if you're foraging for this kind of thing, then why are you turning around and selling it?

Nice pick up, by the way on the "Glory Road" sheet.  Wasn't that in the news about a year ago?  You must have purchased it then...

edit:  Sorry, just looked it up, and that was a different draft of "BTR".

On 10/4/2019 at 8:36 PM, BruceSpringsteenFan said:

Lol. I am serious tho. Do you guys have anything?

I appreciate your interest here....and putting up with the nonsense.    This and BTX are probably good places to network out of, but wouldn't Bruce keep a pretty tight hold on his archive of handwritten lyrics?

The best I have is a very limited edition poster from Devils & Dust tour (1 of 25)....and a signed black and white live shot of Bruce from the Born in the USA tour....and from the same show, I do think my wife has a stage-played harmonica of Bruce's.  Don't know how I'd ever confirm it, but it was supposedly from an Indianapolis show back in 1984.

revised_Bruce_Springsteen_8-05.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

unused :(

that's just too sad

10 bucks, and s time machine... :)

• Bruuuuce! 1

Here's a fun little item for you:

Handwritten Lyrics

Handwritten. Only $2500. Might be lyrics, might be a grocery list. Who knows. 

• Haha 1

I'm assuming since you're curating a museum @BruceSpringsteenFan, you must have quite a lot of memorabilia. Could we see some of what you've got? 

• Like 1

I've got WOAD and Devils and Dust CDs that I can let you have (if I can find them).

• Haha 1

To a good and mysterious place.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:57 PM, LoverInTheCold said:

Here's a fun little item for you:

Handwritten Lyrics

Handwritten. Only $2500. Might be lyrics, might be a grocery list. Who knows. 

Forget 'bout this stuff, I love your signature pics - that is a genius idea with great results.  

• Love Love Love! 1

About 15 different versions of the Dancing In The Dark 7" vinyl single from my private collection, anyone?

And some different versions of the Dancing In The Dark 12" single with the dance remixes too!:)

Oh, I've just cracked it!

The OP isn't in possession of a 20/8/81 multi-track at all. Instead he's made up this entire gimmick of being a Memorabilia Archive curator in the hope somebody sends him a 20/8/81 multi-track, which he will dish out like an absolute top lad. 

Smart thinking BruceSpringsteenFan, best of luck! 

• Haha 1

I am not interested in tracks. I am interested in manuscripts, stage worn clothing and stage used instruments. Also concert posters. Those are what I am interested in. And as I said countless times, I would happily pay a good price for them. 

Thanks

• Like 1