JustDan

Roger, WILCO?

Saw them live twice last weekend and they were absolutely tremendous. Best I've ever seen them, real life affirming stuff. Hugely talented bunch with Glen Kotche  the pick of them for me. Plus they played seven songs off the new album that wasn't even released yet, and they were great also.

And if there's a better song than "The Late Greats" to send you out into the night at the end of a show, I've not heard it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richevs said:

Saw them live twice last weekend and they were absolutely tremendous. Best I've ever seen them, real life affirming stuff. Hugely talented bunch with Glen Kotche  the pick of them for me. Plus they played seven songs off the new album that wasn't even released yet, and they were great also.

And if there's a better song than "The Late Greats" to send you out into the night at the end of a show, I've not heard it.

Good to hear.

18 hours ago, richevs said:

Is Nels Cline still touring with the band?   He's a contemporary of Thurston Moore's from Sonic Youth...so I'm kind of a fan.   When I saw Wilco during the 2005 tour, Cline was a definite highlight...especially during Handshake Drugs and Spiders (Kidsmoke).

23 hours ago, richevs said:

Yes Nels is still with them 

I don't know anything about Wilco, but occasionally a band or a singer gets mentioned a lot so I go to YouTube to have a look.  Must admit I really like this.  And there's Jason too ...

• Like 1

Just a flavor of what those two knuckleheads are into.  :) 

Difficult to listen to without a confused look on your face.