Greasy Lake Community

"Sundown" (Film Version) single released

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was posted on the soundtrack thread yesterday, but a thread must be made because the absolute mad lad hit those high notes towards the end!! (2:24 + 2:55) It's a good listen to get

Just plain gorgeous. This movie will rock my world.

Sounds great. One of my favorites from the album.  Bring on the rest.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This was posted on the soundtrack thread yesterday, but a thread must be made because the absolute mad lad hit those high notes towards the end!! (2:24 + 2:55)

It's a good listen to get a feel for the OST, but I think that's me waiting until the entire thing comes out before playing again. Don't want another "Land of Hope and Dreams" from Springsteen on Broadway situation!

i want a video to go with that ! 

his voice sounds good

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This was posted on the soundtrack thread yesterday, but a thread must be made because the absolute mad lad hit those high notes towards the end!! (2:24 + 2:55)

It's a good listen to get a feel for the OST, but I think that's me waiting until the entire thing comes out before playing again. Don't want another "Land of Hope and Dreams" from Springsteen on Broadway situation!

Nice way to start the day.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Brilliant. Generally speaking I always prefer live Bruce to studio Bruce but I was thinking when WS came out that this album may be the exception. It appears however maybe not, on first listen to Sundown. I prefer it to the studio album version. 

I cannot wait to compare the title track live with the studio version. That track is defined for me by the exquisite lyrical delivery of the words at the end of several lines such as again, friend, whirlwind.... 

I am intrigued to see whether or not I will once again prefer the live version of what I now consider to be a Springsteen classic. 

• Like 6

Just did a nice little side by side comparison of the two versions and you can hear how "smooth" his voice sounds in the studio version while the live version is vintage Bruce.  The horns are well placed and his voice has that nice grizzle sound that makes it sound rugged like the western landscape.  Can't wait to hear the rest of it.  Bruce is like a handful of artist that I will take his live stuff over the studio stuff any day of the week.  Only downside, which is minor is the background vocals are a bit overpowering at times but that is just a tiny flaw.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
4 minutes ago, thecommish said:

Just did a nice little side by side comparison of the two versions and you can hear how "smooth" his voice sounds in the studio version while the live version is vintage Bruce.  The horns are well placed and his voice has that nice grizzle sound that makes it sound rugged like the western landscape.  Can't wait to hear the rest of it.  Bruce is like a handful of artist that I will take his live stuff over the studio stuff any day of the week.  Only downside, which is minor is the background vocals are a bit overpowering at times but that is just a tiny flaw.

My thoughts exactly. Like the way Bruce's voice sounds slightly more worn here.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

This is my least favourite song off of the album. It’s the high “in sundoooooown” parts that I can’t stand. The rest of it is pretty good.

I do like the video but I think it makes it pretty obvious that, at least the first high “in sundoooown” was overdubbed. That’s a shame...

• Like 3