Greasy Lake Community

"Sundown" (Film Version) single released

Western Stars really is the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it? I will have this live album version on repeat just as I did the studio version.

Thank you Boss.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

The mix is absolute great, the overall sound just fine. His voice is really strong here so that's well done at 70. I like it even better already then the studio version. Really looking forward to this release. Though vinyl freaks have to wait untill December. But it will surely be worth the wait. Curious for the other songs yeah. It's very promising really.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 10/4/2019 at 3:52 PM, Tom-Joad said:

This is my least favourite song off of the album. It’s the high “in sundoooooown” parts that I can’t stand. The rest of it is pretty good.

I do like the video but I think it makes it pretty obvious that, at least the first high “in sundoooown” was overdubbed. That’s a shame...

I'm not planning on going to see this at the pictures so I decided to watch this. 

Love the way Bruce seems to be feeing the music and enjoying himself at the start (and throughout, really), and while it's not an ESSENCE moment, those ten seconds Bruce and Patti share together from 2:30 - 2:40 are git nice. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Recognisable faces in that band, Curt Ramm, Soozie, Patti, Lisa Lowell, Charlie Giordano.

Can anybody name any others?

:wacko: 

ill be watching the credits to the very end / viewing the cd lyric sheet under a microscope ! 

The sound is superb and I'll eat up the soundtrack for sure. However, I'm not sure the film is going to be for me. I imagine it will be a one time watch like Broadway (although, I still haven't trudged all the way through that). Needs an audience and possibly some line dancing (kidding). I would have loved Bruce to have corralled the Sessions Band and take this baby out on the road. Ok, it would have lost some of the orchestration but not that much - the Sessions Band had at least 50 members anyway, I think?     

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 12:39 PM, wolfinthepines said:

The sound is superb and I'll eat up the soundtrack for sure. However, I'm not sure the film is going to be for me. I imagine it will be a one time watch like Broadway (although, I still haven't trudged all the way through that). Needs an audience and possibly some line dancing (kidding). I would have loved Bruce to have corralled the Sessions Band and take this baby out on the road. Ok, it would have lost some of the orchestration but not that much - the Sessions Band had at least 50 members anyway, I think?     

I watched Broadway once on Netflix. I can safely say I'd watch WS much more. It's brilliant.

It may be true that his vocals are stronger on the studio version, but there's always something special and moving and powerful (to me) about Bruce "live."

I truly wish he had done at least one show with this album--I'd have moved heaven and earth to get there. I would have been very different than anything else he's done (and not have the same wattage as a live show with the band) . . . but I like seeing Bruce in all his aspects at least once.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, Promise61 said:

Recognisable faces in that band, Curt Ramm, Soozie, Patti, Lisa Lowell, Charlie Giordano.

Can anybody name any others?

:wacko: 

The drummer looks like Gunnar Olsen who plays drums on the Western Stars studio version.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Sorry, but I still don't get the overwhelming love for this album.  I'm hoping the film will change that for me.  For this particular song, I really hate the background vocals.  Ugh.

Overwhelming love is a good way of describing the response by and large.

Really didn’t see that coming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

Sorry, but I still don't get the overwhelming love for this album.  I'm hoping the film will change that for me.  For this particular song, I really hate the background vocals.  Ugh.

So sorry this album doesn’t float your boat BD, in that I wish you had some new Bruce to love.  

I really hope that you’ll fall in love with the highly anticipated upcoming E Street album!!! 

I don’t know exactly why WS has affected me the  way in which it has.  Overwhelming love is exactly right.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

BD, I hope you will love the film. You might 'hear' the songs in a different light once you can see Bruce singing them. I know that I personally love to watch as well as listen ;):wub:

• Like 1

So I thought I'd spent a few minutes of my Sunday night by writing the intro for the Western Stars: Songs From The Film review I'm hoping to publish on Friday, and maybe write some thoughts down on the already released "Sundown" while I'm at it. 

I've been sitting here for about twenty minutes now, three and a quarter paragraphs written. So buckle up on Friday, it's probably going to be a long one :lol: 

• Bruuuuce! 1

• 1 month later...