Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars movie in Germany

Looks like a lot of cinemas from the "Cinemaxx" and "Cineplex" chains in Germany are showing the movie on Monday, October 28, at 8 pm - and not only in the big cities, but in smaller to mid-size towns as well. Prices seem to be almost double than what they usually are, our local Cinemaxx is asking 16.50 Euros. Check your local listings, tickets are on sale now! :D

• Like 1

I think all these special event movies are always marked up 1.5 or 2 times a regular movie at least here they are

i think in the U.K. someone said tickets are about 14 pounds so that is around the same price you are seeing in euros

my ticket in USA is $15

5 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I think all these special event movies are always marked up 1.5 or 2 times a regular movie at least here they are

i think in the U.K. someone said tickets are about 14 pounds so that is around the same price you are seeing in euros

my ticket in USA is $15

never heard of this :angry:

a movie, is a movie, is a movie

unless its one of those food pantry drives by the salvation army and entry is a couple of tins of peaches 

1 hour ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

I know for the UK screening it said there were no ads, so I think we are being spared any adverts but making up for the loss of ad revenue by paying more for the tickets for the screening.

You may be right; but at the theatre where I’m going, and all other similar theaters in the area, the tickets are the same price ($15.00) for WS as for all movies.  

Some theaters charge even more for certain kinds of seats (reclining) and some have a ‘package’ where you can preorder food and get it delivered to your seat. Prices start at $36.00 and go up, depending on what you get. 

Smaller, older theaters like the one in my town are slightly cheaper ($11.00 most days; $5.00 specials on Tuesdays); but $15.00 is pretty much the going rate.   

• Like 1