Greasy Lake Community

Donald Trump Just Went After Beyonce, Jay-Z and Bruce Springsteen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love Bruce, and I also happen to love and agree with his politics.  Makes me love him even more, and in ways that go beyond music.  I’ve got zero issue with any artists (if I agree or vehemently

Little Bruce Springsteen? At least his hands are bigger than yours, odious man.

Little Steven has just lost his nickname in the E St Band.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Humor Dan humor! Badlands 89(A Doctor) said the original statement about cm, I bet he deals with metric measurements everyday. 

Sorry. In the future please use appropriate emoji demonstrating sarcasm.

so how does metrics work in the US ?

like im thinking anything science related is metric because i do hear it on some tv shows (and it sounds weird in an American accent :lol:)

do they do metric  crash courses when you guys get to college ?

i remember reading on a thread once someone shaired the lift in his hotel with him

he was headed for the pool and had jandals (flip flops) on and he was about 5'7"

of course i don't remember who, when or anything else

2 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

You know what they say about big hands.  

You wear big gloves? ;)

What I remember most when I shook his hand is that it felt very warm. :) (which was good, because it was cold out)

20 minutes ago, J said:

No way Bruce is 1.77m.

In my picture from the book signing, he looks a lot taller than me, and I'm about 5'7". My friend who has met Bruce "in the wild" a couple of times says Bruce is about his same height, which is about 5'9" .

11 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Wiki page says 5'10" 

There was a picture of his California Driver's License out there, and it said he's 5'10" . Maybe in boots.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, westcoastgirl said:

I don't care how tall he is, because is taller man than the fuckwad who called him little.  Actually Bruce and I have something in common, we both lied on our California Driver License.

Is this some sort of metric calculation? 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, bbb said:

Is this some sort of metric calculation? 

Yes, it is American Metrics for the tall asshole who has rock star envy.  I stayed out of the fight club for this very reason.  I cannot help myself.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, westcoastgirl said:

Yes, it is American Metrics for the tall asshole who has rock star envy.  I stayed out of the fight club for this very reason.  I cannot help myself.

You stayed out of the Fight Club because of the metric system? 

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, JustDan said:

Actually, I think the question is embarrassing because it displays the ignorance some Americans show with regard to knowledge of life outside their own neighborhoods. Particularly given the fact that every country on Earth measures in CM.........except for the U.S.

Liberia and Myanmar don't use the metric system.

ive desided its quant and kinda old fashioned but kind of enderring

we have the monarchy and you have feet and inches :lol:

i did actually read up on NZ's matrix journey today

these things are planned and dont just happen over night

and considering all that money you guys spent om the moon landing i guess there was no spair dosh to go towards metricatiom

im just greatful it was being done when i was a preschooler 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_New_Zealand

Although New Zealand completed metrication in the 1970s, a 1992 study of university students found that at that time there was a continued use of imperial units for birth weight and human height alongside metric units.[3] On the 30th anniversary of the introduction of the metric system in December 2006, the New Zealand Consumer Affairs Minister, Judith Tizard, commented that "Now 30 years on the metric system is part of our daily lives" but noted some continuing use of imperial measurements in some birth announcements of baby weights and also with people's heights.[4]

The aviation industry is one of the last major users of the old imperial system: altitude and airport elevation is measured in feet.[citation needed] All other aspects (fuel quantity, aircraft weight, runway length, etc.) use metric.

I remember spending a lot of time in elementary school learning the metric system. They really rushed it on us and pressured us because we had to be ready when the United States went metric.

How can I be ready when I've forgotten everything except that a meter is roughly 3 feet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I remember spending a lot of time in elementary school learning the metric system. They really rushed it on us and pressured us because we had to be ready when the United States went metric.

How canI be ready when I've forgotten everything except that a meter is roughly 3 feet?

Yep, I remember that. I guess the conversion never caught on. Although, the metric system is taught and used in the sciences. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, misty rain said:

Although, the metric system is taught and used in the sciences. 

True. And I just realized I use metric measurements every time I go to the pot dispensary. In fact, I might be a professor of metricomonics or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

How canI be ready when I've forgotten everything except that a meter is roughly 3 feet?

Well, you've also got Bruce's height converted into metric. As soon as someone works out what it is in feet and inches

i thought i read in that same thread years back Bruce is 5'7"

which is perfect because im 5'6"

i can do some conversions because bamboo garden stakes and SED build poles are sold as metric but still the old feet and inches length

wire netting and windbreak and weedmat - is 900mm or 1800 mm long not very often 1m or 2 m so i know thats 3 foot and 6 foot

alot of hardwear -alot of  scews are still not metric

a 4inch nail is 100mm

then you can have imperial or metric bolt thread 

a 4×2 (why the hell do you call it a 2x4) is 100x50 or 90x45 if its dressed timber

a 2x2 is 50x50 (45x45)

i did used to get pissed off when old people had measured at home with an old feet and inches tape measure

you can get a tape measure for $5

its not like it just happened over night

there was alot of publicity to teach people metric

our first Isuzu was assembled in NZ and had some metric bolts from his Jappaness side and some imperial from his GMC side

i must say i find it hillerouse you guys had a crash course at school

• judyg locked this topic