Greasy Lake Community

LA 23.10.99 October Archive

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Played it twice yesterday. Today, wearing my headphones with my apple lossless rip on my iPhone. My God. What a performance. I remember watching this show after spending the day worrying abo

Only just downloaded this tonight as I’ve been on such a high since meeting Bruce yesterday and not had time to think about this new archive.  My plan is to listen to this show from start to fini

This is the sort of post that makes me really excited to get and listen to a Springsteen show. 

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

The cover looks like it's from a rehearsal, not the actual gig.

Yep, because you can see Kevin (Bruce's guitar assistant, forget his last name) in the background. Would never see him in a middle of a song during a show.  

3 minutes ago, hamerdriven said:

Is it just me, or were they saving the best for... later? (I hope not last!). Listening now, did a quick compare to the excellent version that has been circulating for years, and... yep, this knocks it out of the park.

Of course it helps that, yes, I was there... magical night...

I always love downloading shows I was at. While listening you can picture what was going on, on stage and around you. Or how you felt at the time. Most of the time I just smile the whole time listening. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

This is an appeal to any Laker that may be tech savvy, especially in the area of remixing mp3s.

I need to know how to totally edit Patti out of Take 'Em As They Come.  It's a brilliant version and she comes close to ruining it.  Come to think of it, she can sod off out of Factory as well.  Jeez.

Altschiller, what the HELL were you thinking?

:angry:

1 hour ago, BigBoss said:

Is this to be taken seriously?

Yes indeed as the sound quality of the bootleg is about the same as an official live album.

Question, is this essential purchase or only if you don't own the fantastic Crystal Cat  bootleg yet?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yes indeed as the sound quality of the bootleg is about the same as an official live album.

Question, is this essential purchase or only if you don't own the fantastic Crystal Cat  bootleg yet?

I can’t remember the  bootleg sounding quite a full as this one. Bigly upgrade

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

This is an appeal to any Laker that may be tech savvy, especially in the area of remixing mp3s.

I need to know how to totally edit Patti out of Take 'Em As They Come.  It's a brilliant version and she comes close to ruining it.  Come to think of it, she can sod off out of Factory as well.  Jeez.

Altschiller, what the HELL were you thinking?

:angry:

Maybe edit 16 or 17 minutes out of 10th Avenue at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I've just realised that I've got the bootleg of this. May as well hit 'Delete'

BS dude!!! Ya gotta get it anyway! Support the cause - I used to only dream of these things coming out like this haha

Plus it sounds amazing lol

Enjoy buddy,

Brad

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

BS dude!!! Ya gotta get it anyway! Support the cause - I used to only dream of these things coming out like this haha

Plus it sounds amazing lol

I am downloading, hence deleting the bootleg.

The Pound has has a rough time, I don't think I've paid £11 before!

• Sad 1

I can't believe that people on BTX are saying that the Prodigal Son Bootleg sounds better than this. I am losing faith in mankind more and more every day. How can any mentally sane person not hear the huge difference in quality? I don't get it. Yes, the audience is lower on the archive, but that's about it. I don't wanna hear a crowd screaming over songs, i wanna hear the band play. And these recordings are really pleasing me in this sense.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Superior to the boot in my ears, but I haven't listened back to back. I never thought the boot was official quality, although it was very good. I do kind of miss Bruce's voice echoing around the arena on Youngstown, but this show is just so consistently good. I never get tired of the Take Me To The River section of Tenth Avenue.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, BigBoss said:

I can't believe that people on BTX are saying that the Prodigal Son Bootleg sounds better than this. I am losing faith in mankind more and more every day. How can any mentally sane person not hear the huge difference in quality? I don't get it. Yes, the audience is lower on the archive, but that's about it. I don't wanna hear a crowd screaming over songs, i wanna hear the band play. And these recordings are really pleasing me in this sense.

We're a religion. They're a cult.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1