Greasy Lake Community

LA 23.10.99 October Archive

Glad to have this in pro quality. I have only listened to a few samples but it is way better that the boots. So many sources raved about "Prodigal Son In The City Of Angels" but I never thought it was so great. If you have that one just listen to The Ghost Of Tom Joad. During the song you can hear the crowd. I don't mean cheering, you can clearly hear them chatting. That's what you get with aud/sdb mixes. A lot was written about that boot sounding like a pro release but I always thought it was substandard. So I am quite pleased to get this new one. Audience recordings suck. Audience recordings mixed with sbd, ald, ald also suck. I want to hear the music, not the chatting crowd.

• Like 5

I'd forgotten about that little alteration to the start of Badlands, where the music sort of drops away before Bruce starts the first verse. For those who attended shows around this time (or have heard boots of other shows from this period), was this something they did often around then or is this a one off? Little nuances like that in otherwise well worn songs is what keeps this Archive series alive and interesting for me (although this one I had heard on the Prodigal Son boot previously)

I mentioned this on the general Archive thread when the rumour dropped that this was the show, but I love this version of Incident. I prefer the way the outro is played in the same rythmn as the rest of the song, as opposed to the change in versions like the 80 and 78 archive ones. Although I do miss everything fading out to leave just the piano which happens in the older versions

2 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

I'd forgotten about that little alteration to the start of Badlands, where the music sort of drops away before Bruce starts the first verse. For those who attended shows around this time (or have heard boots of other shows from this period), was this something they did often around then or is this a one off? Little nuances like that in otherwise well worn songs is what keeps this Archive series alive and interesting for me (although this one I had heard on the Prodigal Son boot previously)

Not that I recall. Badlands opened one of the Manchester shows and not this one in Bologna;

5 hours ago, jukeblue said:

Not that I recall. Badlands opened one of the Manchester shows and not this one in Bologna;

It's not on the Chicago release, and obviously not LINYC, which made me ask the question as to whether this was a short lived change he experimented with or just a once off. 

After a long and busy work day,  i've finally gotten a chance to download and listen. This release blows away the bootleg. Sound quality is not even in the same ballpark. happy to say that another bootleg bites the dust...

And have renamed track one in Itunes as Meeting In The Town Tonight/Take 'Em As They Come... As it should be!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Shit week at work. I needed something like this. Mrs out, turned up way too loud. Only downside is it’s too early for a few beers.

Good sentence, except for two unnecessary 'too's'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Walker in the sun said:

Neighbours probably support the 1st one,.

But maybe neighbours could use a good musical education?

That's why I always play Prove It All Night 1978 versions REAL LOUD!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Addendum: The biggest downside to this is seeing the amount of people who've been on the website today (who are most likely) looking for something to read about the show :lol::unsure:

Touché! :lol:

Great show and release.

I bought the Crystal Cat audience boot way back in early 2000 and then a great guy on here called Youbi (youbetternottouch) from Australia sent me the IEM/aud mix back in 02 or 03.

This one was an instant purchase for me. Looking forward to listening, with Adam/Darkness/Murder/Incident being the oft-played highlights I can recall right now.