Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

LA 23.10.99 October Archive


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Karembu said:

Dude, festive season can’t start until after Bonfire Night... you have allowed for Halloween to have its moment but what about poor old Bonfire Night haha

I knew I was forgetting something! 

1 minute ago, Silvia said:

Rephrase: you can post it when it's official they don't have it. :)

I am confident they'll be able to release it, whether it's multi-track, soundboard or whatever

There has to be more to this: https://picosong.com/wYK2L/

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn’t that posted originally by the JEMS crew? 

45 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I knew I was forgetting something! 

I am confident they'll be able to release it, whether it's multi-track, soundboard or whatever

There has to be more to this: https://picosong.com/wYK2L/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started listening to this show tonight just before I got home from work... I had an audio book to finish. So, so far, I've heard the swell of the crowd on track 1... And then I got home and switched it off. It's a fine sounding crowd though! 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Or it's that they released two shows from the same tour just three months ago. :rolleyes:

Maybe start thinking that if it's not the Christmas release, maybe we'll all know for certain that they don't have it if it doesn't come out at all in 2020. 

Has there ever been a 'special' Christmas release?  Shirley,  that's really reaching to think  that that is their MO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Has there ever been a 'special' Christmas release?  Shirley,  that's really reaching to think  that that is their MO.

Yeah, there's been five of them...

Quote

(Tuesday 23rd December, 2014) - The Agora '78 
(Thursday 24th December, 2015) - Ten tracks from Tempe 1980
(Friday 23rd December, 2016) - Buffalo '09 
(Friday 22nd December, 2017 - Passaic '78
(Monday 24th December, 2018) - No Nukes shows

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I can see how Tempe was a 'special' (it was free, wasn't it?). 

They're all special as they were an out of cycle bonus release. Free or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2019 at 7:36 PM, Promise61 said:

Slipping off topic and back into 'same old, same old' territory, it seems that Nugs don't have the Vietnam Vets show.

It would be a nice and decent thing for them to say so.  Goodness knows that they've been asked often enough.

When they asked for the "holy grail" show, did they ever say that the winner would be rush released at the earliest possible opportunity?

As you say, I would expect them to say something if it doesn't exist. If it does exist I would expect them to just add it to the list, to be released in due course.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

When they asked for the "holy grail" show, did they ever say that the winner would be rush released at the earliest possible opportunity?

As you say, I would expect them to say something if it doesn't exist. If it does exist I would expect them to just add it to the list, to be released in due course.

 

Why expect them to “say something if it doesn’t exist?”

Has Nugs ever said something about a Springsteen show not existing?  I don’t know that’s why I ask.

Nothing Nugs has ever said/done gives me the impression they place any value on such an announcement.

Disclosure: I would love an 8/20 SBD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rumble said:

Why expect them to “say something if it doesn’t exist?”

Has Nugs ever said something about a Springsteen show not existing?  I don’t know that’s why I ask.

I feel that asking for people's "holy grail" and a particular show coming out on top, if it wasn't recorded it would be courtesy to say "thank you for the suggestion, however unfortunately ........" 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I feel that asking for people's "holy grail" and a particular show coming out on top, if it wasn't recorded it would be courtesy to say "thank you for the suggestion, however unfortunately ........" 

"thank you for the suggestion, however unfortunately they've wiped the tapes and used them to record the entire 'On broadway' run" . I'm just kidding I sincerely hope !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Lampi said:

At this moment, IF they have it, most logical seems they will wait some time as Nassau 29.12.1980 -and 'new' Nassau 31.12.1980- were only a few months ago.

Could be as simple as that.

My thoughts exactly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just have to say that this release has some of the greatest performances of some songs ever. 'For You' from this show is probably the greatest full band version ever! 'The Ties That Bind' is amazing, just like 'Take 'Em As They Come' and 'Youngstown'.

And 'Adam Raised A Cain' - wow. For me, 'Adam' was never better than it was on the Tunnel Of Love Tour. The aggressive singing (almost with rage), the great guitar and the horns elevate the song to new heights. But this version is really - I mean really - good. Bruce's voice is freaking amazing and the guitars are possessed. Great, great version!

  • Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2019 at 12:52 AM, Born To Walk said:

I feel that asking for people's "holy grail" and a particular show coming out on top, if it wasn't recorded it would be courtesy to say "thank you for the suggestion, however unfortunately ........" 

Completely agree

However, as I intimated, courtesy doesn’t appear to be a core value for Nugs.

“This is business, not personal.”

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2019 at 1:30 PM, davemunday said:

JEMS can you confirm or not :) 

Yes, we posted that. If we had the whole show we would have shared it long ago. We only have a short portion of the show and a couple of the songs have issues. That version of Darkness has a lot of mastering work on it. But...it does suggest a soundboard recording was presumably made of the whole show. Whether that was done by crew, without any intention of entering Bruce's archive, we don't know. We do know a partial board exists of the Tom Waits show (ever notice the pattern of soundboards leaking from shows with guest performers?). The songs that have issues have mix issues, so it is possible a full fidelity recording of the show doesn't exist. Darkness proves there is an excellent quality two-track out there somewhere.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, JEMS said:

Yes, we posted that. If we had the whole show we would have shared it long ago. We only have a short portion of the show and a couple of the songs have issues. That version of Darkness has a lot of mastering work on it. But...it does suggest a soundboard recording was presumably made of the whole show. Whether that was done by crew, without any intention of entering Bruce's archive, we don't know. We do know a partial board exists of the Tom Waits show (ever notice the pattern of soundboards leaking from shows with guest performers?). The songs that have issues have mix issues, so it is possible a full fidelity recording of the show doesn't exist. Darkness proves there is an excellent quality two-track out there somewhere.

 Thank you for your response and again for sharing the Darkness track 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...