Greasy Lake Community

2020 Tour Rumours thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need 3 more concerts to make it 50 Bruce shows. I don’t want it to end on 47. If it does I will just have to count my three Western Stars cinema shows so I get my half century 

Solo acoustic version of Moonlight Motel and I would be in bits!!

I expect it will rain in Manchester as usual.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bosstralian said:

11 pages without a single solid tour date or, indeed, anything even resembling a solid rumour of one.

Impressive. Most impressive 

Lols not really go join ACDC forum they have a speculation/Rumour thread which has been running for over a year has that many pages the thread is split in too Parts Rumour thread part 1 Speculation thread part 2 & so on & shows no signs of slowing down no other forum will EVER compare too it trust me its hundreds hundreds pages

Its currently up too Part 4 this thread has 11 pages you just made my day lols lols

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Lols not really go join ACDC forum they have a speculation/Rumour thread which has been running for over a year has that many pages the thread is split in too Parts Rumour thread part 1 Speculation thread part 2 & so on & shows no signs of slowing down no other forum will EVER compare too it trust me its hundreds hundreds pages

Its currently up too Part 4 this thread has 11 pages you just made my day lols lols

I was more commenting from a Greasy Lake perspective, this is a pretty hefty thread for these parts given no dates or credible rumours. We don't even need to go ACDC for a more ridiculous example... BTX has a 2020 Bruce tour thread several pages longer than ours based on the same non existent rumours.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

In 2016 when roughly did tixs go on sale for that R.T any takers on this....??!! lols

UK tour was announced on 19 Feb 2016 with tickets onsale 25th Feb 2016. That was late though compared with previous tours. In 2012/2013 tickets for the Euro tour went onsale at the end of November.

• Like 1

Reports earlier this year stated that Bruce and the band were going into the studio to record the next album at the end of the year, with a tour to follow next year. With that in mind we should be hearing stories of Bruce in the studio within the next month or so. An album release in the Spring, followed by a tour next summer/Autumn.Fall. Things may change however as has been mentioned before...his 94 year old mother Adele is suffering from Alzheimers and he won't want to be be away too long if at all in those circumstances which I know only too well from my own experience with my mum.. I really hope we get a tour next year as my holiday plans for next year are based around it ! I really want to go to the states to see Bruce as I have some money saved up and this will very likely be the last time there will be an opportunity to do so.

• Like 3
On 11/16/2019 at 10:48 AM, MacBruce said:

With that in mind we should be hearing stories of Bruce in the studio within the next month or so

I was thinking this - must be heading into the studio soon? Unless they’re there already 

Also feel like they’re cutting it fine for any sort of Xmas release announcement - I’d be shocked if we don’t get the long-anticipated BITUSA box, but maybe they’re waiting for the 40th?

18 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

I was thinking this - must be heading into the studio soon? Unless they’re there already 

Also feel like they’re cutting it fine for any sort of Xmas release announcement - I’d be shocked if we don’t get the long-anticipated BITUSA box, but maybe they’re waiting for the 40th?

With the western stars film being an Xmas Blu ray release I wonder if that makes a separate box set (BITUSA) less likely this December..

• Sad 3
41 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

With the western stars film being an Xmas Blu ray release I wonder if that makes a separate box set (BITUSA) less likely this December..

That’s not happening. The Blu-ray isn’t available in the USA until next year. Still not happening this year. 

14 hours ago, kevharrison said:

That’s not happening. The Blu-ray isn’t available in the USA until next year. Still not happening this year. 

Seems strange if the Blu-ray isn't out in the USA till next year, when as Rizla says, it's out in the UK before Christmas. And Springsteen on Broadway still hasn't come out on Blu-ray, despite having been screened for some time on Netflix, so there are plenty of loose ends to tie up.

Assuming sessions for the new E Street album go as well as hoped then that will surely come out ahead of the tour, leaving boxed sets for BUSA and Tracks 2 on the back burner. They will surely beware saturating the market with too much product in a short space of time.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Rizla said:

Amazon UK

WSbluray.JPG.0d22803ad86a8e088048a9ab713119ad.JPG

Don’t get your point? I said the blu ray is not out in the USA this year?  I know it’s out here in December. 

There are theatrical release windows at play in the USA. There has to be an agreed period of time between it appearing in cinemas and going to on demand, blu ray etc. 

My point was there isn’t a tracks 2 this year now, that’s been off the table a couple months.

19 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

I would hope they're waiting because I'd like to see some more new music because in the last 10 years he's released:

Greatest Hits (2009)

WOAD (2009)

The Promise Box set (2010)

Wrecking Ball (2012)

The Collection '73-'12  Box Set (2013)

High Hopes (Not really new music) (2014)

American Beauty EP (Continuation of HH, but good songs) (2014)

The Album Collection Vol. 1 '73-'84 (2014)

The Ties That Bind River Collection (2015)

Chapter and Verse (I give it credit it had some good stuff; 5 songs; but they had been circulated for awhile at that point) (2016)

Western Stars (2019)

I get it the guy's got to take a break from writing but hell the Collection (2013) and The Album Collection (2014) are almost the same thing. I get the River was 35 and I really want an electric Nebraska but I need some more new music with ESB (Western Stars was great but ESB is needed)...

22 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

:wacko:, most of those songs would work great in a Western Stars concert setlist! 

Even if he isn't going to play any songs from WS I still want to hear a live version of American Beauty and Hurry Up Sundown...

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, zzcoolness said:

Even if he isn't going to play any songs from WS I still want to hear a live version of American Beauty and Hurry Up Sundown...

You know what, I read your first statement the wrong way. I read it as Not good songs. As most here write. I apologize.  

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

You know what, I read your first statement the wrong way. I read it as Not good songs. As most here write. I apologize.  

AH, I feel American Beauty EP was pretty good but I feel High Hopes was lacking a little itself. I'd say High Hopes, GOTD, JLFW, The Wall, DBD, and 41 were otherwise pretty good.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, zzcoolness said:

AH, I feel American Beauty EP was pretty good but I feel High Hopes was lacking a little itself. I'd say High Hopes, GOTD, JLFW, The Wall, DBD, and 41 were otherwise pretty good.

You forgot the most important one Harry's Place. 

• Like 4

We don't normally get confirmation of Bruce's plans to do an album and tour until an announcement - but the industry has changed.

I suspect tour plans will become more concrete as the album begins to materialize.  Bruce is a perfectionist in the studio.  It seems unlike him to say that he's off to the studio to record and album and do a tour following that.  Usually, he lets things flow and materialize.

If he can bang out the album quickly, they can hit the road sooner and do those summer stadiums.  If not, it could be an arena tour with 2021 stadium days.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, twilight said:

We don't normally get confirmation of Bruce's plans to do an album and tour until an announcement - but the industry has changed.

I suspect tour plans will become more concrete as the album begins to materialize.  Bruce is a perfectionist in the studio.  It seems unlike him to say that he's off to the studio to record and album and do a tour following that.  Usually, he lets things flow and materialize.

If he can bang out the album quickly, they can hit the road sooner and do those summer stadiums.  If not, it could be an arena tour with 2021 stadium days.

I’d take that, as in the 2007 and 2008 Magic tour set up. I did London, Milan, Belfast in arenas in 2007, then two US arenas in April 2008 followed by six summer European stadium shows.  

Yes, those halcyon days pre credit crunch and pre kids were truly lavish!