Greasy Lake Community

2020 Tour Rumours thread

6 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I need 3 more concerts to make it 50 Bruce shows. I don’t want it to end on 47.

If it does I will just have to count my three Western Stars cinema shows so I get my half century :D

I'm on 24..and I would like to make it 30. Really hoping to cross the Atlantic to see Bruce in either NJ, Philadelphia or New York City. This will likely be my last chance and for once I have readies available to make the trip.

19 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

I'm on 24..and I would like to make it 30. Really hoping to cross the Atlantic to see Bruce in either NJ, Philadelphia or New York City. This will likely be my last chance and for once I have readies available to make the trip.

My wife suggested we do a trip to New York City in 2020. I agreed. I said I’d book it as a surprise with no indication of when. So naturally I’m hoping for a Bruce announcement of dates at MSG!

• Like 1

My mum told me Bruce is coming to Australia towards the end of next year. She heard it on the ABC overnight about 2am on Saturday morning.

Sure I don’t believe it, but I don’t reckon Bruce would let down my mum.

As an aside, I take my mum shopping every Saturday morning. She gives me an update of the Bruce Springsteen she has heard on the radio during the week. She only listens to the ABC (our equivalent of the BBC).

I have to try and work out the songs from her descriptions. If it was a game show I would be world champion. This week there were two. My Hometown (it was a song about his hometown) and Atlantic City (he sort of repeated the same thing in the chorus. They were talking about organised crime before they played it).

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Its all going too depend on weather they stsrted this new album or not for all we know it coudl be half way done.

I expect it will rain in Manchester as usual.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, g_harry said:

Someone here mentioned the new spurs stadium for next year as a definite location. I see guns & rose's announced today 

Interesting, if it’s being used for concerts this summer it makes sense Bruce would be a target, especially with Wembley the stadium in use for Euro 2020. And the Spurs chairman will want the stadium used as much as possible in the summer close season. 

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Yeah GnR May 29th @ Spurs Stadium ill be there....!!!! As said above Wembley all booked up for EURO 2020 & the final is also there

Not strictly true that Wembley is out of the running altogether due to Euro 2020. Two Eagles dates and one Westlife one are already announced for there but for later in August.

29 minutes ago, Old English Town said:

Not strictly true that Wembley is out of the running altogether due to Euro 2020. Two Eagles dates and one Westlife one are already announced for there but for later in August.

Thats Aug June & July cant see any 1 else getting in there

3 hours ago, Royston Vasey said:

Sad to see this thread had slipped on to Page 2. Hopes for any tour now seemingly gone......well, a big summer one. Maybe some dates for later during 2020 might come through.....with the main thrust being for 2021 (he says with glass half full).

I think he will tour next year with the E Street Band. 

6 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

I think U.S dates if anything in 2020 then EU 2021 there no hints of them being in studio it would have been picked up by someone on here if so

The talk over on the Spring-Nuts FB page (thanks as always to Stan Goldstein) is that Bruce recorded at his home studio over a 5 day period in November and the album is RUMOURED to be currently in post production. How long this will take...who knows. But I’m still holding out for an Easter release with a short US tour as the album drops, EU summer stadium tour then back to the states in autumn/fall. Faith will be rewarded, right? B)

50 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

The E Street Band will tour in 2020 and it will begin earlier than many are thinking rather than later....Patience everyone.

Based on?

I really doubt there will be Euro dates next summer unless a different tour model is going to be used. There's a decent chance of US dates I think before the end of 2020.