Greasy Lake Community

2020 Tour Rumours thread

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I need 3 more concerts to make it 50 Bruce shows. I don’t want it to end on 47. If it does I will just have to count my three Western Stars cinema shows so I get my half century 

Solo acoustic version of Moonlight Motel and I would be in bits!!

I expect it will rain in Manchester as usual.

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Cecilia Sweden said:

There’s an interview with Bruce in a Swedish newspaper, where he says that yes, they are going to record an album and yes, they are going on tour. And asked if he’s coming to Sweden he says yes. Stockholm or Gothenburg, it doesn’t matter which city. ”Stockholm is a beautiful city”. 
This interview was made in London a couple of days ago. He also says that they are  not going to play the Western Stars songs on the upcoming tour. ”That’s why I made the film”. 

It looks like the Ullevi rumour is based on the news that the stadium is available around Midsummer 2020. I’m holding all my thumbs and toes,  but I wouldn’t bet on it. 

Actually, Ullevi is avaible from June 14th until July 31st 2020 at the moment :) but would loooove a couple of shows there...best shows I've seen has been there :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

It’s not correct unless you don’t pronounce the “h” in hotel. It’s a hotel or an ‘otel.

Do not argue with the grammar/punctuation police. They are never wrong. And I say that from a position of respect.:D

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Do not argue with the grammar/punctuation police. They are never wrong. And I say that from a position of respect.:D

Well, I'll be ... I Googled it. It's 'a' hotel. I always thought it was 'an'. Maybe I need to speak with a French accent 
:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Well, I'll be ... I Googled it. It's 'a' hotel. I always thought it was 'an'. Maybe I need to speak with a French accent 

Remember to book a ryyym in Zat Ohel (speaking i a Frensh accent) :D 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Cecilia Sweden said:

He also says that they are  not going to play the Western Stars songs on the upcoming tour. ”That’s why I made the film”. 

Oh, what a letdown. 

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

It is a French word, so it depends on whether you wish to pronounce as such.  I say both are correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Cecilia Sweden said:

He also says that they are  not going to play the Western Stars songs on the upcoming tour. ”That’s why I made the film”. 

Bugger! Was really hoping we'd get Tucson Train at the very least (Can see that working quite well in a new ESB arrangement!)

• Like 2

On a Glastonbury discussion board I frequent, there are a couple of mentions of Bruce touring next summer. One from someone in a ticketing agency who says he will be all over europe next year and the second from a booker at Anfield who stated they are trying very hard to get him.

Some hopeful types are putting his name forward as a potential headliner based on this type of info.

1 hour ago, red headed woman said:

Solo acoustic version of Moonlight Motel and I would be in bits!!:(

1 hour ago, Walker in the sun said:

Beat me to it! As a show closer. 

I'm not a big fan of this album, but I would be good with this. And Tucson Train. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Harry42 said:

On a Glastonbury discussion board I frequent, there are a couple of mentions of Bruce touring next summer. One from someone in a ticketing agency who says he will be all over europe next year and the second from a booker at Anfield who stated they are trying very hard to get him.

Some hopeful types are putting his name forward as a potential headliner based on this type of info.

Can you imagine the scenes when he inevitably breaks out Twist and Shout?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mad man with a box said:

Bugger! Was really hoping we'd get Tucson Train at the very least (Can see that working quite well in a new ESB arrangement!)

Sleepy Joe's Café seems the most logical song to play with the ESB.

....or with the Seeger Session Band...(and more WS songs too, especially Tucson Train)

• Like 1

Re Ireland next year.....hopefully it will be a re run of 2013, i.e a series of shows across the country, including Belfast :), as opposed to a couple of nights in Dublin. And definitely not Croke Park, too big, sound not good enough. And definitely definitely not an emotional return to Slane - i can see the historical appeal but logistically its an awful venue. 

Got that Aikens:D??

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Silvia said:

Thank you for your encouragement, it means a lot to me...  I know I am not the only one in fear when it comes to purchasing tickets. 

No, you are absolutely not the only one!  I’m nervous and he hasn’t officially announced exact places/dates yet! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Silvia said:

Oh, what a letdown. 

@Cecilia Sweden, I thought he said he wasn’t going to tour around the album, hence the film.  But I’m not sure he meant he won’t ever play anything off WS?  Maybe I’m misremembering. 

I think if he figures a way to play things that sound to his liking/fit with a show, he will.  I hope so anyway!!! 

• Like 1