100yrsOld

Let me introduce myself

7 hours ago, whispered secret said:

We will be down there in a couple of weeks, doubtless walking Oscar (our dog) along that stretch of beach.

The seaside in the winter, love it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

@100yrsOld, in 166 short post, I would guess you have made thousands of new friends. At least you have one with me. I love to see someone new come in as knowledgeable about Bruce and life really. Funny and fun to read. You seem to be a very happy person. Just keep on posting. You will fit in perfectly over in The Palace  I mean Loose Ends. If you are a sports fan check us out over in the Lions Den. 

I am now, finally. It's been such a struggle that I can really appreciate how precious life is, every day, every day and, why not, every post. And now I'm also happy I can share all of this with you all, prove to you that 'hope' isn't just a four letter word and maybe touch you in some way and comfort you if only with a smile. 

What I didn't expect is to get so much in return, thanks to you and many others who showed me a little glimpse of their true self. 

We're not perfect but together we can be better. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

19 hours ago, 100yrsOld said:

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean, but I really hope I haven't overstayed my welcome.

The last few years have been very hard for me, and I don't want to annoy anyone with too many details because I'm sure most of us has, or has had, it's own fair share of problems.

Let me just say that finally, after almost three years, I'm actually feeling better and can wake up in the morning with a smile, hug my son without fearing it'll be the last time I'll hold him in my arms.

This is the reason why now I can finally open up to the world again and be ready to enjoy all the good moments life will grant me.

So here I am, it's been just over a week since I first started my journey on the Lake and every single day has been a special one for me.

I've laughed, cheered, smiled and also spent a few tears of emotion, all this simply sharing a few moments of my day with you, the worldwide enthusiastic community of our beloved Bruce.

You really made me feel welcome, and God knows how much I needed to feel the warmth you gifted me with, I've been able to finally allow myself a bit of peace.

This said, I really hope my own enthusiasm hasn't in some way upset anyone, it's just that it seems right to be here and share my thoughts and feelings with you.

In any case I'll never have enough words to thank you all.

I'm Martin, nice to meet you. :)

dear Mr 100 Martin

you are doing just fine

hell i didn't say a peep for about 6 months :lol:

but after a bumpy beginning i found  im a big fan of overshearing in the seemingly anonymity of the internet (do you have a lemon tree?)

you have been a breath of fresh air 

i beleave a healthy community needs to be diverse and we have all types of different fans here

this was my first experience of being part of an international (or any kind) internet community and just like any community you get out what you put in

im here to make friends and shear my love for Bruce 

im really glad your feeling better and im sorry you have had a rough few years

i have found Bruce is good company durring hard times - i hope he was there for you too

Bruuuuuuuuuuce ! 

Nicky 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

@100yrsOld, in 166 short post, I would guess you have made thousands of new friends. At least you have one with me. I love to see someone new come in as knowledgeable about Bruce and life really. Funny and fun to read. You seem to be a very happy person. Just keep on posting. You will fit in perfectly over in The Palace  I mean Loose Ends. If you are a sports fan check us out over in the Lions Den. 

do you think he watches cricket and rugby Jimmy ? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I did see the All Blacks live once, does that count? :D

• Bruuuuce! 1

On 10/23/2019 at 6:41 PM, Eileen said:

Good old Fatty (one-time Laker I think) lives(d) there, as did my Nana and Auntie Hazel. Therefore, I have relatives over there.

Fatty used to say that folk from Brisbane were as mad as cut snakes. :)

To me anyone who lives in Brisbane has virtually chosen to quit the species.

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2019 at 8:04 PM, 100yrsOld said:

I

I've actually never been because I was waiting for my son to be big enough to enjoy and remember his down under visit.

Now that he's 10 I'm waiting for the Tour dates... :D

They do get a good concert

• Bruuuuce! 2

12 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Thank you again, this means alot after my 'darkness on the verge of nowhere'  years, Bruce was always there, now I am here and I find you here.

It's a long winding spiral where we eventually all meet up.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, 100yrsOld said:

Bruce was always there

Same here my friend.  Same here.  

Wishing you all the very best as you move forward.   

12 hours ago, 100yrsOld said:

I did see the All Blacks live once, does that count? :D

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love Love Love! 1

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew that would make your day! 

• Bruuuuce! 1

On 10/25/2019 at 12:48 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Are those sports I don't know about? :lol:

OK, The All Blacks are sort of the NY Yankees of the Rugby world. Because when you say All Blacks, all know you are talking about the NZ National Team for Rugby. But what about Cricket? Who are the Yankees of the Cricket world? Club or Nation? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

OK, The All Blacks are sort of the NY Yankees of the Rugby world. Because when you say All Blacks, all know you are talking about the NZ National Team for Rugby. But what about Cricket? Who are the Yankees of the Cricket world? Club or Nation? 

To answer your question Jimmy, undoubtedly Australia (the Baggy Greens). They have won 5 out of the 12 World Cups and easily the best Test record, going back to winning the first ever Test in 1877.

But I might have said it in terms of the Yankees being the Baggy Greens of baseball.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

its a very dark time in NZ rugby this week Jimmy (pass the tissues)

England beet us in the semifinals so im backing Steve's boys to win now (us former colonists have to stick together)

Cricket success seems to come in waves. when i was a kid the west Indies were on fire, Pakistan, India. there used to be this joke

what the diffetence betwee. the Sydney harbour bridge and the Australia cricket team ? not everyone has walked over the Sydney harbour bridge

bur Australia has for a long time now ploughed alot of money into the development of younger players (in all.sports) and we are so small, we just never had that kind of money

England and Australia have the longest standing rivalry but Sough Africa and NZ are not to be sneezed at 

in one day cricket Sri Lanka have been very very good.

i guess begrudgenling id call Australia the NY Yankies of cricket but when it comes to beating England im on who ever is the opposing team

6 minutes ago, Kent Guitar said:

To answer your question Jimmy, undoubtedly Australia (the Baggy Greens). They have won 5 out of the 12 World Cups and easily the best Test record, going back to winning the first ever Test in 1877.

But I might have said it in terms of the Yankees being the Baggy Greens of baseball.

a begrudging 'like' if ever i gave one but i remember when you were crap

• Like 1

For you all of you out there

When you need me call my name
Cause without you my life just wouldn't be the same

:)

image.png.131d81c342a18823d646d80dc06c6834.png

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 12:10 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a crowd of 80.000 that day!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 100yrsOld said:

There was a crowd of 80.000 that day!

that'd huge ! 

My candle burns at both ends;

It will not last the night;

But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—

It gives a lovely light!

Do you feel like this at times? 

so you love your Nebraska :)

do you have a favourite Nebraska outake

child bride

It's been hard times but finally, and hopefully, I'm back.

I'm back, and probably the last one to have seen the WS movie, that is last Monday.

Good job I started to feel better in time, started to feel a human being again just a few days before, started to feel the need of his music.
I felt this urge for one song, Tunnel of Love, and as an afterthought, it seems quite proper, it's always the love of my loved ones to pull me out of my dark pit.
Or maybe it was him again and the anticipation of this long awaited WS.
In any case I arrived at the cinema really in bad shape, but finally on the mend.

It's hard to say something new about the beauty of the music, the awesomeness of the  visuals, the coolness of the Man, the hotness of the Lady.
But there is something that I really want to share, something that hit me hard, that is the overall sadness that I felt during the viewing, the sadness of a man that has suffered and finally found peace and the love he fought so much for.
Maybe it's just my personal connection with him, but I really felt overwhelmed by this warm blanket of calm and acceptance of one's own faults and mistakes.
In some ways this WS could have been The Land of Grief and Sorrow, the Dark Side of Bruce, the Diary of An Old Man...

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, 100yrsOld said:

warm blanket of calm and acceptance of one's own faults and mistakes

Acceptance is the crux of the album, I think. Not so much loss or sorrow.

6 hours ago, 100yrsOld said:

It's been hard times but finally, and hopefully, I'm back.

I'm back, and probably the last one to have seen the WS movie, that is last Monday.

Good job I started to feel better in time, started to feel a human being again just a few days before, started to feel the need of his music.
I felt this urge for one song, Tunnel of Love, and as an afterthought, it seems quite proper, it's always the love of my loved ones to pull me out of my dark pit.
Or maybe it was him again and the anticipation of this long awaited WS.
In any case I arrived at the cinema really in bad shape, but finally on the mend.

It's hard to say something new about the beauty of the music, the awesomeness of the  visuals, the coolness of the Man, the hotness of the Lady.
But there is something that I really want to share, something that hit me hard, that is the overall sadness that I felt during the viewing, the sadness of a man that has suffered and finally found peace and the love he fought so much for.
Maybe it's just my personal connection with him, but I really felt overwhelmed by this warm blanket of calm and acceptance of one's own faults and mistakes.
In some ways this WS could have been The Land of Grief and Sorrow, the Dark Side of Bruce, the Diary of An Old Man...

good to see you again

sorry to hear your've been in a bad place

but as the man himself says "....so you walk on through the dark because that's where the nect morning is"

im not sure if the movie is going to get to me :(

every day i google Wanganui western stars (we only have one picture theater but its nice -a multiplex thst plays almost all the movies ) but no sign yet 

so im really glad you got to see it

13 hours ago, Silvia said:

Acceptance is the crux of the album, I think. Not so much loss or sorrow.

I don't know, loss is something that I see in most of Bruce's output, loss of freedom, loss of faith, loss of the loved ones, of life, of humanity.
Also the river has lost its water and now is dry.
And I think the movie ads even more of these feelings to the album, loss of youth and all those good old "John Wayne days".

• Like 1