A Saint in the city

Western Stars - The Movie thread

Looks like someone has filmed this in the cinema.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Looks like someone has filmed this in the cinema.

i have to see this on the big screen

thanks heaps for posting Keith 

26 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

In the cinema, waiting for it to start. Six other people, besides me, sister, nephew and niece. 

ohhhhhhhhhh so excitting 

10 happy people

1 hour ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

In the cinema, waiting for it to start. Six other people, besides me, sister, nephew and niece. 

Gorrilas in the mist.... I mean seats

• Haha 3

On 10/25/2019 at 6:52 PM, Thosisd said:

44547ED4-7C72-4571-854A-E24E5E5BA3DE.jpeg

4961E9E4-BBBD-45C4-8806-6C61C0E64E64.jpeg

This is great news.  I've just ordered the DVD, although no release date yet. Something to look forward to watching again :wub:

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Silly question I know, but I hope this DVD is the whole film? The speaking parts won't be cut out?

Not to worry if they are - I'm sure there'll be another one along in a few weeks' time with them included. ;)

I'm listening to the studio one at the moment. Getting into gear for tomorrow night..

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Well after wasting my ticket earlier this week, I'm going today. As my wife will be going to a baby shower.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 3

2 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Silly question I know, but I hope this DVD is the whole film? The speaking parts won't be cut out?

It should be the movie DVD not the soundtrack of the movie DVD ;)

So... all the chatter... and no clapping in between :D

• Bruuuuce! 1

It better be that and then some for 17 bucks for a matinee.  I've never paid that and by the time I get my big bag of popcorn it will be one expensive matinee.  Christ almighty.

However, Bruce is Bruce and got lotsa tissues packed.  Movie starts in 40 minutes, I expect to have runny eyes in the next couple of hours.

I'm gonna love that barn I am.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

It better be that and then some for 17 bucks for a matinee.  I've never paid that and by the time I get my big bag of popcorn it will be one expensive matinee.  Christ almighty.

However, Bruce is Bruce and got lotsa tissues packed.  Movie starts in 40 minutes, I expect to have runny eyes in the next couple of hours.

I'm gonna love that barn I am.

Our movies start at the same time today, Sally. See you in a couple hours.

• Like 1

I've got whole place to myself at this point dead center fourth row.  The sound, this is gonna be magnifique.

Large bag of popcorn is 9 bucks with an extra dollar for butter.  Ridic.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

I got an AMC giftcard that I want to use, but my local AMC isn't showing the movie yet

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Well after wasting my ticket earlier this week, I'm going today. As my wife will be going to a baby shower.

baby showers are borring

you would not have enjoyed it 

as someone who has no intention of ever having a baby or changing a nappy baby shower conversation can be gross

Woot woot!  After seeing it on Friday with my husband and brother, my son was at my house today and I asked him if he wanted to see it with me on Tuesday.  He said sure. :)

It won’t be on a big screen for long, so it’s best to seize these chances now.  

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

The closest theatre showing the film is about 250 miles from me, I think the same one Pregnant Sally is at today. 

It was well worth the trip.  The orchestra adds so much to the songs and the cinematography was truly beautiful. I really enjoyed seeing and hearing Patti and Bruce singing together, too. 

Bravo Bruce!!

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Too bad we didn't to meet up larf, was close this time.  Had I been able to go yesterday it would be a different story.

So there was me thinkin' I could get away with no tissue use until Moonlight Motel hit, after that, I started bubbling and had to brush away the tears.  Not even the performance itself per se, just the culmination of the film and album coming to an end and the staggering layers of beauty that had been witnessed before it.  And the relationship of husband and wife, as Bruce said himself in one interview, that's a lot of life that's been lived with the two of them.  

So many damned highlights - every single song sounded so freakin' good but the biggest shocker for me was Miracle.  Wow.  

And I loved so much the younger of the two male cello players, his smiles with Bruce and playing on The Wayfarer, also a big wow.  Hitch Hikin', sublime, and Stones is still stuck in me bloody head hours after.  

Patti with her back to the camera swaying with the back up singers was a great moment and I thought she sounded great every where, dunno what people are talking about with MM but maybe I'll hear it when I get the live album - which brings me to say how glad I am I didn't listen first, but I will be getting it no matter the cost coz the beauty of this music played live, sweet musical jezus.  

That barn rocks and is so badass, how great were the tiny lamps on the tables?  The character and the coziness and the grandness, stellar history they got there.  If I were invited as a guest, I'd never leave.  I did see Brian Williams' name listed as one of the guests.  

The old footage was so moving, I'm beyond glad Patti came into Bruce's life and vica versa, as he said in the film, there's no guarantee of marriage but they take it on faith and a day at a time.  The love they share is such a beautiful thing to behold, kudos to her for being such a strong woman and force in his life.  

This album is something special and it was just made more special with the film.

What a guy.  

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1

And Sleepy Joe's, what can I say.  The song that had Seeger similarities with Bruce doing a Seeger style yelp at the end.

This version is a real "fuckin' banger."  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

That's dangerous... Showering a baby

5 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Too bad we didn't to meet up larf, was close this time.  Had I been able to go yesterday it would be a different story.

So there was me thinkin' I could get away with no tissue use until Moonlight Motel hit, after that, I started bubbling and had to brush away the tears.  Not even the performance itself per se, just the culmination of the film and album coming to an end and the staggering layers of beauty that had been witnessed before it.  And the relationship of husband and wife, as Bruce said himself in one interview, that's a lot of life that's been lived with the two of them.  

So many damned highlights - every single song sounded so freakin' good but the biggest shocker for me was Miracle.  Wow.  

And I loved so much the younger of the two male cello players, his smiles with Bruce and playing on The Wayfarer, also a big wow.  Hitch Hikin', sublime, and Stones is still stuck in me bloody head hours after.  

Patti with her back to the camera swaying with the back up singers was a great moment and I thought she sounded great every where, dunno what people are talking about with MM but maybe I'll hear it when I get the live album - which brings me to say how glad I am I didn't listen first, but I will be getting it no matter the cost coz the beauty of this music played live, sweet musical jezus.  

That barn rocks and is so badass, how great were the tiny lamps on the tables?  The character and the coziness and the grandness, stellar history they got there.  If I were invited as a guest, I'd never leave.  I did see Brian Williams' name listed as one of the guests.  

The old footage was so moving, I'm beyond glad Patti came into Bruce's life and vica versa, as he said in the film, there's no guarantee of marriage but they take it on faith and a day at a time.  The love they share is such a beautiful thing to behold, kudos to her for being such a strong woman and force in his life.  

This album is something special and it was just made more special with the film.

What a guy.  

Lovely review, thank you.

Todays the day! Counting down the hours now. Can't remember ever being so excited about a trip to the cinema!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1