Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I seen something in the film I've never seen before. It must be a custom job. Because i just did a quick search on the Internets, with no results. 

But at the beginning of Hitch Hikin, the dude to Bruce's left, our right was playing a 6 string Banjo with a traditional Fender telecaster neck.   

I've seen a few.  They're called Bander Jolecasters.

I'm here all week.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, jukeblue said:

Walsall tomorrow and next Monday

We've arrived in Stratford. Will have a wander and a few bevvies before the 6pm showing

edit - there's a showing in the Bristol area on Wednesday

Don't be turning up drunk! 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, whispered secret said:

This afternoon has really dragged! I have been helping in a charity Christmas card shop and we didn't have many customers! Still, not long to go now.

Horrible day at work, really tired, look forward to hearing what everyone thinks later. 

• Sad 1
36 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I've never seen Bruce wear one hoop and one stud as earrings before.  Liked it.  Liked Patti's jewelry choices too.  

Speaking of attire, I shall be keeping a close eye on his boots.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Jen, you seem to be having too many horrible days at work. I hope everything is ok. 

Yes, I had a week off and still trying to catch up, so a little stressed. :(

But it is almost BOSS TIME. :)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

In fact his whole attire is great, simple black jeans and shirt, great black boots.  Sleek and moody yet simple.  

I LOVE this man... coolest guy on earth 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
34 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

This afternoon has really dragged! I have been helping in a charity Christmas card shop and we didn't have many customers! Still, not long to go now.

would that be a CFGC Mrs Secret?

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

58 days. Wouldn't you believe it. 

• Sad 1

Today for the first time in months I'm not in my usual cheerful mood, something that brings me back to my dark years. 

Stuck at home without the movie, listening to the soundtrack, for the first time WS has opened a door inside me. 

I'm here on my own crying my eyes off and loving this music as never before. 

Up to now it was only reaching my head, now it's into my heart. 

Patti on MM sounds like angel... 

Sorry for the slightly depressing note, I just felt the need to share all this with you. 

I'm already feeling better, but still weeping... 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 4
9 hours ago, The_Magic Rat said:

Is Western Stars just showing today only in most places in the UK?

I had assumed it would run for at least a week. I cant go and watch it tonight :( 

Walsall tomorrow and next Monday

We've arrived in Stratford. Will have a wander and a few bevvies before the 6pm showing