Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

45 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

Over 3/4 full in Stratford. Having to sit down the front. Maybe 60 or 70 here.

This slays me, the difference between here and there - I was the only person sitting in the theater when I posted about it, after the movie was over I turned around and there was one other female solo and a couple.  Four vs. 70, hilarity.  

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

No posters, no threatening letters from Bruce.

Ha, I was looking around half joking (to myself) pre-movie wondering if there any "warnings" around.  

I know how to have some etiquette anyway, but no warnings.  

Almost a full house in Stratford, small cinema, but there must have been 70 odd people which really surprised me. Mr J said I should set up a Stratford Greasy Lake branch!!

Needless to say, I absolutely loved every minute, from the opening shots of the horses through to the sitting on a bar stool credits.

Stones was a revelation with Patti. This song had probably been my least favourite but it really moved me seeing it performed live. I enjoyed Patti's singing on MM too - I thought it was ghost like at the end. I am pleased to have both versions.

And that barn, oh my.

On a sour note, the bloke next to me's phone started ringing right at the start of MM! He was scrabbling round looking for it in his coat pocket, I could have hit him!

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1

Just home. About half full, 40-50 in Brixton. Loved the film, Bruce’s voice beautiful & blended so well with the orchestra. The barn is stunning. Didn’t really feel the need for the interview footage afterwards as had seen most of it already & it brought you back to reality with a bump. Would have preferred a 2nd running of the film!

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Lesley said:

Just home. About half full, 40-50 in Brixton. Loved the film, Bruce’s voice beautiful & blended so well with the orchestra. The barn is stunning. Didn’t really feel the need for the interview footage afterwards as had seen most of it already & it brought you back to reality with a bump. Would have preferred a 2nd running of the film!

Me too! 

That was class. I think virtually every song sounds better in this live setting. Bruce’s commentary or narrative in between songs is a bit on the heavy side! It’s beautifully shot, needs a big screen viewing. Small cinema in west Belfast about half full. 

Loved it. 

• Like 5