Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

55 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Almost a full house in Stratford, small cinema, but there must have been 70 odd people which really surprised me. Mr J said I should set up a Stratford Greasy Lake branch!!

Needless to say, I absolutely loved every minute, from the opening shots of the horses through to the sitting on a bar stool credits.

Stones was a revelation with Patti. This song had probably been my least favourite but it really moved me seeing it performed live. I enjoyed Patti's singing on MM too - I thought it was ghost like at the end. I am pleased to have both versions.

And that barn, oh my.

On a sour note, the bloke next to me's phone started ringing right at the start of MM! He was scrabbling round looking for it in his coat pocket, I could have hit him!

another bloke we need to throw of Keith's bridge 

Did Mr Slippers enjoy it?

the film sounds so amazing 

did it get a bit of publicity in the end with a full house ?

were they Bruce fans or music buffs or the curious ?

ive always found the more movies you go to the more movies you go to - i wounder if the trailer was played a wee bit the last few ?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

Around 70 in Kilmarnock.

The film was beautifully shot, but I personally went in order to hear the music through the large speaker; cinema didn’t have it loud enough for me:angry:.

I Have found out that I prefer listening to this album rather than watching the film, the reason being I found my mind wandering around the visuals and for that reason, I couldn’t concentrate on the music.

Goes to prove the old adage that men can’t do two things at the one time.

I have been wondering if Bruce was maybe lacking the get up and go to deliver his faster songs in concert, but after seeing his enthusiasm during Rhinstone cowboy, my fears have been allayed.

Glad I seen the film, didn’t wait for the q&a.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Aberdeen was almost full. Only a few seats at the front. Must have been a couple of hundred there. I left before the Q&A, hope Brucie didn't turn up in person. Film was brilliant, loved it!! 

• Like 3

I only have one thing to say, loved it. I would have happily watched it again. I know exactly what Jimmy James meant about Bruce's eyes.

Almost a full house and a wide age range.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

I'm thinkin' of starting a thread for our favorite barn interiors.  

And it's actually the barn loft. It maybe over a 100 yo, but there had to be some moderation's made to support the weight that was up there for this movie. It was cool to hear that they had held parties and even weddings up there. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Leeds was pretty much full, nearly 100. It was also showing on another screen at 7:45. Only about two people left before the Q&A.

Beautifully filmed, loved it.

People started to get up and leave and then stopped when they realise there was more.

• Sad 1

I followed Bruce protocol and didn’t stand up and applaud after every song, but bloody hell, I really wanted to. It’s the same songs but it’s a completely different album. He’s got to do some of these songs live hasn’t he?

Fantastic, although though Q&A just felt like padding for the sake of it. I would happily have just watched that (once!) when the Blu-Ray is released.

• Like 7
6 minutes ago, Geordie 99 said:

I followed Bruce protocol and didn’t stand up and applaud after every song, but bloody hell, I really wanted to.

This has just made me realise that I've actually clapped once or twice after a song or two listening to the soundtrack. Jesus, Bruce was right! :lol:

Even after reading these glowing reviews I'm not too fussed that I had to miss tonight's screening. If anything, I'm actually pleased there's something to do with Springsteen I haven't immediately checked out! There's not enough of that with me nowadays. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Geordie 99 said:

I followed Bruce protocol and didn’t stand up and applaud after every song, but bloody hell, I really wanted to. It’s the same songs but it’s a completely different album. He’s got to do some of these songs live hasn’t he?

Fantastic, although though Q&A just felt like padding for the sake of it. I would happily have just watched that (once!) when the Blu-Ray is released.

He has to sing some of them live.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This has just made me realise that I've actually clapped once or twice after a song or two listening to the soundtrack. Jesus, Bruce was right! :lol:

Even after reading these glowing reviews I'm not too fussed that I had to miss tonight's screening. If anything, I'm actually pleased there's something to do with Springsteen I haven't immediately checked out! There's not enough of that with me nowadays. 

I thought of you while watching and thought, Paolo has to see this.

• Like 3

So where was the Q&A shot?

A few clues that it was filmed on the Saturday after Graham Norton and BFI Embankment.

Did he show up at the second screening at the festival or was it a press event?

He seemed more easy going than the Friday night Q&A, although I did miss the “it’s my f-ing  barn” line. 

Also interesting to learn it was filmed in May.

6 minutes ago, Thosisd said:

So where was the Q&A shot?

A few clues that it was filmed on the Saturday after Graham Norton and BFI Embankment.

Did he show up at the second screening at the festival or was it a press event?

He seemed more easy going than the Friday night Q&A, although I did miss the “it’s my f-ing  barn” line. 

Also interesting to learn it was filmed in May.

This was on the Saturday at the screening at the Ham Yard Hotel in Piccadilly