Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Most people will choose a different album as their favourite and let’s be honest there’s a few to rival WS, but I personally think WS is his best work.

After relative flops (by Bruce’s standards) of WOAD and HH in the last decade, most people doubted he could produce an album like this in what is the autumn of his career. But he has produced an album to better most (if not all) of his life’s work in music. Incredible, just incredible. 

7 hours ago, 100yrsOld said:

If WS is his best work this means Bruce has been doing the 'wrong' music for the last five decades... 

Thank you 100yrsOld. 

I turned a new leaf on this album (live). Please don't tell me it's better than BTR, Darkness and or BITUSA. 

I still to this day, think a couple of things. 1. if released when it was suppose to 4-5 years ago, it would have been treated as WOAD. 2. If this album was made by any other artist, we wouldn't have even mentioned it. 

1 hour ago, Tom-Joad said:

If you’re saying that Badlands or Thin Red Line are pretentious, I will just have to disagree. He’s made some of the best movies ever and he could have made a brilliant job with this. 

On the contrary, I love Malick, he is a master in his art. 

But if you add his extremely artistry visual style to such a personal point of view on the world as Bruce's you can only spoil both.

Sometimes less is better. 

9 hours ago, jukeblue said:

UK Screenings still to come (so far)

Tonight and next Monday in Walsall

https://walsall.lightcinemas.co.uk/

Wednesday in Bristol

https://www.watershed.co.uk/

Tuesday 5th November in Barnes (south London)

https://www.olympiccinema.co.uk/

Will keep an eye out for any others as would like to watch it again mid-late November at one of those cinemas that show films on their 2nd run

Looks like the Barnes one is sold out?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Did you look into your crystal ball to predict such a thing?  

Why all this sarcasm? He's just expressing his opinion.

Seriously, you're such a witty and clever commenter, I know you can do better than this. 

4 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

A far better place the world is post smoking ban too.

Except for smokers maybe I guess.

I left that tribe about a year ago thankfully. 

well done Captain :)

and it must be so much nicer for hospitality workers 

49 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Thank you 100yrsOld. 

I turned a new leaf on this album (live). Please don't tell me it's better than BTR, Darkness and or BITUSA. 

I still to this day, think a couple of things. 1. if released when it was suppose to 4-5 years ago, it would have been treated as WOAD. 2. If this album was made by any other artist, we wouldn't have even mentioned it. 

it certainly has similarities to WOAD

but i love that record so i woukd not have minded

but i think you are right 

maybe 5 years ago a significant portion of the fan base would not have been ready for it

i think delaying it was very good marketing 

1 hour ago, Eileen said:

...surrounded by heather-clad nothingness, Dan. ;)

that sounds lovelly :)

from my letter box, i look down the street and behind the next street i see farmland :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

It certainly did.  I don't really like cacti either, but heather wouldn't have fitted Bruce's nothingness, eh? :lol:

what ! :o

reconcile-and-loving-couple-of-cactus-clip-art-vector_csp25493163.jpg

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, 100yrsOld said:

Seriously, you're such a witty and clever commenter, I know you can do better than this. 

Assuming this is a serious comment, sarcasm is often how I like to roll (whether someone is merely expressing their opinion matters not as that's all we are doing here) though my post wasn't even necessarily that - it was an honest question.  For anyone to imply that if an album was done by someone else it wouldn't be mentioned is an impossibility to even know, hence the crystal ball comment.  Silly to imply also as lots of us have so many varied tastes.  

And Jimbo knows how to take me regardless so there's that.  

19 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

For anyone to imply that if an album was done by someone else it wouldn't be mentioned is an impossibility to even know

If everybody posted only accurate facts this board would be pretty empty. 

So it seems quite obvious that most of the time it's all about educated guesses... 

I do appreciate sarcasm, and it may also feel as a 'cool' attitude, but sometimes it's just uneccessary. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 100yrsOld said:

:lol:, Now you are showing your "rookieness" (I know it's not a word). It's Kay, I mean Sally, I mean Kay. :lol: 

• Like 1

I can't predict that but you said other artists, that we wouldn't even be mentioning the album.  

Masterpiece is a different entity altogether.  Your initial view on the album has clouded what others feel - you negate the love by saying if it were someone else we couldn't give it the same praise.  

17 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

:lol:, Now you are showing your "rookieness" (I know it's not a word). It's Kay, I mean Sally, I mean Kay. :lol:

:lol:do not underestimate the power of the dark side:lol:

3 hours ago, Rizla said:

Not really tempted to buy another CD version,

I thought the same thing.  Until I heard a few from the film on EStreet Radio.  

Drove myself straight to Barns and Nobel... 

• Bruuuuce! 3
13 minutes ago, 100yrsOld said:

As far as you show the proper respect for everyone I don't see any problems. 

Well that's good.  I'll check with you before I post in the future to see if my posts are respectful enough.

You can be my proof reader so hope your 100 year old eyes are holdin' up.  

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1