Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

18 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Bottom line is you thought you were getting something that you didn’t, and that’s extremely disappointing.  

Yes .... and besides that, Bruce didn't seem to put the thought into it that he might have done.

On the second round of the Wrecking Ball tour, when Bruce decided to do full album shows in countries that had already been visited on the tour, he played different albums at the different venues.  There were three shows in England:  Wembley got Darkness, Coventry got BTR and Olympic Park got BITUSA.  (Cardiff, Glasgow and Belfast got Wrecking Ball mixed sets as it was the first visit of the WB tour to Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland.)

So I expected that even if I didn't get a full album River show, Bruce would be sure to play every song over the three English venues, in the same way he had not repeated the full album shows there.  He could so easily have done that.  It would have pleased so many of us as lots of fans went to all three English shows.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Does it count that I mentioned the drumming in my review? Or did I have to outright mention the drummer:lol:

721df0454ebce82b2b21ace0ab59be54.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1
2 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

Ain’t going to get to see it in Memphis more or less lost a day yesterday with horrendous rain, buses off etc, catching up with other stuff today dry now but bloody freezing 5c and a cold wind. Not expected for Memphis

My friend in St Louis, was telling me how cold it is. I hope it improves for you.

1 hour ago, Silvia said:

My apologies, I have to pay more attention. :D

no dear

no apologies

as you have now reinforced Promise's observations in my mind so i can somehow remember to take note of him

so thank you 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Silvia said:

721df0454ebce82b2b21ace0ab59be54.jpg

i remember @Paolo's Circus Story saying that know you all mention it

my mum was a seasoned orchestra goer 

she always booked tickets with the best view of the precision section 

my little niece  takes after her and absolutly loves the drums

my sister wishes she had got to see Max play when Bruce came to Chch 

(i am reminded of this because she has an Animal toy (she is 9)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Silvia said:

I was never prouder to be a fan.

My sentiment exactly.  The whole WS project culminating in this beautiful, moving film is absolutely the jewel of the crown of his career.  He is a visionary.  WS is his legacy.  

I also didn't cry much during the first watch but cried through much of the second viewing.  

Glad you were able to see it a theater.  

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

I went to see the Western Stars movie last night. What a unique way to present a new album. It was different than expected but in a very good way. I already really liked the songs but after the movie, I like them even more. Definitely added a different perspective to the album which was already musically lust with these orchestral arrangements but now to add the visual as well. I thought it was well put together and extremely tasteful

• Like 8
On 10/30/2019 at 3:19 AM, 100yrsOld said:

Why all this sarcasm? He's just expressing his opinion.

Seriously, you're such a witty and clever commenter, I know you can do better than this. 

Seriously, you're need to commentate and opine on everybody else comments is just too much.In such a short space of time you appear to have taken over this board...I have to block you. I hope I can. Sorry.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
On 10/29/2019 at 7:39 AM, Promise61 said:

Damn, I missed the parts last night where he took his shirt off and rode a horse.

He never did ride the horse. He just led it around.

I won't get on one of those dangerous beasts either.

• Haha 1

I sent the clip of Rhinestone Cowboy to a friend of mine yesterday. I have just woken up to his reply, which really made me laugh - 'what a guy, 70 years old and he still has it. I don't bat & bowl, but if I did he would get me all mulligatawny!' 

• Haha 5
37 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

If I had the money, I would love to learn to ride.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

That's how much attention I was paying to that little vanity project.

I must have mixed him up with Putin.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

they smell nice but you can't trust them  

i read this story in a speights ale house that back in the day the brewery had very fine teams of horses to deliver the beer to pubs

a man  was so impressed by how beautiful they were he hires them to take ( i can't find the story - im going on memory) either the bride to the church or the married couples home from the church - not sure if he was the groom or the bride's dad

the horses stopped at each and every pub on the way 

anyway im a terrible story teller :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2