Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

12 hours ago, Promise61 said:

That's how much attention I was paying to that little vanity project.

You say vanity project; I say thank you Bruce, from the bottom of my heart, for giving us a beautifully shot mini move of a song I absolutely love.  

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

On 10/28/2019 at 9:45 PM, Stranger in town said:

Around 70 in Kilmarnock.

The film was beautifully shot, but I personally went in order to hear the music through the large speaker; cinema didn’t have it loud enough for me:angry:.

I Have found out that I prefer listening to this album rather than watching the film, the reason being I found my mind wandering around the visuals and for that reason, I couldn’t concentrate on the music.

Goes to prove the old adage that men can’t do two things at the one time.

I have been wondering if Bruce was maybe lacking the get up and go to deliver his faster songs in concert, but after seeing his enthusiasm during Rhinstone cowboy, my fears have been allayed.

Glad I seen the film, didn’t wait for the q&a.

Killie?! Good afternoon, neighbour.

51 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

You say vanity project; I say thank you Bruce, from the bottom of my heart, for giving us a beautifully shot mini move of a song I absolutely love.  

that Hunter film was a pure gift :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2
1 hour ago, rosiejaneymary said:

That too.

But he was in great shape for his age and felt the need to show the world

Vanity.

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

That too.

But he was in great shape for his age and felt the need to show the world

Vanity.

Or... 

He didn’t mind the shirt off because he was in fact in great shape, and simply agreed to do it.  

Sorry, I don’t buy into the ‘vanity’ narrative.  

On 10/29/2019 at 2:18 PM, kevharrison said:

Patti did smoke. I saw her at Milton Keynes ‘93 backstage with a couple others smoking during the acoustic part at the start of the show.

Always thought Patti was smokin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
15 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

How would they even know that?  Oh yeah, they wouldn't.  And what a strange thing to pit one against the other, or to compare the two when really their music is vastly different a lot of the time.  

I feel the same when Bruce is pitted with the likes of Dylan, Cohen, Waits, Wilson etc etc....like Bruce all of them are/were brilliant songwriters but all totally unique in their styles from Bruce. It all comes down to what style and type of song you personally prefer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
21 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

How would they even know that?  Oh yeah, they wouldn't.  And what a strange thing to pit one against the other, or to compare the two when really their music is vastly different a lot of the time.  

Yup. Two sides of the same coin, I would say though. 

That last spoken word, Pilgrim...was he talking to me, I wonder?

Just 2 weeks ago I finished my 2400 km of pilgrimate to Santiago de Compostella in Spain, spread out over 4 years.

I know well, it's not to be taken literally! More of a metaphor, for searching, searching of sense in life, trying to something good, whatever you might call it....

Bruce as fabulous as so many times speaking to our soul, resonating universally in our spirits. 

Like for so a many for us, it was not easy to find a screeing. At least it wasn't as impossible like BOB...I smiled more and more today, sitting in the cinema, first time for this movie. Watching the concentrated and also joyful faces of the musicians, their art, the visual effects, the landscapes, the wonderful cut and in the same time calm flow of the movie.

This is rolling again now in my inner view, as I sit in my living room, with headphones on, listening again to the film version of WS.

Patty had some paparazzi pictures this summer from Italy not so much to her advantage.... but how she shined here. Bruce really wrote a visual love letter in form of this movie, too.

Chasing wild horses, sundown, there goes my miracle, hello sunshine, Rhinestone Cowboy were my personal highlights, this very much just for the sentiment and emotional strenght.

Oh, another personal highlight: Bruce Springsteen, seemingly betraying his age again. He's creating art in its pure form, again. What a different experience.

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, Pregnant Sally said:

It's a performance film, companion movie if you will.  If your question is even serious, no actors and thick plot taking place.  

Thanks for the response. It was 100% a serious question. I have seen a couple of his interviews for the movie but still did not completely get it. Then I saw people here talking about a guy sweeping and that confused me even more. 

49 minutes ago, red headed woman said:

I'm lucky enough to be going again tonight but alone this time. I'm interested to see how it feels second time round and I'm already chuckling to myself about seeing the guy sweeping the floor again!!:D

Keep an eye on that pile of dirt. I'm worried about it. I have my suspicions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, red headed woman said:

I'm lucky enough to be going again tonight but alone this time. I'm interested to see how it feels second time round and I'm already chuckling to myself about seeing the guy sweeping the floor again!!:D

You would have thought that Bruce and Patti instead of yacking away at each sitting at the bar might have offered to help the guy !

He seemed to be taking forever to sweep up whatever it was that he was sweeping up !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1