A Saint in the city

Western Stars - The Movie thread

Old Father Time sweeping up one's 'leftovers'?

• Like 3

I think he was one of us & he was just trying to eavesdrop & find out when the next album/tour was happening.

• Haha 9

I can report back on sweep gate!!

He started at the back and swept stuff in to the middle and then he picked up a bottle and stood it up and then the next shot the dirt was further back and there was no bottle then the next shot it was back in the middle again with the bottle and he found another bottle but then it was all at the back again and he put down the brush and walked off!!! Meanwhile Bruce and Patti were gazing fondly at each other at the bar like nobody else was there it was so funny :D

Oh and the film was brilliant the second time round !!:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3
  • Haha 1

you would not beleave it :wacko:

its finally up on flicks NZ

its screening in Porirua - where we used to live

one showing 8.30 pm

nothing yet for Wanganui 

must remain positive it will make it here 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, red headed woman said:

I can report back on sweep gate!!

He started at the back and swept stuff in to the middle and then he picked up a bottle and stood it up and then the next shot the dirt was further back and there was no bottle then the next shot it was back in the middle again with the bottle and he found another bottle but then it was all at the back again and he put down the brush and walked off!!! Meanwhile Bruce and Patti were gazing fondly at each other at the bar like nobody else was there it was so funny :D

Oh and the film was brilliant the second time round !!:rolleyes:

I was the only one laughing in the cinema and people were looking at me sideways - I guess only I saw the humor. All the others were fascinated by the credits rolling over the poor guy's efforts, I guess.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

I was the only one laughing in the cinema and people were looking at me sideways - I guess only I saw the humor. All the others were fascinated by the credits rolling over the poor guy's efforts, I guess.

You didn’t clap, did you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

Nope.

Thank goodness. I didn’t want you getting visited in the middle of the night by anonymous grown men in black suits and sunglasses with a bandana hanging out of one back pocket and a red hat hanging out of the other.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Thank goodness. I didn’t want you getting visited in the middle of the night by anonymous grown men in black suits and sunglasses with a bandana hanging out of one back pocket and a red hat hanging out of the other.

Me and the other three people in the theater, Bruuuuuuce'd at the very beginning of the show. Than that was it!

But Jertucky, you should go see this film. I was with you on this album, didn't care for it. I went to see, for the most part, just to talk about it here. But the film really changed the way I looked at the album. Have to admit, I deleted the studio album and downloaded this live version. It may have the same effect with you, if you give it a chance? 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Me and the other three people in the theater, Bruuuuuuce'd at the very beginning of the show. Than that was it!

But Jertucky, you should go see this film. I was with you on this album, didn't care for it. I went to see, for the most part, just to talk about it here. But the film really changed the way I looked at the album. Have to admit, I deleted the studio album and downloaded this live version. It may have the same effect with you, if you give it a chance? 

I knew you would like it in the end. :)

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I have to comment how happy your post made me. :)

You weren't impressed with the album, went to the cinema open-minded nonetheless, and are now admiting you have changed your mind. Great attitude!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

this post is almost as good as the two kittens on their new winter beds :wub:

when i first heard the live album i reallu hoped you would enjoy it 

im soooo looking forward to the movie

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I definitely will not pay to see it in a theater. If I came across it on TV I’m sure I’d give it a look but as good as Bruce is live I just can’t see me enjoying it at all. The music is just so farcical that I don’t think I could get past it. I listened to Rhinestone Cowboy yesterday and it just sounded ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Jertucky said:

I listened to Rhinestone Cowboy yesterday and it just sounded ridiculous. 

My local radio station is playing it while I type, sounded waaaaay better in the theater unsurprisingly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Incident on 57th St said:

Noticed there are more UK showings. My local has it on 14 Nov and Showcase Cardiff has it EVERY NIGHT 8 - 14 Nov!! Might go and watch it again or shall I just wait for the bluray. Hmm...decisions...

https://www.westernstarstickets.co.uk/

It's on in Solihull, which is not too far. Might go again...

• Like 3

It just started playing at the indie theatre here which is cheap and close and near my watering hole - how can I not go again?  

When it was first coming, it was so limited here everyone rushed out and now they keep extending it, kinda like Broadway and tours.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Incident on 57th St said:

Noticed there are more UK showings. My local has it on 14 Nov and Showcase Cardiff has it EVERY NIGHT 8 - 14 Nov!! Might go and watch it again or shall I just wait for the bluray. Hmm...decisions...

Go and then watch the DVD.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Incident on 57th St said:

Oh FFS.  Now it's on in TWO more cinemas in Oxford, and a lot cheaper too.  That has made me very cross indeed.  Shitty way to treat people.

• Sad 1

I've never even heard of a movie being extended like that.  Normally when the listing of a film comes out that's it, no adjustments, no extensions.  

Weird.  

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Oh FFS.  Now it's on in TWO more cinemas in Oxford, and a lot cheaper too.  That has made me very cross indeed.  Shitty way to treat people.

On again in my town, not sure how much it is.

On 11/6/2019 at 12:26 AM, Jertucky said:

I definitely will not pay to see it in a theater. If I came across it on TV I’m sure I’d give it a look but as good as Bruce is live I just can’t see me enjoying it at all. The music is just so farcical that I don’t think I could get past it. I listened to Rhinestone Cowboy yesterday and it just sounded ridiculous. 

If I was 50/50 about going to see it then Rhinestone Cowboy certainly made the decision not to go alot easier,I wouldn't necessarily say it's ridiculous,there is no shame in trying to cover a song & not being able to pull it off,the ridiculous part is nobody saying erm.. Bruce you really think this is a good idea but then with Hitch Hikin' being committed to record I guess all bets are off in that department,I feel like the boy in the emperor's new clothes in the face of all the love here & I'm happy for all those that love it but personally for all his talk of magic tricks I think this is the biggest one he's achieved.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Laughing, @High As Hope, as I often feel like that about Bruce stuff. :D

Or, rather, the reactions to whatever it is.