Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

I can report back on sweep gate!!

He started at the back and swept stuff in to the middle and then he picked up a bottle and stood it up and then the next shot the dirt was further back and there was no bottle then the next shot it was back in the middle again with the bottle and he found another bottle but then it was all at the back again and he put down the brush and walked off!!! Meanwhile Bruce and Patti were gazing fondly at each other at the bar like nobody else was there it was so funny :D

Oh and the film was brilliant the second time round !!:rolleyes:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

you would not beleave it :wacko:

its finally up on flicks NZ

its screening in Porirua - where we used to live

one showing 8.30 pm

nothing yet for Wanganui 

must remain positive it will make it here 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, red headed woman said:

I can report back on sweep gate!!

He started at the back and swept stuff in to the middle and then he picked up a bottle and stood it up and then the next shot the dirt was further back and there was no bottle then the next shot it was back in the middle again with the bottle and he found another bottle but then it was all at the back again and he put down the brush and walked off!!! Meanwhile Bruce and Patti were gazing fondly at each other at the bar like nobody else was there it was so funny :D

Oh and the film was brilliant the second time round !!:rolleyes:

I was the only one laughing in the cinema and people were looking at me sideways - I guess only I saw the humor. All the others were fascinated by the credits rolling over the poor guy's efforts, I guess.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

I was the only one laughing in the cinema and people were looking at me sideways - I guess only I saw the humor. All the others were fascinated by the credits rolling over the poor guy's efforts, I guess.

You didn’t clap, did you?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

Nope.

Thank goodness. I didn’t want you getting visited in the middle of the night by anonymous grown men in black suits and sunglasses with a bandana hanging out of one back pocket and a red hat hanging out of the other.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

Thank goodness. I didn’t want you getting visited in the middle of the night by anonymous grown men in black suits and sunglasses with a bandana hanging out of one back pocket and a red hat hanging out of the other.

Me and the other three people in the theater, Bruuuuuuce'd at the very beginning of the show. Than that was it!

But Jertucky, you should go see this film. I was with you on this album, didn't care for it. I went to see, for the most part, just to talk about it here. But the film really changed the way I looked at the album. Have to admit, I deleted the studio album and downloaded this live version. It may have the same effect with you, if you give it a chance? 

 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

Me and the other three people in the theater, Bruuuuuuce'd at the very beginning of the show. Than that was it!

But Jertucky, you should go see this film. I was with you on this album, didn't care for it. I went to see, for the most part, just to talk about it here. But the film really changed the way I looked at the album. Have to admit, I deleted the studio album and downloaded this live version. It may have the same effect with you, if you give it a chance? 

 

I knew you would like it in the end. :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Me and the other three people in the theater, Bruuuuuuce'd at the very beginning of the show. Than that was it!

But Jertucky, you should go see this film. I was with you on this album, didn't care for it. I went to see, for the most part, just to talk about it here. But the film really changed the way I looked at the album. Have to admit, I deleted the studio album and downloaded this live version. It may have the same effect with you, if you give it a chance? 

 

I have to comment how happy your post made me. :)

You weren't impressed with the album, went to the cinema open-minded nonetheless, and are now admiting you have changed your mind. Great attitude!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Me and the other three people in the theater, Bruuuuuuce'd at the very beginning of the show. Than that was it!

But Jertucky, you should go see this film. I was with you on this album, didn't care for it. I went to see, for the most part, just to talk about it here. But the film really changed the way I looked at the album. Have to admit, I deleted the studio album and downloaded this live version. It may have the same effect with you, if you give it a chance? 

 

this post is almost as good as the two kittens on their new winter beds :wub:

when i first heard the live album i reallu hoped you would enjoy it 

im soooo looking forward to the movie

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Me and the other three people in the theater, Bruuuuuuce'd at the very beginning of the show. Than that was it!

But Jertucky, you should go see this film. I was with you on this album, didn't care for it. I went to see, for the most part, just to talk about it here. But the film really changed the way I looked at the album. Have to admit, I deleted the studio album and downloaded this live version. It may have the same effect with you, if you give it a chance? 

 

I definitely will not pay to see it in a theater. If I came across it on TV I’m sure I’d give it a look but as good as Bruce is live I just can’t see me enjoying it at all. The music is just so farcical that I don’t think I could get past it. I listened to Rhinestone Cowboy yesterday and it just sounded ridiculous. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Incident on 57th St said:

Noticed there are more UK showings. My local has it on 14 Nov and Showcase Cardiff has it EVERY NIGHT 8 - 14 Nov!! Might go and watch it again or shall I just wait for the bluray. Hmm...decisions...

https://www.westernstarstickets.co.uk/

 

It's on in Solihull, which is not too far. Might go again...

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It just started playing at the indie theatre here which is cheap and close and near my watering hole - how can I not go again?  

When it was first coming, it was so limited here everyone rushed out and now they keep extending it, kinda like Broadway and tours.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Incident on 57th St said:

Noticed there are more UK showings. My local has it on 14 Nov and Showcase Cardiff has it EVERY NIGHT 8 - 14 Nov!! Might go and watch it again or shall I just wait for the bluray. Hmm...decisions...

https://www.westernstarstickets.co.uk/

 

Oh FFS.  Now it's on in TWO more cinemas in Oxford, and a lot cheaper too.  That has made me very cross indeed.  Shitty way to treat people.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Oh FFS.  Now it's on in TWO more cinemas in Oxford, and a lot cheaper too.  That has made me very cross indeed.  Shitty way to treat people.

On again in my town, not sure how much it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 12:26 AM, Jertucky said:

I definitely will not pay to see it in a theater. If I came across it on TV I’m sure I’d give it a look but as good as Bruce is live I just can’t see me enjoying it at all. The music is just so farcical that I don’t think I could get past it. I listened to Rhinestone Cowboy yesterday and it just sounded ridiculous. 

If I was 50/50 about going to see it then Rhinestone Cowboy certainly made the decision not to go alot easier,I wouldn't necessarily say it's ridiculous,there is no shame in trying to cover a song & not being able to pull it off,the ridiculous part is nobody saying erm.. Bruce you really think this is a good idea but then with Hitch Hikin' being committed to record I guess all bets are off in that department,I feel like the boy in the emperor's new clothes in the face of all the love here & I'm happy for all those that love it but personally for all his talk of magic tricks I think this is the biggest one he's achieved.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...