Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

didnt manage to see it on holiday for one reason or another for instance some clot forget his driving licence so couldnt hire a car so had to change a few plans at last minute, so i will wait till dvd out, will listen to cd soundtrack for now

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Rizla said:

Oh FFS.  Now it's on in TWO more cinemas in Oxford, and a lot cheaper too.  That has made me very cross indeed.  Shitty way to treat people.

I would agree...i thought it was a one night only special when I saw on 28 Oct and therefore understood and accepted it being a expensive ticket than a regular movie. As far as I can see it is billed as an EVENT hence unique pricing. Our local cinema chains are only £4.99 for movies usually but not this film.

28 minutes ago, Incident on 57th St said:
17 hours ago, Rizla said:

Oh FFS.  Now it's on in TWO more cinemas in Oxford, and a lot cheaper too.  That has made me very cross indeed.  Shitty way to treat people.

I would agree...i thought it was a one night only special when I saw on 28 Oct and therefore understood and accepted it being a expensive ticket than a regular movie. As far as I can see it is billed as an EVENT hence unique pricing. Our local cinema chains are only £4.99 for movies usually but not this film.

It's not only that, it's that we've missed the opportunity to meet up and watch it with forum friends - because it wasn't originally advertised as showing in Oxford which is the most convenient venue for us all.

• Sad 2
25 minutes ago, Rizla said:

It's not only that, it's that we've missed the opportunity to meet up and watch it with forum friends - because it wasn't originally advertised as showing in Oxford which is the most convenient venue for us all.

Not good...same frustration when tour dates are drip fed

• Like 2
5 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

didnt manage to see it on holiday for one reason or another for instance some clot forget his driving licence so couldnt hire a car so had to change a few plans at last minute, so i will wait till dvd out, will listen to cd soundtrack for now

Thorpe Park, Leeds Odeon next Thursday at 7pm

On 11/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, Incident on 57th St said:

Noticed there are more UK showings. My local has it on 14 Nov and Showcase Cardiff has it EVERY NIGHT 8 - 14 Nov!! Might go and watch it again or shall I just wait for the bluray. Hmm...decisions...

https://www.westernstarstickets.co.uk/

isnt the showcase the one that is actually in NantGarw so not really in cardiff

24 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Thorpe Park, Leeds Odeon next Thursday at 7pm

yea thanks but having listened to the soundtrack album driving 20 miles to watch it dosent really interest me, i will wait for dvd maybe. or maybe ive spent enough on an album im not that fond off already

My family wants to go to the movies tomorrow (not for western stars, because why would they.) The western stars showing at the theatre is way too early, but previous nights made the showings later so here's hoping they'll bump WS to line up with the movie my family wants to see so we can both see what we want and be done around the same time.

Also, not waiting til it comes home, because this is the home experience for movies (and since it's something I want to see, we'll get to it by this time next year)

Dad complaining that this is fuckin stupid and snoring like a pig

Mom telling everyone to stay off phones, then playing a game at full brightness.

Brother doesn't care, so he isn't there

Dog going fucking ham on a bone or toy.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, lilbud said:

My family wants to go to the movies tomorrow (not for western stars, because why would they.) The western stars showing at the theatre is way too early, but previous nights made the showings later so here's hoping they'll bump WS to line up with the movie my family wants to see so we can both see what we want and be done around the same time.

Also, not waiting til it comes home, because this is the home experience for movies (and since it's something I want to see, we'll get to it by this time next year)

Dad complaining that this is fuckin stupid and snoring like a pig

Mom telling everyone to stay off phones, then playing a game at full brightness.

Brother doesn't care, so he isn't there

Dog going fucking ham on a bone or toy.

oh dear

i feel your pain

im going to ask Father Christmas 

one year he actually wanted to buy me the darkness box set but i knew i couldn't wait till Christmas (i probably got some dumb computer thing i didn't appreate instead - i often got upgrades for xmas)

2 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

I am still trying to coax Amazon Germany into providing the DVD or blue ray of the film, but no use. Never heard of it.

If it doesn't turn up, I am quite happy to order two copies and post one to you - just let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, berlintramp said:

I am still trying to coax Amazon Germany into providing the DVD or blue ray of the film, but no use. Never heard of it.

how does Amazon work when you have your own ? (one for your country) is it cheaper than UK Amazon ?

are you then not allowed to buy from other locations ?

i only buy from USA because of the freightening exchange rate 

On 11/7/2019 at 7:01 PM, stevie54uk said:

yea thanks but having listened to the soundtrack album driving 20 miles to watch it dosent really interest me, i will wait for dvd maybe. or maybe ive spent enough on an album im not that fond off already

You have got to go and see it. It really is worth it...it's brilliant whether you like the album or not. Big screen, big sound, big Bruce. This will never happen again... 20 miles is nothing. Please go. I'd have gnawed off a bollock for something like this over the years. 

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

how does Amazon work when you have your own ? (one for your country) is it cheaper than UK Amazon ?

are you then not allowed to buy from other locations ?

i only buy from USA because of the freightening exchange rate 

Of course I could have it shipped from the UK but it would take longer and be more expensive because of currency exchange.

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, Elbow said:

You have got to go and see it. It really is worth it...it's brilliant whether you like the album or not. Big screen, big sound, big Bruce. This will never happen again... 20 miles is nothing. Please go. I'd have gnawed off a bollock for something like this over the years. 

i just cant rustle up enough enthusiasm im afraid especially at nearly 16 quid a ticket

• Like 1