A Saint in the city

Western Stars - The Movie thread

no sign of the blue ray it when i Google NZ 

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

well again it's over 54 New Zealand dollars list price. $54.54 according to the U.S.D. to New Zealand dollar calculator.

comes out here the 19th.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

well again it's over 54 New Zealand dollars list price. $54.54 according to the U.S.D. to New Zealand dollar calculator.

comes out here the 19th.

plus outragouse shipping

ill have to wait till its released here

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ozboss1999 said:

Is this likely to be streamed somewhere in the future?

Yes - Comcast will have it, I think for $15.99.

and I think Google will have it too for about the same

not sure where else if other ones

• Like 1

cacti securing front row seats for the Western stars movie 

they are watching mysteries at the museum

15762335023601576503065.jpg

On 12/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Sanity in Australia have it up on their website now with release date 15th January

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Sanity in Australia have it up on their website now with release date 15th January

well at least its comming

i would prefer not to use a big corporate but JB Hi Fi have $2 postage and they have bricks and mortar stores where they actually still  have a music dept so that will probably who I'll use 

i see they have a cd with both versions of WS but no movie yet

5 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

well at least its comming

i would prefer not to use a big corporate but JB Hi Fi have $2 postage and they have bricks and mortar stores where they actually still  have a music dept so that will probably who I'll use 

i see they have a cd with both versions of WS but no movie yet

JB Hi Fi, at least from my perspective, are a disappointment now in terms of the bricks and mortar. 

When they first came on the scene, their in-store selections were mind blowing. Where other stores would have 3 or 4 titles for any particular artist, JB would always have pretty much at least one of every album in the artists catalogue. (Well, it would with those artists like Bruce whose catalogues I knew well, so I assume most if not all artists were similar). Albums unavailable anywhere else physically were available there. This drove the independent stores and smaller chains like Muses out of business. At that point, with the competition largely removed, the in store range at JB dropped considerably. 

Now, of course, online streaming is further eroding the physical product and more and more floor space in JB stores is going over to their electronics side of the business.  Although, to be fair, their vinyl section is blooming. I'm not a buyer in that market, although I do get a buzz from looking at those suckers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

JB Hi Fi, at least from my perspective, are a disappointment now in terms of the bricks and mortar. 

When they first came on the scene, their in-store selections were mind blowing. Where other stores would have 3 or 4 titles for any particular artist, JB would always have pretty much at least one of every album in the artists catalogue. (Well, it would with those artists like Bruce whose catalogues I knew well, so I assume most if not all artists were similar). Albums unavailable anywhere else physically were available there. This drove the independent stores and smaller chains like Muses out of business. At that point, with the competition largely removed, the in store range at JB dropped considerably. 

Now, of course, online streaming is further eroding the physical product and more and more floor space in JB stores is going over to their electronics side of the business.  Although, to be fair, their vinyl section is blooming. I'm not a buyer in that market, although I do get a buzz from looking at those suckers.

You need to visit the album cover art thread in the amusement park

I miss my little independent record (cd) store in the Tawa Dressmart mall a short train ride or a gentle pleasent hours walk from my house 

It shifted to Upper Hutt

They used to get in all my Bruce back in the day JLM forgot about NZ

That's bad about JBs killing off the inderpendents

We don't have a record shop in Wanganui and the hidouse big box red shed The Warehouse hardly stocks much music outside of new releases

If postage and the exchange rate wasn't such an issue id go back to shopping at backstreets 

Amazon Germany still remains ignorant of any Bruce-film called Western Stars, whether on DVD or blue ray. If they don't wake up, I'll have to order from Amazon UK, although the British Isles have finally cut themselves off from Europe and want to blossom in splendid isolation :(

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

Amazon Germany still remains ignorant of any Bruce-film called Western Stars, whether on DVD or blue ray. If they don't wake up, I'll have to order from Amazon UK, although the British Isles have finally cut themselves off from Europe and want to blossom in splendid isolation :(

Maybe I'll get a commonwealth family discount ? 

(Highly unlikely)

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

You need to visit the album cover art thread in the amusement park

I miss my little independent record (cd) store in the Tawa Dressmart mall a short train ride or a gentle pleasent hours walk from my house 

It shifted to Upper Hutt

They used to get in all my Bruce back in the day JLM forgot about NZ

That's bad about JBs killing off the inderpendents

We don't have a record shop in Wanganui and the hidouse big box red shed The Warehouse hardly stocks much music outside of new releases

If postage and the exchange rate wasn't such an issue id go back to shopping at backstreets 

Oh, I'm well acquainted with album art. I have my vinyl collection from it's heyday in a cupboard. Pouring over that album cover art when playing a vinyl record was a big part of my formative music listening years.

I'm a Spotify subscriber, having possibly (at a guess) two thirds of all released popular music at my fingertips for a cost per month equivalent to slightly over half the price of a brand new single CD is too good a deal. I listen on my Samsung tablet and stare at the album art picture while doing so. Yeah, I know the artists get diddly squat money wise from this. I still buy physical product for my absolute faves like Bruce and Cold Chisel. And I never download to my device, I always stream... so if I play Western Stars three times in a row, Bruce gets whatever pittance he gets for a stream each time, not just once. But... it's just too good a deal for me personally as a consumer to not embrace

22 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Oh, I'm well acquainted with album art. I have my vinyl collection from it's heyday in a cupboard. Pouring over that album cover art when playing a vinyl record was a big part of my formative music listening years.

I'm a Spotify subscriber, having possibly (at a guess) two thirds of all released popular music at my fingertips for a cost per month equivalent to slightly over half the price of a brand new single CD is too good a deal. I listen on my Samsung tablet and stare at the album art picture while doing so. Yeah, I know the artists get diddly squat money wise from this. I still buy physical product for my absolute faves like Bruce and Cold Chisel. And I never download to my device, I always stream... so if I play Western Stars three times in a row, Bruce gets whatever pittance he gets for a stream each time, not just once. But... it's just too good a deal for me personally as a consumer to not embrace

I dont think id be clever enough to stream :lol:

DVD dispatched and showing as 'Arriving Monday', but things often arrive earlier than the stated date (delivery driver's sat nav permitting!)

• Like 1

Blu-Ray turned up yesterday, courtesy of those nice people in Cheltenham. Mrs D and I have agreed to sit down tomorrow evening. (That damn Strictly...... getting in the way tonight!)

Vinyl turned up too, had a couple of listens this morning. Confirms my thoughts re the poor sound quality at the cinema in Swindon. Hell, even Patti’s contributions sound ok now.

• Like 3

The sound is better somehow on the blu ray. The test was Patti’s vocals on her lines in Stones. Definitely a lot smoother than the recent audio release. A few subtle differences with the audio, no applause after western stars. No chuckle after Hitch Hikin’. No spoken intro to Chasin’ Wild Horses. And I didn’t notice Bruce’s voice break in Hello Sunshine like on the CD. Just a better sound overall or so it seemed to me. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

DVD dispatched and showing as 'Arriving Monday', but things often arrive earlier than the stated date (delivery driver's sat nav permitting!)

I managed to intercept him as he was about to push it through the wrong letterbox!

• Like 2

I got my blu-ray copy yesterday and watched it last night. Absolutely mesmerising.

It's such a beautifully made film however it does help that the album itself is another Springsteen masterpiece.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

still in two minds whether to bother with dvd, having the cd and the soundtrack, neither of which do much for me, but perhaps oddly i prefer the studio version. i have all bruce dvd,s and never watch them so possibly wont bother with this, unless Santa brings it of course, which i doubt

21 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Blu ray arrived this morning. That’s tonight’s entertainment sorted.

3401BB50-2AB7-4729-B7CE-80BD8D1FD426.jpeg

87F9BCDA-F8CF-4F15-A9DB-8C058600397C.jpeg

I saw a man delivering Amazon orders this morning and I was hoping to find a delivery on the mat when I got back from my walk, sadly it didn't happen.  Enjoy.

• Sad 1

Woo hoo! Gotta leave him sitting in my tree though, as I haven't played a DVD for sooo long (I blame Netflix) that I can't remember how to hook up the TV and the DVD player :D.  Waiting for hubby to get home from work ... 

thumbnail_20191215_153746.jpg

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2