some singing

some talking

some horses

some desert scenes

some crying...

Sums it up! 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Bruce was at the Freehold showing tonight- he introduced the film. 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 hour ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

Really liked the film and totally worth seeing on the big screen. 

Mix on preference. Some stuff I really loved live - stones was astounding - but others like - hello sunshine - I though were a bit weaker. I’ve only heard it once live though so, not saying this is definitive. 

Stones was astounding, way more dynamic than the studio version and for me was the centerpiece of the film. 

Also Sleepy Joe’s was really good live. Light and day from the studio version. 

The intros definitely added to some songs, others just felt perfunctory and didn’t really add much. 

just saw it myself and yes, you MUST see it in a theater with an amazing sound system!!!!  Agree with the assessment about Stones, very powerful.  Two great things about the movie without giving anything away. The sound mix is awesome and how they isolated Bruce’s voice to where to can hear every word to every song clearly brings the song into focus even more.

i will see it again 

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 1

nothing on flicks NZ 

sorry Bruce, ill be clapping like made when the film finally makes it here

• Like 1

My takeaway from Western Stars? I want Bruce to do a whole album of Glen Campbell's songs.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AMIW said:

A very detailed review here is mine

some singing

some talking

some horses

some desert scenes

some crying...

My life has been enriched - Andrew has written a review :D

Glad others have agreed about Stones too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

just looking at vue cinema The Joker is £5.74. also note western stars is classed as an event only 50 seats in recliners and none sold, but nobody has answered the why so expensive?. why would i pay  nearly £43 for me and mrs to watch this. also general release is a bit rich its only on one night

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

just looking at vue cinema The Joker is £5.74. also note western stars is classed as an event only 50 seats in recliners and none sold, but nobody has answered the why so expensive?. why would i pay  nearly £43 for me and mrs to watch this. also general release is a bit rich its only on one night

I'm going as I don't intend to see him 'live' at any time in the future - I reckoned I 'owed' him a few quid for penning Moonlight Motel.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

Still cheaper than a concert ticket though. And this is as close to a WS concert as we're gonna get. Hey, maybe that's why I applauded Hitch Hikin' - thought I was seeing him live :lol:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

Really liked the film and totally worth seeing on the big screen. 

Mix on preference. Some stuff I really loved live - stones was astounding - but others like - hello sunshine - I though were a bit weaker. I’ve only heard it once live though so, not saying this is definitive. 

Stones was astounding, way more dynamic than the studio version and for me was the centerpiece of the film. 

Also Sleepy Joe’s was really good live. Light and day from the studio version. 

The intros definitely added to some songs, others just felt perfunctory and didn’t really add much. 

Thanks for that review. Really looking forward to seeing this on 28th Oct. Hello Sunshine is probably my third favourite song from the album. I'm not all that surprised that the live version can't really improve on the original version. Stones sounds like it will be awesome. How did Chasing Wild Horses sound live ? It's my favourite song on the album and i'm really looking forward to hearing it played with a full 30 piece orchestra.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

It’s £15 in Sheffield at both the Odeon and Vue. I paid about £8 at the same Odeon for Blinded by the Light. But prices seem to be higher for the one-off “event” showings. A friend paid £13 to watch the screening of Metallica with orchestra recently. And a quick look at the Odeon website shows, for example, £20 for Andre Rieu concert. So prices perhaps par for the course for these type of films, although apparently quite variable around the UK!

On 10/19/2019 at 8:57 AM, stevie54uk said:

as someone who never goes to the flicks are these prices normal? if not why are they so expensive

Last time I went big sister paid. :)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thecommish said:

just saw it myself and yes, you MUST see it in a theater with an amazing sound system!!!!  Agree with the assessment about Stones, very powerful.  Two great things about the movie without giving anything away. The sound mix is awesome and how they isolated Bruce’s voice to where to can hear every word to every song clearly brings the song into focus even more.

i will see it again 

Nice Avatar.

47 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Thanks for that review. Really looking forward to seeing this on 28th Oct. Hello Sunshine is probably my third favourite song from the album. I'm not all that surprised that the live version can't really improve on the original version. Stones sounds like it will be awesome. How did Chasing Wild Horses sound live ? It's my favourite song on the album and i'm really looking forward to hearing it played with a full 30 piece orchestra.

Chasing was lovely. Not a favorite of mine on the album, but really enjoyed it live. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Lovely review.  His mum and dad's wedding? I must have missed that, although there's a LOT of old cine film footage of random people so they may have been amongst it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

It's your choice, you don't have to go.

I agree with you about calling it 'general release' when it is on in selected cinemas for one night only. Having said that, I am hugely looking forward to it based on the comments of people on here who have seen it and hearing some of the songs on the 6 Music interview yesterday. I am expecting to feel it is money well spent.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

9 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Lovely review.  His mum and dad's wedding? I must have missed that, although there's a LOT of old cine film footage of random people so they may have been amongst it.

see that's a definate reason for me wanting a dvd

9 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Loved, loved, LOVED it!!!!  

Well, there's a surprise.  ;)

49 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

It's your choice, you don't have to go.

as it happens i couldnt if i wanted to, am in windsor on 28th, where i can not find any showings, then of to memphis/nashville of which i havent a clue if its showing or not