Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

4 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Strange thing - I thought Patti sounded better on Moonlight Motel on the DVD than she does on the CD of the live recording.

Agreed, even more so on Stones as I mentioned in my above post. Strange how they didn’t just extract the same soundtrack for the live CD which was used for the film (with talking parts removed) if it was already perfected for the film. It’s definitely better sounding than the CD so I guess a blu ray audio rip is needed after all. 

• Like 1

I haven't looked to see how much it costs, count me in the don't care camp.  I'm sure it's ridiculous but it's a rarity -insofar as I'm sure we won't be seeing the exact same thing again - that I'll get to play over and over whenever the hell I want.  

Priceless I suppose it is.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AMIW said:

A chilly 70f (21c) in  hotlanta today

Have to keep these guys happy 

(Although i googled and they don't seem to reside in your part of Georgia :(

Maybe with a few degrees of global warming .....)

downloadfile-72.jpg

3 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I downloaded a rip of the blu-ray...playing throughn VLC a program that plays MKV files.

Noe im wondering what MKV is ....(surly not some definitive of that tripe that is my kitchen rules :lol:)

1 hour ago, jmw said:

Daisey, my friends garden.

xmas st louis.jpg

Gorgouse :wub:

I have made snow angles once

In the car park at work

I lived close enough to walk to work - idiot i was, should have stayed in bed like most everyone else

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rizla said:

I'm not buying it.  I might get it one day if it's going cheap.

Glad to see it's not just me that won't be getting it.

JMW says it made her cry,I must admit the clips of Rhinestone Cowboy & MM that I've listened to on here have brought me close to tears though I suspect for different reasons.

As ever each to their own views but it's got to be a hell of an E Street album to get back on track from this.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

No. 

Thanks, but that's shit. So am I correct in assuming that the 13 live songs are interspersed with bruce waffling & pontificating?  What is the longest sequence of songs one can watch ?  I hope it's more than 1!

51 minutes ago, TupacThePuma said:

Thanks, but that's shit. So am I correct in assuming that the 13 live songs are interspersed with bruce waffling & pontificating?  What is the longest sequence of songs one can watch ?  I hope it's more than 1!

It would appear that Bruce wants us to continue watching the film as a complete piece of work, following the 'story arc' as per his instructions when it was released in the cinema.

Don't clap at the end of the songs if there is someone in the living room with you as this could spoil their enjoyment of the 'listen through' experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Rizla said:

I'm not buying it.  I might get it one day if it's going cheap.

Go on then, I missed this … how much is it?

Hahaha! I could do with the laugh.

I had a look - under 20 quid? Thought it must be much more as folk were questioning it.

39 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I had a look - under 20 quid? Thought it must be much more as folk were questioning it.

£20 in the UK and absolutely worth every penny. Played it twice through already. So much happier with the sound as well. I will be playing this disc for years. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I got the DVD and it was £17 and a few pence in the end. Thought it was going to be £16, but I'm not complaining. I don't think it's extortionate as I know I'll watch it quite a bit. I don't buy box sets and am not waiting for Tracks 2 (is that the one or is it Tracks 3 :huh:?) You (not you, Eileen :lol:) could easily spend that amount of money on two or three drinks in a pub these days. Chin chin!

• Like 2