Greasy Lake Community

Western Stars - The Movie thread

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically, we had to drive to the outskirts of Munich for the film, which happens to be the place where my first Bruce show took place in 93. A lot happened to both of us since. The life that happene

I will post this in hopes it finds you well. I will include these two quotes as an introduction to what I have written. The first one is a favorite quote from a movie where a Texas law man has decided

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Glad to see it's not just me that won't be getting it.

JMW says it made her cry,I must admit the clips of Rhinestone Cowboy & MM that I've listened to on here have brought me close to tears though I suspect for different reasons.

As ever each to their own views but it's got to be a hell of an E Street album to get back on track from this.

My reasons for not buying it are not the same as yours.
I have Western Stars on CD and I saw the film in the cinema and greatly enjoyed it.  Especially Rhinestone Cowboy.  :P
I just probably wouldn't watch it again more than once and there are other things I would rather spend £20 on.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Eileen said:

Go on then, I missed this … how much is it?

Hahaha! I could do with the laugh.

I had a look - under 20 quid? Thought it must be much more as folk were questioning it.

Eileen - it's more like £36 in the USA.  Which is extortionate, especially as there are no extras or refinements.  That's just greed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

. I don't think it's extortionate as I know I'll watch it quite a bit. 

Then it more or less pays for itself.  Mine will be a bargoon to beat the band seeing as how many times I'll be watching it and entertaining friends with it.  

5 hours ago, Eileen said:

Go on then, I missed this … how much is it?

Hahaha! I could do with the laugh.

I had a look - under 20 quid? Thought it must be much more as folk were questioning it.

$36 USD.

Twice what it should be, what it could be.

Bruce Inc. taking advantage of his fans, knowing many will pay any price as it's Bruce Springsteen. Deplorable.

• Like 3

You know I have at the house, Live in New York City, Barcelona, and Hyde Park DVD's. I have watched them maybe twice each. 

I will not be buying this DVD, as I've seen it at the theater. And that will be good enough for me. It has nothing to do with the price, but the $36.00 would have been to steep for me if interested. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pregnant Sally said:

Oh ferchrissake.  Every time there's a price on something it's Inc taking advantage. 

I think you're right in saying that we're not being taken advantage of because we don't have to buy any of it, naturally.

But, as mentioned elsewhere, Bruce Inc have really gone to town with this album,

"He's had plenty from us this year with Western Stars CD, Western Stars LP,  Western Stars movie, Western Stars soundtrack CD, Western Stars soundtrack LP,  Western Stars double pack CD and movie soundtrack, Western Stars DVD, Western Stars Blu Ray. Plus, all associated merchandise."  

No, not even really saying that.  I'm saying every single time there's a product released, wrist bands (which were insanely ridic initially) etc., it's Inc taking advantage.  Anyone who buys a lot of music related purchases know that this is the norm, shit costs a lot and unless you're an indie artist, this is what it costs, prices are very high but that is not freaking taking advantage of the fan. .  

Press the Skip button at the end of a song and it usually takes you to the start of the next one. Only with Sleepy Joe's Café and Stones do you still get some chat.

With good timing you can pretty much recreate the transition from Horses to Sundown.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pregnant Sally said:

No, not even really saying that.  I'm saying every single time there's a product released, wrist bands (which were insanely ridic initially) etc., it's Inc taking advantage.  Anyone who buys a lot of music related purchases know that this is the norm, shit costs a lot and unless you're an indie artist, this is what it costs, prices are very high but that is not freaking taking advantage of the fan. .  

Agree 100% 

I get thinking something is too expensive and deciding not to purchase; but this whole ‘____ is taking advantage of the fan’ or ‘_____ is financially milking something’ is ridiculous IMO.  

40 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Press the Skip button at the end of a song and it usually takes you to the start of the next one. Only with Sleepy Joe's Café and Stones do you still get some chat.

With good timing you can pretty much recreate the transition from Horses to Sundown.

Yep! 

46 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Agree 100% 

I get thinking something is too expensive and deciding not to purchase; but this whole ‘____ is taking advantage of the fan’ or ‘_____ is financially milking something’ is ridiculous IMO.  

If people truly believed that, I don't know why they'd be fans any longer.  Meaning,  I'd still love the music but if I thought one of my favorite people in the world wanted to intentionally rape his fans, then I'd have to say fuck off.  

• Like 4
On 12/17/2019 at 3:31 PM, Jimmy James said:

You know I have at the house, Live in New York City, Barcelona, and Hyde Park DVD's. I have watched them maybe twice each

same here, but what does annoy me is why is the soundtrack(sic)  cd not a replica of the show, would have preferred that and yes i know i can rip and audio of the dvd but i dont see the need to have 3 copies of essentially the same thing. and as for rhinestone cowboy, i hated that when it was out originally, in fact i just hate that kind of music

On 12/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, Pregnant Sally said:

If people truly believed that, I don't know why they'd be fans any longer.  Meaning,  I'd still love the music but if I thought one of my favorite people in the world wanted to intentionally rape his fans, then I'd have to say fuck off.  

Until Bruce spends millions getting out of his record contract & converts his barn into cd/vinyl pressing plant to produce his own output then I don't think there's much chance of him setting prices on things.

The record company have a contract with Bruce what they do with anything he hands them is pretty much out of his control,they're paying him,he doesn't get to say do this do that,charge this,someone of his stature might be allowed an opinion & Sony wouldn't want him walking out on them but if anyone sees WS vinyl on sale somewhere for £25-30 it isn't because Bruce woke up one morning & decided thats what he's going to charge for it.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, AMIW said:

Does Germany just have the Blu-ray too? Is blighty the only place with both formats

DVD is the only thing mentioned. I kept asking for both, but the offer now says just DVD. The most expensive I've ever bought. Must be pure gold.

1 hour ago, berlintramp said:

DVD is the only thing mentioned. I kept asking for both, but the offer now says just DVD. The most expensive I've ever bought. Must be pure gold.

im sure it will be worth it Ms Berlin