A Saint in the city

Western Stars - The Movie thread

Where can I download Western Stars the film? It’s not on iTunes or Google play or any other services what I can see. 
do I have to order the bluray?

On 12/30/2019 at 12:29 PM, stevie54uk said:

poor value i thought

I'll eventually buy the Blu Ray but I'm annoyed there's no Region 1 DVD...yet. I I watch music videos on my laptop with headphones. I totally get why it's not out yet. I reckon Warner Bros lost money on the movie. Surely they paid Bruce a pretty penny for the rights and it- and I hate to say it- flopped at the box office. The overpriced Blu-Ray prolly helps them a little. 

2 hours ago, homesquid said:

I'll eventually buy the Blu Ray but I'm annoyed there's no Region 1 DVD...yet. I I watch music videos on my laptop with headphones. I totally get why it's not out yet. I reckon Warner Bros lost money on the movie. Surely they paid Bruce a pretty penny for the rights and it- and I hate to say it- flopped at the box office. The overpriced Blu-Ray prolly helps them a little. 

When things are neither promoted or distributed adequatly a loss is a very likely risk 

They could hire some C grade 1st year marketing student and they would see a marked improvement :angry:

• Like 2

I wonder if there was actually a loss at the box office. Is there any information on what the film cost to produce? Bruce owns the set, there are a lot of home movies, no special effects, no big-name actors to pay, a small filming unit, a production crew that works with Bruce all the time, a rented horse.

Either way, I believe the film was marketed and distributed as intended and the idea was probably always to profit more on the home video release.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, homesquid said:

. I reckon Warner Bros lost money on the movie. Surely they paid Bruce a pretty penny for the rights and it- and I hate to say it- flopped at the box office

am not sure about flopped, in the city where i live it was one showing only, and overpriced, you are never going to get a great success out of that are you

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say that they weren't expecting to compete with Star Wars.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I think it's fair to say that they weren't expecting to compete with Star Wars.

But i would have absolutely gone to see WS and been happy to pay what ever plus popcorn etc

I gave up on star wars after Ja Ja Binks

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, homesquid said:

I am quite confident that it was never meant to be a blockbuster at the box office... None of these concert movies to cinema are, unless maybe they are whoever the current pop sensation is.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GreatRalph said:

Where can I download Western Stars the film? It’s not on iTunes or Google play or any other services what I can see. 

I can't find it available online anywhere outside the US either....

I rented it on Amazon Prime. The stream was also available for purchase but knew of only watch it once. I don't know if it's available that way outside the US though.

Just now, Troublette said:

I rented it on Amazon Prime. The stream was also available for purchase but knew of only watch it once. I don't know if it's available that way outside the US though.

Unfortunately no, only US.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

solo.png

I want to see the rest of Chewbacca/Clarence in that picture

On 1/11/2020 at 1:59 AM, GreatRalph said:

I just bought it and watched it on YouTube.

And loved it.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

On 1/11/2020 at 8:43 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

solo.png

One soft infested summer me and Chewie became friends...

• Haha 5