A Saint in the city

Western Stars - The Movie thread

Let's call up @A Saint in the city who started this thread.  

What date did you see the film? The premier on the 11th or the one I was at on the 12th? @rachelharms could probably help too. Was this message about not bloody clapping (during the performance, let's get this straight!) put out on either of these dates - over a loud speaker, by Bruce, on the screen or on a crumpled piece of paper? As I said, I can't remember hearing or seeing it myself.  

I'm losing sleep over this.

:wacko:

5 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Let's call up @A Saint in the city who started this thread.  

What date did you see the film? The premier on the 11th or the one I was at on the 12th? @rachelharms could probably help too. Was this message about not bloody clapping (during the performance, let's get this straight!) put out on either of these dates - over a loud speaker, by Bruce, on the screen or on a crumpled piece of paper? As I said, I can't remember hearing or seeing it myself.  

I'm losing sleep over this.

:wacko:

I saw it on the Sunday. There was no announcement regarding clapping at all. 

However during the film, I did really want to clap after each song, along with the audience in the barn but no one else was, so I stayed quiet. 

There was applause at the end, and hardly anyone moved until after all the credits. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha, I'm laughing here. Should've put my post in the He's Lost It thread :D But thanks, Saint.

See what it's done to me? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing. Western Stars is going to be showing just up the 15 in Riverside, but a twenty minute ride to watch the film alone seems a little boring.

It's gonna be a warm, sunny day and I'll take an 80 mile motorcycle ride over the mountains, enjoying every twist and turn of the Palms To Pines highway, to see the film in the desert with @took me long enough

It will be a cold ride home, but I always feel warmer when my heart is full.

Google says its 3 hours 29 mins to get to that showing...wish I could make it to see you guys.

After seeing this movie, I know the drive to get there is the point. The Journey is long.

• Like 2

What's stopping you from taking a trip across the San Bernardino line?

3409765580_40ebfca5db_b.jpg

• Like 5

I hear you, brother.

I guess I should be happy that the only one of those I've got is the only one of them you're born with.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Everyone's comments and expectations have got me even more excited to see the film day after tomorrow, but there's one thing I don't share with most of you and that's the desire for a nearby showing. Western Stars is going to be showing just up the 15 in Riverside, but a twenty minute ride to watch the film alone seems a little boring.

It's gonna be a warm, sunny day and I'll take an 80 mile motorcycle ride over the mountains, enjoying every twist and turn of the Palms To Pines highway, to see the film in the desert with @took me long enough

this is just perfect! 

have a great ride and both of you enjoy the movie

and enjoy  that popcorn milk dud combo for me 

• Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 12:50 PM, stevie54uk said:

memphis from tuesday, nashville from following sunday thanks and one night tupelo in middle

Ok here you go

in Memphis at Malco paradiso cinema grill fri 25th to Thur 31st 5 showings per day

in Nashville and again schedule doesn’t go beyond thu 31st yet so before you get there

regal green hills and amc Bellevue 12 4 showings per day each

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Lucky guy.

• Like 4

Well, I do have a coat of fine leather and snakeskin boots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/22/2019 at 5:02 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

Great idea

I on the other hand am going to take the train out to Stratford-upon-Avon to watch this at 6pm next Monday in a movie theatre that is about to be demolished in January.

Just seems fitting to make an occasion of this. Hopefully a nice day if a bit on the crisp side

London last week would've been nice but couldn't stretch to that

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Heads up West Midlands folks

Walsall Light Cinema currently have screenings on

Monday 28th Oct 8pm

Tuesday 29th Oct 8pm

Monday 4th Nov 8pm

Here's hoping the film has a bit more of a run more widely.

Fairly sure it'll pop up at some of the smaller chains down the line too like the Mac, Mockingbird or Electric cinema

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Not skin like leather and the diamond hard look of a cobra? 

Enjoy! 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jukeblue said:

Great idea

I on the other hand am going to take the train out to Stratford-upon-Avon to watch this at 6pm next Monday in a movie theatre that is about to be demolished in January.

Just seems fitting to make an occasion of this. Hopefully a nice day if a bit on the crisp side

London last week would've been nice but couldn't stretch to that

Is it on at Picture House? That's a two minute walk from my home and I have tickets booked for Birmingham. Urghhh!

5 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Is it on at Picture House? That's a two minute walk from my home and I have tickets booked for Birmingham. Urghhh!

Yes 6pm. Watch it twice.

Also on tonight in Cambridge as part of Cambridge Film Festival but no Q&A

1 minute ago, jukeblue said:

Yes 6pm. Watch it twice.

Also on tonight in Cambridge as part of Cambridge Film Festival but no Q&A

Not sure how that would work - 7.30 showing in Birmingham!

Going to try to get a refund on Birmingham tickets, but will go to Stratford anyway. I am just so cross as I emailed Picture House a few weeks ago and they said it wasn't in their schedule. 

• Sad 3

Have to say that there is no publicity for it at Picture House - no posters and no trailer, so I don't know how many tickets they will sell!

I do think whoever was responsible for distributing this film in the UK has made a mess of it. I know Rizla wanted to see it in Oxford, but couldn't find a screening then, after buying tickets for another venue, up it pops in Oxford and I am sure she & I are not the only ones who have had similar experiences.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, jukeblue said:

Heads up West Midlands folks

Walsall Light Cinema currently have screenings on

Monday 28th Oct 8pm

Tuesday 29th Oct 8pm

Monday 4th Nov 8pm

Here's hoping the film has a bit more of a run more widely.

Fairly sure it'll pop up at some of the smaller chains down the line too like the Mac, Mockingbird or Electric cinema

I think you’re right. It’ll get the single night showing in the big chain cinemas, Odeon/Vue, on October 28th and that’ll be it but the independent cinema chains might do some repeat showings depending on the initial uptake. The Prince Charles independent cinema in London’s West End has two showings on October 28th, 1545 and 1815, and probably would screen it again if it believes there’s demand. If my local big chain cinema, Vue in The Westfield shopping mall in East London, is anything to go by, 15 seats sold out of 270 as of today, won’t justify a re-run there.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I think I am one of the lucky ones, 10 mins from my home.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

17 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Credits won’t provide warmth. Huge disconnect between Bruce and Patti sitting at the bar during the credits.
He’s sitting there still like a cool rocking daddy and she’s uncomfortably squirming like a fish flopping around on a dock desperate to get back in the water