Greasy Lake Community

Taylor Swift fans

JimCT

This woman has spent the best part of the last 15 years growing up in the fishbowl of public attention. She has crossed genres, and blends them very nicely. She is an accomplished songwriter. She is above all quite genuine.

I have nothing but admiration for her.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

Listened to it for the first time today. Another great album! I enjoyed most tracks a lot.

I’ve listened to it right through twice, now I’m cherry picking - “Champagne Problems” wow!

I think it’s as good as Folklore and that’s very high praise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I’ve listened to it right through twice, now I’m cherry picking - “Champagne Problems” wow!

I think it’s as good as Folklore and that’s very high praise.

Yes, Champagne problems was definitely a highlight on first listen. What made the first listen of that song even more special was that I was out in the woods when listening to the album, and during that song I saw a deer out of nowhere, pretty close. I felt I had to stand there for the rest of the song and look at it, just to take in the beauty of the moment that the song and scenery created.

I think I agree! No song hit me as hard as Cardigan on first listen though, but at the same time I was pretty frail when listening to folklore for the fIrst time.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

4 hours ago, stillilllife said:

Yes, Champagne problems was definitely a highlight on first listen. What made the first listen of that song even more special was that I was out in the woods when listening to the album, and during that song I saw a deer out of nowhere, pretty close. I felt I had to stand there for the rest of the song and look at it, just to take in the beauty of the moment that the song and scenery created.

I think I agree! No song hit me as hard as Cardigan on first listen though, but at the same time I was pretty frail when listening to folklore for the fIrst time.

I listened to it while out for a walk in the country today but I have nothing to compete with that story, very cool.

• Love Love Love! 1

6 minutes ago, JustDan said:

I just couldn't see myself at one of her concerts, with the dancers and all the flashyness and stage cues like a broadway musical. Plus, I'd probably be at least 40 years older than everyone in the crowd.  It'd be like my grandparents going to a Springsteen show with me in '78. I mean look, the girl writes some good songs but...at the end of the day, she's still an MTV pop star.

• 1 month later...