Sign in to follow this  
SteveJhb

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Now on Nugs

Announced yesterday. 7 shows to start with, all fairly recent. Hopefully they will start working backward through the archives....

Also looks like you can purchase individual songs.

https://www.nugs.net/jason-isbell-and-the-400-unit-concerts-live-downloads-in-mp3-flac-or-online-music-streaming/

• Like 3

I downloaded some mp3s from a few shows, I was particularly keen to hear the new song Overseas and the song from the Lady Gaga movie which I have not heard.

Sound is not spectacular, but better than bootleg quality for sure. Always seems to be a ton of reverb at 400 Unit shows for some reason.

58 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Wish he’d cross the Atlantic again......

I see they are playing Japan soon.

No chance of seeing them here.... I don't know anyone else here who knows him or the band.

15 hours ago, Walker in the sun said:

Wish he’d cross the Atlantic again......

Me too..

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 3:36 PM, SteveJhb said:

I see they are playing Japan soon.

No chance of seeing them here.... I don't know anyone else here who knows him or the band.

Damn.....What is up with SA? I mean...I know they're down there at the near bottom of the planet but NZ, OZ, Malaysia all get shows, & not just from the A-listers either.... 

20 hours ago, JustDan said:

Damn.....What is up with SA? I mean...I know they're down there at the near bottom of the planet but NZ, OZ, Malaysia all get shows, & not just from the A-listers either.... 

Supply and demand, economy of scale... Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band played 4 shows here, to a total of approximately 80 000 people. Foo Fighters played that many in one night in Jhb. Beyonce probably also played to close to 100 000 people in Jhb. These folks are established, known, and they sell lots of music here.

A band or artist who has no following or is unknown is harder to book and fill venues, so promoters are obviously not going to take a chance.

It is also apparently expensive and time consuming to come here. Most artists tag us onto an Australia/NZ leg to try make it economically viable.

Some stand up comedians have made repeat visits here but I imagine it costs a fraction to put one person and a mike on stage of what it does to cart a huge rock band and their sound gear and instruments...

I saw Suzanne Vega here a few years ago, play to maybe 1000 people? But again, just her and a guitarist....

The only major act I still hope to see here who I actually think may come is John Mayer. Can't think of too many more. The Stones came here once, Dylan and McCartney have never been.

• Like 1