Greasy Lake Community

Little Steven and the DOS new box set

41 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Had an email today from Renegade Nation saying all the remastered albums are now available on vinyl.

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/little-steven-and-the-disciples-of-soul

Sweet.  But that looks heavy pricewise.  I will definitely buy this, but wait until the price settles.  

Edit.  I'm referring to MWW.

• 7 months later...

I ordered the cd box, but the 4cds with bonus tracks came without a booklet with liner notes. There is just an empty cardboard sleeve where the booklet should have been. I contacted the online store where i ordered it, but they claim that there is no booklet with this release. Can somebody verify that? If there is a booklet can you post a picture of it so i can send it to the store? Its an expensive release and I would like to have a complete version. 

15 minutes ago, Wim said:

I ordered the cd box, but the 4cds with bonus tracks came without a booklet with liner notes. There is just an empty cardboard sleeve where the booklet should have been. I contacted the online store where i ordered it, but they claim that there is no booklet with this release. Can somebody verify that? If there is a booklet can you post a picture of it so i can send it to the store? Its an expensive release and I would like to have a complete version. 

Looks as though there should be something

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rock--roll-hall-of-famer-little-steven-looks-back-on-solo-career-and-opens-personal-musical-vault-with-rocknroll-rebel--the-early-work-arriving-december-6-on-wicked-coolume-300941268.html

Capture.JPG

16 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Hi! I got both, the vinyl and CD-Version. My CD-Version doesn't have the booklet, too, just an empty sleeve like yours. So it might be right that there is no booklet. I contacted the store about it, too, but didn't even get an answer.

16 hours ago, Wim said:

Mine was exactly the same, and UDiscover straight up told me to go screw myself when I asked about it.  It legitimately took over 3 weeks for their Customer Service to respond to me each time I reached out to them too.  We're lucky though, there are people whose sets showed up with no discs at all and they were told there was nothing UDiscover would do about it either, and others that Customer Service never responded to at all.  I will NEVER EVER order anything from them ever again after the treatment they gave me and apparently gave others, and I'd STRONGLY encourage anyone else not to order anything from them either.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't agree more. Absolute crap service. They told me the same. I've been emailing for months with them and suddenly the told me that there shouldn't be a booklet in the first place, so i should stop bothering them.

I've contacted Wicked Cool Records about this. When I get a reply i will post it here.

Well after being told to go get Fucked, I've decided, I wouldn't be buying any more Wicked Cool Records or listening to LSUG. 

And that's a shame because I really enjoy The Woggles, Cocktail Slippers, Darlene Love and others. 

Maybe if Steven apologizes, like real men do, I'll change my mind.   

I had an issue when I purchased the vinyl box set from UDiscover, and when it finally arrived, the spines were damaged. i contacted them, and they offered to send out another set, or a refund. i chose the refund, and the vinyls are now up on my wall within frames.

when the individual CD's were reissued and released, I went through a local store here in Australia. Great excuse to revisit all the albums.....