1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

I was envious of you all, but not jealous.  I think there's a difference :)

They are indeed completely different, and thank you pointing that out.  

Well, as usual and I’m sure no surprise at all, but I simply cannot choose.  

I absolutely loved the book, SoB, Seeger Sessions (even though that wasn’t part of trifecta!), WS, and the WS film all equally.  

Sorry, but that’s the truth! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd go Broadway, without having been there. I loved it on Netflix and would love to have been in the room.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I'd go Broadway, without having been there. I loved it on Netflix and would love to have been in the room.

They did a fantastic job of creating some of the intimacy and even gave you a version of that which was different with the netflix film.But you are correct that being in that space with often unamplified voice was a level or two above.

Also, as an aside, I thought the netflix film  was way more sweary than in real life especially earlier on in the show which I put down to his nervousness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walker in the sun said:

More significant for me has been the Archive Series. I know there have been a few grumbles about this’n’that but, taken as a whole, it’s been bloody marvellous! Even more so I would have thought for those who didn’t discover the joy of bootlegs at an earlier stage.

Different strokes and all that, but the archive series are just not that important to me. I have bought a few and really enjoy them, but the stuff he has done over the last few years has excited me far more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LONDONCALLING said:

Also, as an aside, I thought the netflix film  was way more sweary than in real life especially earlier on in the show which I put down to his nervousness.

So did I and it did spoil it a little bit for me. 

14 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

So did I and it did spoil it a little bit for me. 

I'm glad you agree Ann. I thought I was going mad when I first listened to the netflix. It did detract from the power of the words.

I am not averse to a bit of language myself but i thought this was an odd editorial decision given they filmed it twice.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LONDONCALLING said:

I'm glad you agree Ann. I thought I was going mad when I first listened to the netflix. It did detract from the power of the words.

I am not averse to a bit of language myself but i thought this was an odd editorial decision given they filmed it twice.

Yes, both Mr J and I said that we didn't remember noticing so much use of the F word when we saw it live.

27 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

Yes, both Mr J and I said that we didn't remember noticing so much use of the F word when we saw it live.

I noticed it a bit more in the show I saw in July than in the other two.  

It didn’t bother me, but then again, as my husband will tell you... I curse waaaaay too much.  True story.  

(I’ll try hard not to do so if and when we should ever meet!!) 

• Bruuuuce! 1

19 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I noticed it a bit more in the show I saw in July than in the other two.  

It didn’t bother me, but then again, as my husband will tell you... I curse waaaaay too much.  True story.  

(I’ll try hard not to do so if and when we should ever meet!!) 

Oh please don't worry about that, I am no angel in that department!

• Haha 2

Just now, whispered secret said:

Oh please don't worry about that, I am no angel in that department!

Good to...um... freakin’ know! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

The three Rachel listed are to me very boring.

1. Book, I had already read or heard most 80% of it.

2. Broadway, didn't see it live, Netflix showing, terrible almost embarrassed for Bruce on stage.

3. Western Stars album, it's getting better. 

your number 3 option is making inroads into your fandom :)

slow but steady

4 hours ago, Lampi said:

Seeger.

over explaining :lol:

i liked this because

well im free and easy with my likes

no, i mean i do see it as a one off project (fingers crossed;))

no, i mean your post and your valid opinion was just sitting there getting no love :lol:

for me unplugged

it was great ! 

i loved it

saw it before i knew how to pronounce all the ESB's names so i had no loyalty issues to cloud my enjoyment

may have been before i got D&D because i was really worried about the unplugged part as i hated Clapton's unplugged and despise unplugged Layla

when Bruce brought a band out i knew i would enjoy it and i had no idea that was going to happen because i didn't really click that the un part of unplugged had been crossed out

still love that light of day and red headed woman and 57 channels 

and Bruce looked smoking hot too

incidently it was then incredibly hard to get the cd - sony nz are not Bruce's friend 

i ended up with a preloved copy from Slowboat records in Cuba st

Bruce_Sringsteen_-_In_Concert_MTV_Plugged.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I curse waaaaay too much.  True story.  

I'm not long done with a good, solid three hours of seriously industrial language.

"They can't hear you ........" my wife unhelpfully adds every so often ...........

• Haha 2

I'm going to say Western Stars, the album. I just love the album so much, looking forward the for the live version, especially of Stones and MM. I would have been even happier if his intros and all the talking would have been included.

I'm also disappointed that I'm probably not going to be able to see the movie in a theater, although I know how to behave, and wouldn't have clapped at all. :) 

But hey, life goes on...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I'm going to say Western Stars, the album. I just love the album so much, looking forward the for the live version, especially of Stones and MM. I would have been even happier if his intros and all the talking would have been included.

I'm also disappointed that I'm probably not going to be able to see the movie in a theater, although I know how to behave, and wouldn't have clapped at all. :) 

But hey, life goes on...

fingers crossed for you Silvia

if it doesn't make an appearance for us now it might just turn up in a film festival or something further down the line

it will still be fantastic on the big screen with the woundeful sound even if we have already seen it on our TVs by then

12 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

2. Broadway, didn't see it live, Netflix showing, terrible almost embarrassed for Bruce on stage.

If you said why then I've forgotten but why were you almost embarrassed for him on stage?  

I mean I seriously doubt you needed to feel sorry for someone who extended it three times precisely because of the love in the room night after night.  

Oh and as if I have to say what my favorite one-off is.  I've written about it so much think I'm sick of myself talking about it.  

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

for me unplugged

it was great ! 

i loved it

saw it before i knew how to pronounce all the ESB's names so i had no loyalty issues to cloud my enjoyment

may have been before i got D&D because i was really worried about the unplugged part as i hated Clapton's unplugged and despise unplugged Layla

when Bruce brought a band out i knew i would enjoy it and i had no idea that was going to happen because i didn't really click that the un part of unplugged had been crossed out

still love that light of day and red headed woman and 57 channels 

and Bruce looked smoking hot too

incidently it was then incredibly hard to get the cd - sony nz are not Bruce's friend 

i ended up with a preloved copy from Slowboat records in Cuba st

Bruce_Sringsteen_-_In_Concert_MTV_Plugged.jpg

Good to see Plugged mentioned,for me the best version of Human Touch is on there & a pretty damn fine Thunder Road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Good to see Plugged mentioned,for me the best version of Human Touch is on there & a pretty damn fine Thunder Road.

And an outstanding Light Of Day too.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

And an outstanding Light Of Day too.

And an incredible I Wish I Were Blind. It's all in his face.

• Like 2

Returning to the OP, there’s a bit in here about the book/‘play’/WS sequence of activity:

https://eu.app.com/story/entertainment/music/2019/10/21/bruce-springsteen-talks-personal-trilogy-john-wayne-and-western-stars-transcript/3989703002/

and Steve’s version of Tucson Train is readily available via YouTube. Dunno if it’s been mentioned elsewhere. Nice idea, but not a patch on the original.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, LONDONCALLING said:

SOB in the theater

SOB Netflix

BTR on Audiobook

WS in Film

WS on Album

BTR as Book

SOB on Album

I've been trying and trying but really can't sort it out... 

For me they're just parts of the whole, different points of view on the Man, different lines of dialogue he's having with us for the last 4 decades. 

True, I'm not a huge of the SS, I think WS is 'just' a good album, but in a love affair it's the journey that counts not the single steps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 100yrsOld said:

For me they're just parts of the whole, different points of view on the Man, different lines of dialogue he's having with us for the last 4 decades. 

To me they’re just choices.  

20 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

To me they’re just choices.  

I can live with that :)

• Bruuuuce! 1