Greasy Lake Community

What album do you rescue from a burning building

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

None of his albums are out of print so stay out of the burning building and call the fire department.

That is why I would save my rare Bruce Springsteen vinyl and my bootlegs.

But better stay out of the burning building.

• Like 1

It's a bit like the Desert Island Discs question of which record you would save as the waves come in to wash them away.

I guess in the end it would have to be my vinyl BTR, but then if I couldn't save the record player...

• Haha 1

Live 75-85 - all about "live" for me and whilst there are several options these days that one has the most on it ha! - oh and on my way past I would have to try and grab Quadrophenia (and Live at Leeds if it was close by! ha!). Ultimately it's a nasty question as it's like choosing between children! 

• Like 2

I'll have to stop thinking about this thread cos I've been on a right downer wondering how I'd get my pets out of my house in a hurry.

Over-think things? Moi?

Records etc are the last thing I'd think about. :)

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I would definitely save the brand spanking new vinyl album of BTR which I bought 12 days ago and Bruce signed for me personally 11 days ago :D

Yeah if we are going down that road I have a lot of other options of (signed) stuff that would have to come off the wall - my personalised Nebraska (and Quadrophenia & Who's Next) albums for sure, and my signed Astral Weeks - and whilst not a record I'd have to grab the full ESB band photo signed (several personalised) by every single member of the band!, (oh and Bruce's harmonica of course!)……….let's face it - basically I'm going to burn to death! ha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Eileen said:

I'll have to stop thinking about this thread cos I've been on a right downer wondering how I'd get my pets out 

Records etc are the last thing I'd think about. :)

Of course they are. Getting Oscar out would always be my priority (assuming the two Mr J's could manage unaided!) but the question was about which album I would save. There are lots of things I would save before records.

• Like 1

I experienced a fire a couple of Years ago and the last thing i was thinking about my music collection. In the end my wife, me and all our pets were save and except the loss of some material stuff we were happy we survived it.

• Sad 3
7 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

I'd run in to a burning building to dispose of my High Hopes record.

your om fire today ! 

that pun wasn't even intentional :lol:

9 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Of course they are. Getting Oscar out would always be my priority (assuming the two Mr J's could manage unaided!) but the question was about which album I would save. There are lots of things I would save before records.

Yes, I know it's something that's said and that's why I prefer the 'desert island' thing. Don't take what I said too seriously - I can see the fun in wondering.

I have a terror of fire. Doesn't take much to worry the heck out of me - welcome to my world.

If I was going to a desert island and HAD to choose some music … heck, my Walkman … that's got a mixture on it. :)

• Like 2

its just a light hearted thread people,  inspired by the man himself who obviously loves some of his children (albums not humans or furbabies) more than others

is it me or is this place taking everything way too seriously of late ?...(im not singling out this thread or anyone person in particular )

but you know if i have prompted you to work on your emergency plans then thats a good thing 

@Eileen im sorry i worried you, but in all seriousness its your feathered friend in the cage who needs the emergency plan most 

personally this is why i like everyone (as in Borris) to sleep on the bed

but at night she is the mistress of the house so she goes where she wants 

at our place both of our  exterior doors open out of the back part of our house and our bedrooms are all at the front so we know we will have to break a wondow and this makes me rethink planting cacti or roses right under these windows

we have more to worry about than just fire, i saw what happened to my sister's house in the earthquake 

(i know i can reach my darkness box set from the outside)

the night of the quake that broke my sister's house it rained so alot of stuff got ruined  

do we all know where our important documents are?

are they in a fireproof waterproof box ?

maybe now's a good time for everyone to go check their smoke alarms 

i bet you the figher fighter in the Springstee  family has gone home to Mom and Dad's  and checked their place out 

• Like 1